kimberlyj
All3n.4K

gun control and the purge related..

kimberlyj

Con

In my opinion, I believe why the government wants to take away people's guns (gun control) is so they can/plan have a purge. (If you don't know what a purge is; google it,it is based on a movie but I am scared if it happens in real life) WHY would they want a purge, you may ask ? Because maybe they want to reduce the population by killing millions of people. Or they want people to become defenseless by the time they take over the world.
All3n.4K

Pro

I would have to disagree with your opinion. You stated that and I quote: " the government wants to take away people's guns (gun control) is so they can/plan have a purge" at the same time you forgot the fact that the arms that ordinary people bear which are mainly light arms can't in any way stand a chance against the vast military power of any nation including naval and air force (which I doubt any ordinary person can have access to) , not to mention weapons of mass destruction that have been transformed to intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) with a minimum range of 5,500 Km. Concerning reducing the number of population there are plenty of peaceful strategies that are based on the meaningful education of the public to spread awareness on the advantages of population planning. Concerning the "want people to become defenseless by the time they take over the world" opinion, How could people with their light arms defend themselves against weapons of mass destruction that can cross continents and strikes the surface at a speed of 7 km/sec.
kimberlyj

Con

Well if they can have guns,weapons,defense why can't citizens have it too? We need to feel safe at some point..
All3n.4K

Pro

Although you did not stick on our subject of debate (which is: gun control and purge related) I believe that the government has the responsibility of keeping its citizens safe. IF AND ONLY IF the government was not able to do so, citizens should defend themselves. Other than that keeping the guns with citizens during peace times would be promote mob rule and the formation of these mobs that will practice illegal acts and will not respect the law, the government, nor the people who are represented by the government.
kimberlyj

Con

kimberlyj forfeited this round.
All3n.4K

Pro

Vote pro

Thank you
Posted by queencoop 11 months ago
queencoop
If i accept am i arguing that they are not related?