shelby13
Teemo

hats in schools

Teemo

shelby13

Pro

I think that we should be able to wear hats in school because some kids don't have time to do their hair in the morning so when they wear a hat I helps prevent them from getting bullied so if we don't wear hats then you aren't helping stop bulling.
Teemo

Con

"I think that we should be able to wear hats in school because some kids don't have time to do their hair in the morning so when they wear a hat I helps prevent them from getting bullied so if we don't wear hats then you aren't helping stop bulling."

Children don't get bullied due to their hair. If such were true, then there wouldn't be a "wacky hair day" at schools.

The reason hats are banned are for protection reasons. For example, if someone were to get robbed in school, the cameras wouldn't be able to recognise the culprit because the hat is blocking their face. Also, it is used to prevent gang signs. Plenty of hats have gang signs. Furthermore, it disrespects the teacher. Usually, when wearing hats, you intercept eye contact with others. When talking to an adult, it is respectful to make eye contact. With hats, this ruins such from occurring.
shelby13

Pro

well that is true but at my school we do not do wacky hair day anymore and I know that kids get bullied because I hear it everyday and I too have been bullied because my hair looked "stupid" so it would be nice to be able to cover it up and I know it is disrespectful to wear a hat so if you don't take your hat off then you would get noon-d
Teemo

Con

Do people get bullied because of the colour of their skin? Unfortunately yes. Does that mean we should encourage them to change their colour of skin? Of course not! Regardless if you are getting bullied, wearing hats is both disrespectful and a security issue. If you are getting bullied due to your hair, you should comb it.
shelby13

Pro

shelby13 forfeited this round.
Teemo

Con

Thanks for the debate.
Posted by thatgurlhannah143 3 years ago
thatgurlhannah143
How can a hat be distracting? I mean anything can be a distaction even shoes, so should we stop wearing shoes? Banning hats is taking away something we use to personalize ourselfs. If it is because they can't see someones' face when stealing, just don't let it cover students' faces. Protection? Safety? What the heck does that have to do with anything?
Posted by 27376 3 years ago
27376
As much as i wish we could wear hats. But I know it is for our protection and safety
Posted by Carthage 3 years ago
Carthage
It's also a distraction. When we had hat days at school, everyone stole everone else's hat. It's just too easy to take.
Vote Placed by GOP 3 years ago
GOP
shelby13TeemoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Pro forfeited. Spelling and grammar -Pro didn't capitalize his/her words, while Con did. Convincing arguments - Con did a good job when he/she argued that hats should not be allowed due to security reasons. Con also did a good job making a connection to people getting made fun of due to their skin color. Lastly, I think Con made a very effective argument (yet simple) when he/she said that one could simply comb his hair to not get bullied.