travis18352
I-AM-AWESOME

gun control

I-AM-AWESOME

travis18352

Con

i hope you accept this debate.
round 2 is for arguments
round 3-4 is rebuttel
round 5 is conclusion
I-AM-AWESOME

Pro

I accept this debate
travis18352

Con

first off i am against gun control because it wont do anything to lower the crime rate. criminals dont follow laws so why would they follow an anti gun law? the founders included the right to bear arms in the constitution in order to provide a last resort against a tyrannical government. countries all over the world have banned guns and its never worked so what makes us think the usa is different.
I-AM-AWESOME

Pro

Well first of all you just mentioned one of the most missunderstood things about gun control. I believe that we are a great nation and partially because of our guns I love my gun but that doesn't mean that I don't believe in gun control. Gun Control is the controlling of guns not the destruction of them. To my standard gun control should be a background check every 3 months and making gun safes come with the gun to keep them from children. I am NOT ant-gun but I am NOT anti-gun control. Things will get better if we do that, and in order to protect the people from criminals well background checks would both take their guns and serve justice to them. Thank you I await your response.
travis18352

Con

a background check every 3 months? a gun safe coming with the gun? that would drive up the cost alot and is a horrible idea. a background check wont do anything because if the criminal wants the gun he will get it illegally and not have to go thru the background checks. i dont think that background checks will reduce crime at all.
I-AM-AWESOME

Pro

What I meant about the safe is that parents that can afford a gun safe shall have to buy one, and gun safes are not that expensive I have seen some for $500 which would keep children from shooting up schools. Parents that can not afford gun safes don't have to get them. The part you wrote about background checks not preventing criminals from getting guns is completely true, but I was talking about psychopaths that decide to get a gun within five hours then shoot up schools. I await your response.
travis18352

Con

now that you have elaborated about the gun safes it is actually reasonable but as a libertarian i believe in maximum freedom and maximum responsibility so you should have the freedom to not have a gun safe but you should have the responsibility of keeping that gun out of the hands of children. i dont quite understand your statement "but I was talking about psychopaths that decide to get a gun within five hours then shoot up schools." if you could elaborate further on that so i can better respond to it.
I-AM-AWESOME

Pro

What I was trying to say was of course criminals are not going to background checks but they are not the ones shooting up schools. The other part I said was relating to how easy and fast it is for psychopaths to get a gun in this country. We should have regulation on where and how people get a gun. For god's sake we sell guns at banks! That is one way to stop some crime. Maybe we should look who we are selling our guns to before we give it to anyone. Thank you I await your response.
travis18352

Con

i think if this government wants to keep guns out of the hands of bad guys then lets start will not giving guns to the syrian rebels and the mexican drug cartels. i dont think more regulation will stop any crime. government regulations almost never work. if you really want to stop school shootings then allow teachers to be armed as long as they are properly trained.
I-AM-AWESOME

Pro

You may say I am on the wrong side trying to take your freedom but I am not, it works it works in Australia it works in England it works. All gun control is doing is getting us ready for the day when the future generation wakes up and says "why do we allow everybody to have these weapons that harm our children and give criminals the power to take advantage of our stuff." I don't agree with what will happen but I still want to be prepared. As I said I love my gun, but I would rather give up that right than have another human dead. Thank you, you have been fun to debate.
Posted by JayBizzle 2 years ago
JayBizzle
More guns = more criminals looking over their shoulders. I vote con. What I think is stupid is that you have to register a pistol but not an AK47. Good guys don't go on shooting sprees. Good guys shoot the guys going on shooting sprees.
Posted by AdamKG 2 years ago
AdamKG
I think I already know that I am going to vote pro. Con is not making very good arguments and seems rather uneducated in the subject. I suggestion to travis18352 is to spend some time with research and come back with a better argument next time. I may change my mind if he does that.

I believe in strict gun control, but pro does have reasonable ideas (the gun case idea may be an excessive demand) and is debating it fairly well.
Vote Placed by Defro 2 years ago
Defro
travis18352I-AM-AWESOMETied
Reasons for voting decision: Con loses points in conduct for mistaking gun control with the banning of guns. Con made more grammatical errors than pro. Con also made a lot of assumptions with no source to back up his claims. Although Pro also did not provide sources he backed up his ideas with the anecdote of the school shootings, which is international news and should be common knowlege. Con's ignorance to this issue of school shooting shows that he had not done much research.