imcalledkenz
aluce1100

harry potter vs star trek

aluce1100 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

imcalledkenz

Pro

I strongly believe that Harry Potter is much better than Star Trek. First off, Harry Potter beats anything. It is amazing. Harry Potter movies are based off of eight amazing books. The movies follow rather closely to the books. Star Trek is based off of comics, and that is not very scholarly at all. Would you prefer a well written book, or a childish comic book?
aluce1100

Con

While Harry Potter may be based on books, Star Trek has had far more movies, both old and new ones for fans to enjoy. On top of that, there have been several TV series that were very popular and successful. Star Trek also follows a semi plausible idea of space exploration, unlike Star Wars where the protagonists use a mystical force and swords made of light.
imcalledkenz

Pro

First off, I'm debating about Harry Potter, I'm not quite sure why Star Wars was even mentioned. You must not know what you're talking about. Harry Potter may have less movies or TV shows, there are spin off books and movies. For example, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. There's a very famous play based off of Harry Potter. Harry Potter is more well known and loved.
aluce1100

Con

Yeah, as you can see, I obviously had a brain fart and a half. Now I'll get back on track. Star Trek may not have spinoffs, but it relies on a world that as I mistakenly stated in my first point is plausible. The possibility of magic like in Harry Potter is scientifically impossible. And not to mention that the Harry Potter movies have very little action and put me to sleep and the books incredibly long.
imcalledkenz

Pro

I would like to mention, as someone commented, Harry Potter has it's own theme park. This is a huge deal. I don't see Star Trek having its own theme park! Moving on, you mentioned that the magic in Harry Potter is impossible, this is true. However, it's a fantasy series, and fiction books. It never claimed to be real at all. Star Trek certainly has its own far fetched ideas. If the books are too long, you can still love and appreciate the movies. If you think Harry Potter has little action, you are certainly mistaken. All the Deathly Hallows movies are are action!

All in all, Harry Potter over anything.
Posted by ss_anouse 1 year ago
ss_anouse
Fight club is better than both
Posted by Ebucket 1 year ago
Ebucket
I think that Harry Potter is better since it was so memorable and it even has its own theme park for crying out loud!!!
Posted by brooke_d00 1 year ago
brooke_d00
Best. Argument. Ever! XD #starwars
Posted by katiemullaney 1 year ago
katiemullaney
we believe that the winner is harry potter
Posted by MichaelDC18 1 year ago
MichaelDC18
I think star trek is far superior to harry potter because of the fact that harry potter faces a very strange fantasy world with a story that is hard to follow while star trek is a movie about future space exploration and it peaks my interest.
Posted by Calabrese22 1 year ago
Calabrese22
Star Wars... you mean star trek.
Posted by dickpickle 1 year ago
dickpickle
Lol you're stupid n!gg3rs who watch nerdy movies XDDDD u suck a$$