noahd0g
TheMaster_Debator

gun rights

TheMaster_Debator

noahd0g

Pro

We should be allowed to have gun rights. Also as every one says it is our second amendment right to own guns in the united states. When a gun is purchased a background check is performed on the buyer to ensure they are eligible to purchase a gun. The black market selling of guns is being slowly brought to a stop thanks to the great efforts of the United States law enforcement. Also the United states has done very good at keeping the amount of gun responsible deaths to a low. So because of these reasons gun rights is our right in the United states.
TheMaster_Debator

Con

"When a gun is purchased a background check is performed on the buyer to ensure they are eligible to purchase a gun."

FALSE! This is the biggest fear that people have about guns, anybody can buy them without a background check. Do you watch the news? Please cite your sources.

Yes we DO have the right to bear arms! But of course, I think we can all agree that we don't need assault rifles, or at least very strict policies on them. I am a proud gun owner, I own several, but I think we do need to make sure who gets these weapons, specially things like assault rifles.
noahd0g

Pro

noahd0g forfeited this round.
TheMaster_Debator

Con

TheMaster_Debator forfeited this round.
noahd0g

Pro

noahd0g forfeited this round.
TheMaster_Debator

Con

Although my competitor here has forfeited 2 rounds in a row, I will make 1 more argument and then make my closing.

We have the right to obtain alcohol here in the United States, but there ARE restrictions on it! There are laws about drunk drivers, and underaged drinking, etc... We can still obtain it, but then it's much safer so it doesn't get into the wrong hands (underaged drinkers in this case)

I also wanted to restate the point that guns liker AK-47's and Sniper Rifles don't really need to be in the hands of the public, and if so they should at least have some background checks. I think you are thinking that guns are going to be taken away, but that is not what the president, the House of Rep, the Senate, or the Supreme Court want. Don't you think it would be a good idea to not let a person charged with attempted murder to be released from prison and purchase an assault rifle? In my opinion, This doesn't really sound like a good idea.

I think guns are a right, but there needs to be background checks on the people that purchase them. We have the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" but even these can be taken away if you abused your "right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" i.e. death penalty, prison, or being kicked from the nation when abusing your citizenship (being kicked applies to immigrants only)

Guns are what makes America, almost impossible to invade. We are the most heavily armed country, and I am not talking about the military, I am talking about the citizens of the U.S.A. But yet, I think that we need to make sure these guns don't get in the hands of really bad guys, so background checks and standards should be set on guns.

Thankyou for debating with me, it was a lot of fun. I hope to debate with you again :)
Vote Placed by travis18352 2 years ago
travis18352
noahd0gTheMaster_DebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro forfited.