balogmsc2015
mitchelcarlin

gun regulation

balogmsc2015

balogmsc2015

Pro

All law abiding American citizens should be able to own any firearm they want, in order to protect themselves and others from enemies both domestic and foreign.
mitchelcarlin

Con

Wouldnt this only make guns and things associated with guns more prominent in society? and easier to aquire?
balogmsc2015

Pro

I am not suggesting a change in regulations on obtaining guns. It will still be difficult to get them. It is easier for criminals to get firearms than it is for law abiding citizens.
mitchelcarlin

Con

Right, but dont you agree that guns and everything affiliated with guns would become more prominent? I dont want young children growing up around guns.
balogmsc2015

Pro

If you don't educate children about guns they grow up to be adults that are uneducated and can not purchase them. this creates a problem. An uneducated young adult grows up to be an ignorant adult that is prone to make mistakes.
mitchelcarlin

Con

I agree about the importance of keeping the public educated, but to promote guns at an early age would make them seem less dangerous than they truly are. Kids need time to grow and develop their mind. If we introduce kids to guns too early guns could become less serious in the heads of kids. in the same way that alcohol is foreign and dangerous to a child, i believe guns should be viewed as this.
balogmsc2015

Pro

Knowing and understanding the danger of guns is part of the education process. It is a responsibility that comes this ownership and that is a vital point in an upbringing around guns.
mitchelcarlin

Con

I just believe that children are not experienced enough to understand every aspect of guns and what they entail.
balogmsc2015

Pro

The point of the education is to prepare them.
mitchelcarlin

Con

mitchelcarlin forfeited this round.
Posted by Our_Future_Freedom 1 year ago
Our_Future_Freedom
I think the word "gun" is to general. Are you talking about a handgun, a rifle, or a shotgun. Each one is different and have their place in society. I do believe that everyone should be allowed to have them, all of them, because it is our constitutional amendment to have one and I don't think that government has the right to tell me I can't have one (unless you are a felon).
Posted by IndianaFrank 1 year ago
IndianaFrank
I don't think I see the purpose in this argument. The Supreme Court has already ruled that states and cities like Chicago and New York and to stop banning firearms. They are banned from anyone with a felony arrest record from purchasing them...
Posted by americanmade23 1 year ago
americanmade23
i agree that most gun owners follow laws, rules, precautions, and society rules. i also agree that only criminals don't follow all that and that they obtain guns however and whenever they want which is often sooner and faster than law abiding citizens do. i am a gun owner and have been raised around guns for all my life and am a strong believer in the 4th amendment. i think that some regulations should lessen and that all guns should be allowed to be owned in general by the population of america. it doesn't matter what regulations there are criminals get guns and do what they want with them no matter what, so even if regulations lessen or get harder criminals still have free access top any guns they want.
Posted by Bergeronjmsc2015 1 year ago
Bergeronjmsc2015
As a gun owner It is my hobby and a source of food. However, most who own guns follow safety protections necessary to be mature gun owner. with great freedom comes great responsibility.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
balogmsc2015mitchelcarlinTied