jamesmcgrath
WheezySquash8

halo vs assains creed

WheezySquash8
Started: 1/6/2014 Category: Games

jamesmcgrath

Con

i like halo better becuase it has better wepons
WheezySquash8

Pro

Halo vs Assassin's Creed
By: Jordan Cook (WheezySquash8)

~Introducation~

For The Past Century, our society has became more impacted from video games, and technology than almost any other other generation. About 72% of American households play video games. Because of the rising popularity of video games, many video game companies have been competing, or have been compared among each other. With the launch of next generation video game consoles, many games have been compared more than ever. One video game stance that many gamers have made is on the comparison of the Halo, and Assassin's Creed Franchises. Thought they are both completely different video games, but nevertheless we will discuss this topic. Con is for Halo while I am for Assassin's Creed. Out of both games, Assassin's Creed is better. This is why.

"Top 10 Gamer Facts." Video Game Voters Network. Video Game Voters. Web. 6 Jan 2014. <https://secure.videogamevoters.org...;.

Orland , Kyle. "Head-to-head: Everything you need to know in the PS4 vs. Xbox One battle."ArsTechnica. ArsTechnica, 21 Nov 2013. Web. 6 Jan 2014. <http://arstechnica.com...;.

~Reason #1 Exploration~

Though Halo's Forge, and other game modes are fun, the maps in which that you play on do not give a lot of space. In Assassin Creed Black Flag for example though, the player gets his/her own ship called the Jackdraw, and then after that is able to explore all that they want. They are not restricted when it comes to going to places. For example, in Assassin's Creed you are able to go underwater, and explore shipwrecks, find treasures, etc. Meanwhile in Halo if the player goes underwater they die. This restricts the player in Halo from being able to explore, being able to build things in forge that could never do before. In Assassin's Creed, the player is able to travel the seas on ships and explore massive worlds while Halo does not have any amphibious vehicles, and the player if they want to at least make it seem like the are underwater or riding it needs to put a platform under the water so that the he/she does not die. Also, the player in Halo is not able to climb. If they wish to go up a building the must either use a jetpack, climb props, or fly up there using a vehicle that they must spawn. In Forge however the player may fly up there in ball form, but it still does not allow the player to be able to get the full exploration experience that could potentially be offered. Meanwhile, the player in Assassin's Creed has the ability to climb almost any obsticle using varying accrobatics, ropes, etc. The final, but most major reason that Assassin's Creed lays supreme when it comes to exploration is because of the fact that in Halo, the player has not reason to explore. In Assassin's Creed, the player is rewarded for exploring by discovering many valuable things. Treasure, weapons, and numerous other rewards are given to the player if he/she decise to roam around the expansive world of Assassin's Creed while in Halo, the player is punished for deciding to explore by getting 20 seconds to return to the "battlefield" if the go too far off the map, or experiencing a glitch. Assassin's Creed lays supreme when it comes to exploration.

Owens, Craig. "Exploring Assassin's Creed lV Black Flag's New Underwater Sections, Crafting, and Naval Systems." Edge. Edge Online, 30 Sep 2013. Web. 6 Jan 2014. <http://www.edge-online.com...;.

"Why I Believe Halo 4 Forge Is Broken." Se7enSins Gaming Community. Se7enSins. Web. 6 Jan 2014. <http://www.se7ensins.com...;.

Addressing Con

Con... When you say, "I like Halo better because it has better weapons," you are only stating you opinion. You also only said one sentence. If you wish to convince people, you need to state at as much as you can. You should not do that. Another thing that you should never do is use poor grammar. You must use correct grammar to convince you audience. I am only saying this to help. I would also like to tell you that I will be addressing your opinion on weapons soon. I wish you luck. It's hard to debate, and it is something that you do not get right away. I myself am still learning things. I hope that you do not take offense in me trying to help you. Good luck!

jamesmcgrath

Con

okay I think that is alt of stuff to read so I am going to sum this up halo is way better then assanis creed
WheezySquash8

Pro

Addressing Con Part ll

I will first address Con's current issues. Con, please do not take offense in what I say. Con, give me a favor, and use facts. Not mere opinions! When you debate, you cannot only state your opinions. You need facts to prove it. Do you think that John F Kennedy used only his opinion to convince America to want to go to the Moon? No! I would also like to tell you once again that even though this is an online website, show at least some grammar. Even though I realized that I sometimes have spelling errors, at least I try to use at least some grammar. Coming into Debate.org without good grammar is liking going into the shower with your clothes on. I would also like to tell you that you should at least be respectful by reading what I have spent about two hours typing. I bet that you are not even reading this right now. Thanks a lot for showing respect for what I try my best on. I appreciate it. If you do not learn to show attention, what are you going to do when you need to focus to keep a job one day? You could've read my previous round, and you may have been able to use what I stated against me. Instead, you decided to spend 5 seconds not even reading what I said, and typing the same opinion as before. You could've had a chance of winning, but now you have practically ruined it. Anyways, now to addressing what con said.

I am assuming that Con said, "Okay. I think that is a lot of stuff to read so I am going to sum this up. Halo is way better than Assassin's Creed." Con, this is does not prove anything. As stated in the parapraph prior to this, one cannot convince others in his/her opinion without facts to back their opinion up. It is almost impossible to convince other people if somebody just says their opinion. Unless their opinion is already widely supported, they will not convince others to believe the same. Therefore, your statement cannot be true unless you find proof.

Flickety, Maluniu, ed. "How To Debate."WikiHow. WikiHow. Web. 7 Jan 2014. <http://www.wikihow.com...;.

Garber, Steve. "The Decision to Go to the Moon: President John F. Kenned'ys May 25, 1961 Speech before a Joint Session of Congress."NASA. NASA. Web. 7 Jan 2014. <http://history.nasa.gov...;.

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouRbkBAOGEw

~Reason #2 Combat~

The combat in the Assassin's Creed series has been a key success for the franchise. The Assassin theme of the game has made it so that the player can hide in bushes, and knock out enemies passing by, air assassinating people, etc. Meanwhile in Halo, the player's only ability to hide is with a drop that must be either spawned, or on the map the player is on, or by walking behind the enemy hoping to backstap the other player. Halo's in game radar though makes the one trying to backstab likely seen. Secondly, Assassin Creed's combat allows the player to block attacks by ememies and plays, and counteract them allowing combat to vary. Meanwhile, Halo does not let the player counteract most attacks making the combat for the player not vary as much as Assassin's Creed. The only real way to counteract attacks in Halo is by using his/her arm to ram the attacker, but this does not stop many things. Assassin Creed's combat comes varies more because of this, and it's animations. Attack animations in Assassin Creed are not always the same. For example, if the player can run between two enemies at once, and stab them, and would not do it again if fighting two enemies against. The player could use human shields, break an ememy's defenses (making them drop their weapons), etc. This also helps combat vary, and be more appealing to the player. In Halo, however the player's only real attack animation is when the player backstabs an enemy, or player, or plants a sticky grenade on a vehicle such as a tank. This means that the player in Halo cannot kill two people at once without an explosive weapon that has a massive blast range, and cannot stop most attacks by an enemy leading to spawn killing.

Reynolds, Matthew, ed. "Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Combat To Be More Challenging." Digital Spy. DigitalSpy, 6 Mar 2013. Web. 7 Jan 2014. <http://www.digitalspy.com...;.

"Halo 4 Multiplayer SUCKS!!!!."Xbox360Achievements. N.p., 8 Nov 2012. Web. 7 Jan 2014. <http://www.easyxbox360achievements.com...;.

"Assassination." Wikia. Halo Nation. Web. 7 Jan 2014. <http://halo.wikia.com...;.

"Fighting Techniques." Gaming Pressure. GamingPressure. Web. 7 Jan 2014. <http://guides.gamepressure.com...;.

jamesmcgrath

Con

I forfeit
WheezySquash8

Pro

Outro

After the forfeit of Con, it seems like I have won. Though both games come from different backgrounds, and are meant for different purposes, it seem like it is almost impossible to avoid the fact that all games are unique, and good. Some, more than others, but either way all games are worthy of getting an audience, and support. Because of the Con's forfeit, it seems that me, and my stance have won. Currently, Assassin's Creed is the better game.

Letter To Con

Dear Con,

I would like to start off by apologizing if I offended you during this debate. I just happen to have a very short temper when it comes to people not taking debates seriously. My stances are very strong on things, and I tend to sometimes take those stances too far. I am really sorry if I was rude to you. I would also like to say that if you ever want my help in debating, you can add me as a friend. I would gladly help you in debating. I am still learning things too however. I literally just learned how to change the font of things now, and I am still trying to learn how to put pictures in debates. In life, we all learn at different paces. For me, it's slowly. So if you ever need assistance, I am here.

Best of luck even though there is still one more round,

Jordan Cook (WheezySquash)

;
jamesmcgrath

Con

thats okay i am not very good at debateing yet but halo is still better
WheezySquash8

Pro

Thanks for debating with me.

;
Posted by USN276 2 years ago
USN276
anyone agree?
Posted by USN276 2 years ago
USN276
Halo 1, 2, 3 ODST, and Reach are the good Halos. I never actually played Halo Wars so i can't judge but Halo 4 sucks. Halo 2 is the best Halo ever made.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Ikr lol.
Posted by WheezySquash8 3 years ago
WheezySquash8
Con is only placing opinions, and has forfeited. Therefore, I won. :-D
Posted by WheezySquash8 3 years ago
WheezySquash8
Lol.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
Con is winning this so far.
Posted by jamesmcgrath 3 years ago
jamesmcgrath
not true
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
"Assains Creed" is better because its more realistic.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
jamesmcgrathWheezySquash8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: No RFD required.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
jamesmcgrathWheezySquash8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit by con, no arguments posted by con, and terrible grammar by con. All seven points to pro
Vote Placed by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
jamesmcgrathWheezySquash8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff and Pro made better arguments. Good luck in your next debates.