Health Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Cannabis should be legalized

DarthKirones
jacobie1121

"Cannabis, commonly known as marijuana, and by numerous other names is a preparation of the cannabis plant intended for use as a psychoactive drug and as medicine." This is my definition of Cannabis, or what we will be calling it; Marijuana. I will be arguing Marijuana should not only be legalized medically but for recreation purposes as well. We are not talking about legalization in a specific country, just legalization period. The rules are as follows: 1st round: Acceptance 2nd round:...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Minutes Ago

Aspartame is good.

MikeAustin
MarcyMarc

Aspartame is one of the most common artificial sweeteners in use today. It is sold under the brand names NutraSweet" and Equal". Aspartame is composed mainly of 2 amino acids, aspartic acid and phenylalanine. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and are found naturally in many foods. Aspartame is used in many foods and beverages because it is about 200 times sweeter than sugar, so much less of it can be used to give the same level of sweetness. This, in turn, lowers the calories in...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should government regulate school lunches

PrincessYeet
MyDinosaurHands

It's the parents job to monitor and teach their kids on health not the government....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 52 Minutes Ago

Steroids in foods

Dmod09
Flipz

i dont believe there should be steriods put into our food. what are the pros and cons of the steriods?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Why do we need sleep?

alexbuehrer
Flipz

I believe that we need sleep to live and survive. People seem to become angry when they do not sleep....

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Are food manufacturers killing us with preservatives, steroids, and antibiotics?

graceek
Blade-of-Truth

Food manufacturers are not killing us with preservatives and various chemicals. Food today is much more processed but is not harmful....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Should the Legal Drinking Age Be Lowered to 18?

mikay
Curci

After tuning 18, it is legal for a person to get married, get divorced, adopt a child, enlist in the military, and buy tobacco. At this stage in life, the average 18 year old is not mature or economically stable to do these things. The consumption of alcohol is a huge responsibility and it should be taken seriously. The legal drinking age should not be lowered to 18 because it can cause harm to a developing brain and body, it would put adolescents in unsafe environments, and more people would ha...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

abortion should be illegal

madison16
Tvirus

1. state argument claim 2. contention3. conclusion/rebuttal Abortion should not be illegal in the Unites States because it takes away the right to make one's own decision...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Veterans Administrations refusal to accept white discrimination

Satharian

I was refused enrollment because of a Affirmative Action /preference law that Washington state had put in place as early as the 1990's,I was enrolled under chapter 31 disability retraining and told to go to the back of the bus and get out of the lines at Edmonds Community College.Blacks had got the vote and no one who is not minority will be signed up,A white female told me she did not care I was a veteran nor that I was under contact ,Get out of her line,I went inside and was told their hands w...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Cancer is a horrible disease

Jamie87
9lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlb

Cancer is a horrible illness caused by unregulated cell growth which claims 8 million people's lives world wide every year (13% of all deaths) 1 in 3 of us will get cancer and have to go through a grueling treatment process which can consist of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery and half will still die. There are many types of cancer, the most common being lung, prostate and bowel cancer and the trends are that cancer rates are going to increase within the next 100 years due to people liv...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago