Ceceomg2988
Leugen9001

hair dye in school

Started: 2/9/2016 Category: Fashion

Ceceomg2988

Pro

I believe that kids like me should be aloud to dye there hair. a girl dyes there hair for like.. personality, freedom, creativity,. it shows there personality by if there favorite color is purple then the might dye there hair purple. are any color. also it is your choice for your hair not anyone Else's but your hair. Also it shows creativity. If your like me you love school. And I like dressing up and I show creativity with my hair. Color, stile, shape, length, and I it should be aloud in schools. just brushing your hair is creativity.
Leugen9001

Con

Short round length. :[

When one makes decisions over school policies, one must take into account all of the interests of a school that are relevant to said policy. Schools would like their students to be healthy and also to feel like they're part of a larger community. Allowing hair dying would go against both of these interests.

Hair dying can affect students' health, as hair dyes often contain heavy metals like lead. As such, allowing it in schools would harm developing children.

Hair dying also reduces school morale by making everyone stand out, reducing uniformity.

Banning hair dying does not hamper a student's ability to express himself. Hair dying, as a medium of art, is limited in expressiveness compared to, say, drawing.
Ceceomg2988

Pro

your hair is apart of your body. and no one can take control of your own body. there for i know hair dye can be distracting but it shows who you are. and well latest i don't use real hair dye. I use fake so it comes out. and i had a meeting with my principal and she said it was "distracting". but i will not take that as an answer because everything is a distraction. even school is a distraction. and also she said that the school AKA her are trying to set us up for success in the future. like for your job. and that if you dyed your hair in a random color they would never take you for the job. but it would help if i started now because i wanna be a hair stylist when i get older. and its really your principals fault that your hair is not dyed
Leugen9001

Con

My opponent made the point that one has full rights over one's body; if that were true, however, then any action done to oneself, even if self-destructive, should be allowed. Society must deny people some rights if it would benefit society in general; everyone is a part of society. Banning hair dying in schools would benefit society slightly by reducing students' lead intake without harming it in any way, as it is not taking away a strong form of expression or something of that sort.

Banning hair dying in schools cannot hamper aspiring hair stylists from achieving their goals, as it is a skill that is easily learned and learning it could therefore be done after graduation.
Posted by minddrag 1 year ago
minddrag
I am afraid that you missed my point. This is your debate, but I am under the impression that all schools already allow hair dye. Am I wrong?
Posted by Ceceomg2988 1 year ago
Ceceomg2988
cliftion elementary,
Posted by Ceceomg2988 1 year ago
Ceceomg2988
but this is my debate and I am doing yes I might do no if I want to
Posted by minddrag 1 year ago
minddrag
Please post an example of a school that doesn't allow hair dye!