dairygirl4u2c
cha-the-politician

health insurance should be mandatory

dairygirl4u2c

Pro

we all are affected by bad health and almost all of us will need medical care. it's like everyone needs firemen and police. what insurance should not be, is you just die if you aren't covered. it's easy to say you didn't get insurance therefore you can die, but this doesn't and woudln't happen in practice. why is it okay for one person to not be insured and pass the cost on to everyone else?
cha-the-politician

Con

I MUST ACCEPT D CHALLENGE.

Don't worry, I'm not a troll.

Burden of proof on you, good luck!
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

duly noted. that above is my opening argument. what's yours
cha-the-politician

Con

cha-the-politician forfeited this round.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

dairygirl4u2c forfeited this round.
cha-the-politician

Con

Posted by cha-the-politician 1 year ago
cha-the-politician
Sorry, no time. I'm really busy recently. SOZ! :P
Posted by cha-the-politician 1 year ago
cha-the-politician
arghhh how long will the system take to update this debate?
Posted by cha-the-politician 1 year ago
cha-the-politician
Let's wait until it updates... how long will it take?
Posted by cha-the-politician 1 year ago
cha-the-politician
Please respond to my comment in your argument. 3rd round.
Posted by cha-the-politician 1 year ago
cha-the-politician
"we all are affected by bad health and almost all of us will need medical care. it's like everyone needs firemen and police. what insurance should not be, is you just die if you aren't covered. it's easy to say you didn't get insurance therefore you can die, but this doesn't and woudln't happen in practice. why is it okay for one person to not be insured and pass the cost on to everyone else?"

Yes, we all are affected by bad health. However, most of us can afford to receive medical care, and those who are not are effectively covered by welfare programs. Law enforcement is required to enforce pre existing law to prevent chaos and riot. It will be insane to expect welfare to cover individual security companies.

Firemen are also specifically and extensively trained to put out fire with specific equipment that a lot of us can not afford.

These things are essential to our safety and productivity.

I don't get the last sentence.

Also, the thing about insurance is that it doesn't cover everything, and welfare can not cover basic insurance.

According to http://www.welfareinfo.org..., the welfare for a single person is $200 per month. According to kff.org, the average health insurance monthly premiums is $235.27. When considering a program mandatory to all citizens, it is important to consider our lowest income community.
Posted by cha-the-politician 1 year ago
cha-the-politician
OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY FOR FORFEITING! I'll try to respond the next round.
Posted by cha-the-politician 1 year ago
cha-the-politician
I'll post tmr. I'm my response in class and in any opportunity. I don't want to forfeit but as a student I'm really busy. Thank you for the understanding!
Posted by V5RED 1 year ago
V5RED
Your position is not sensible given the comparisons you are making. You do not pay for a specific police protection policy. This is covered by your taxes. Using the systems you are in favor of as a basis for what you want for medicine, a sensible stance would be that medical care should be paid for by our taxes.

What you have proposed would be like expecting everyone to need to buy a police protection policy, but it goes worse than that. Having insurance does not mean that you need not pay for future medical expenses, it means that you pay less. Thus using your reasoning, and the reasoning of those supporting anything but single payer, we should have to pay for police insurance and then when they arrive pay a copay for them to actually stop our attacker from beating us over the head.