FOX01
Atheist-Independent

handball can be played anywhere with lines

Atheist-Independent

FOX01

Pro

This game can be played anywhere with lines
Atheist-Independent

Con

I accept this incredibly important debate.

As my opponent has not given any definitions, I shall.

handball: a game similar to squash in which a ball is hit with the hand in a walled court.

lines: a long, narrow mark or band. OR

is straight (no curves), has no thickness, and extends in both directions without end (infinitely).

For this debate I will use both definitions. Proceed, Pro.
FOX01

Pro

your answer has no importance in the topic that has been set. so your task is to say why it this game has no meaning.
Atheist-Independent

Con

ARGUMENT
I apologize to my opponent, It is a general custom on DDO for the first round to be for acceptance. Anyways let us get to the argument.

In the first round I provided two definitions, for lines and for handball. My opponents premise is that handball can be played anywhere with lines. I will show that this is both illogical and improbable with multiple examples.

Example 1

As a line is, geometrically, an infinite extension with no thickness it would be improbable to say that one could play handball on one of these devilish creations. Here is a picture of said lines.

Now one problem with playing handball on these things is that they are infinite. Therefore the players would never be able to score a goal as they would simply be searching throughout infinity to simply find the net.

The other problem is that the lines are two dimensional (2D) and have no thickness. Therefore it would be awfully hard for the players to balance on the surface.

Example 2
Another definition for lines would be the lines that a particular person must say in a play or movie. Also, lines can be instructions for a musician when playing music. While not always the case, these types of lines are generally found on sheets of paper. While paper is a somewhat solid substance, moreso than geometric lines that is, it would still be hard to play a game of handball on them.

Here is an example of play lines.

It would be awfully difficult to play handball on this as well...

Example 3
Line is also a surprisingly common first name. In the USA alone about 1,105 people go by the name Line. In fact, Maine has the most number of people named Line in the Union [1].

While handball may be an exilerating sport, I'm not sure these people would appreciate massive handballers like this one playing on them.

Back over to you Pro!

[1] http://names.whitepages.com...
FOX01

Pro

FOX01 forfeited this round.
Atheist-Independent

Con

Extend all arguments.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
FOX01Atheist-IndependentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
FOX01Atheist-IndependentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Con. Pro forfeited the final round which is rarely acceptable conduct in any debate setting. Arguments - Con. Pro failed to affirm the resolution once he neglected to provide rebuttals to the challenges raised by Con. This left Con standing unchallenged and thus he wins arguments. Sources - Con. Pro failed to utilize any sources throughout the debate whereas Con did. This is a clear win for Con.