sheila49
queenofmayhem

heaven or hell your choice

queenofmayhem

sheila49

Pro

why do you feel people don't live for God when he loved us enough to come to earth and die for our sins those who don't accept God go to a place called hell for eternity judgement day is coming no one fears God eternity is forever and god will judge us all give your opinion hell is a place of torment forever
queenofmayhem

Con

Now this debate I look forward to.

My opponent has asked the question why people do not live for God after all he has done for us. She has stated that those who do not accept God should be tormented in hell for eternity.

Nice to meet you too!

What we have here is Christianity at its darkest. Now, in reality, this debate is in fact quite simple, as all I must say to win is that not everyone is Christian, not everyone believes what you do, and that is exactly why not everyone lives for God. However, I intend to seize this opportunity to turn this flop of a debate around and possibly into something of interest.

So, why don't all people live for God?

I will break this down as simply as possible, mostly because I do not expect to change my opponent's extremist views but to expose them to the facts. The Bible itself has said to seek the truth.

Jesus said, "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8: 32

This is a crucial line in the Bible. Not by blind belief, not by threatening people to convert, but by seeking the truth is how you find Jesus and through him, free yourself.

Despite this, why is truth so taboo in extremist religions? The answer is in our repetitive history. People are scared of the truth, and in this situation particularly, the unknown. It is so much easier to force yourself to believe that believers are people of God and everyone else will be damned. However, it is beliefs like this that has forbidden seeking the truth throughout history. Beliefs like this where there was only one religion allowed in a country and any scientific advances that put these beliefs in question were forbidden, these beliefs are what caused much of the ugly bloody history. Martyrs, murders, the Crusades...so much innocent blood spilled out of fear. Fear of what? The truth.

But now, we have entered a new age. Scholars, critics, physicists, philosophers, all have studied the Bible's words. We live in a world where knowledge is everywhere and we are entirely free to delve into it. Yet we still have people like my opponent who turn their back on all of this, and it is really quite sad.

I have gone on longer than I expected, so I leave it at this. Some people live by God, just not the way the my opponent would like. And just because people do not worship God exactly how my opponent does, that does not mean they will be damned. That is the key to understanding extremists. They believe one way is the right way, however this is untrue. There are millions of ways to appreciate God or, for those who do not believe in God, to appreciate the world around you.
sheila49

Pro

sheila49 forfeited this round.
queenofmayhem

Con

It looks as if my opponent has deleted their account, so I think it is pretty obvious who won.

I believe they should also lose conduct points for attacking me in the comments rather than facing me in a fair debatw.
sheila49

Pro

sheila49 forfeited this round.
queenofmayhem

Con

This is disappointing.
sheila49

Pro

sheila49 forfeited this round.
sheila49

Pro

sheila49 forfeited this round.
queenofmayhem

Con

This debate is over.
Posted by Shadow-Dragon 3 years ago
Shadow-Dragon
Sagey, that is the most stupid response I have ever heard. It is not asking where do you think you and your family will end up, but rather where would it be a better place.
Would you rather rot and burn in darkness, or enjoy bountiful happiness in Heaven?
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
Hell would be a much happier place than Heaven, firstly I don't know anybody who could make it to heaven, all my family, relatives and friends would be in Hell, same as nearly everybody's family and friends. When I studied the Bible it dawned on me how hard it was to pass judgement and make it to Heaven. So much so that only weird sycophants for God would actually get there and spending an eternity with such weird creeps would not be fun.
Also, since all the structures that create the ILLUSION OF PAIN, would stay with our rotting corpses, we could not have such sensation as spiritual beings, so no pain illusion would be available in Hell.
Essentially, Hell is the better place to be!
Posted by MysticMansion 3 years ago
MysticMansion
There are a number of elements that combine for humans to reject the love of God. Demons were created with sufficient knowledge and power to make a single choice and as intellectuals were immediately cast out into the darkness of living death which we call hell when they choose their own will over God's.

This same test has come to us. We must willingly choose to know love and serve God or we fail eternally.

This choice requires obedience to all of God's laws as proof of our love. Each man who sins whether they believe that Jesus is God or not offends God. What almost no one understands about Christianity is that the act of sin is really based on the individual judging God to be evil.

First to sin we must choose to reject God's will, revealed, or we judge that He is incapable of seeking justice against us. Both are misjudgements of God. God is strict and He will be obeyed or the sinner will be condemned for all eternity. This goes for those who say they love God and those who don't for each will be judged based on their own knowledge that they had and that they should of had.

By their works shall you know them. It is not enough to claim to know God to really know Him. It is not enough to say your love God to actually love God. St Paul said Heaven is won by patient endurance. We must prove ourselves until the end.

God judges us for all our thoughts, words, and actions. He respects our free will and in most cases allows our will to move in the directions we chose. He only as providential father directs the outcome of our choices. His fore knowledge of us and our sins is not responsible for their commission. It is our sins that convict us but it is in deed God who as judge sentences us to our eternal pre-determined end.
Posted by queenofmayhem 3 years ago
queenofmayhem
I ask that my opponent replies to my through debate and not through attacking me in the comments. Let's be civilized. I am here to debate, not fight. This will be the last comment I make. If my opponent wishes to forfeit, be my guest.
Posted by sheila49 3 years ago
sheila49
Speaking about God heaven and hell is the debate
Posted by sheila49 3 years ago
sheila49
It seems you don't understand the seriousness of eternity and hell it seems you do t worry about i this is a serious thing
Posted by queenofmayhem 3 years ago
queenofmayhem
Let's keep this to the debate please.
Posted by sheila49 3 years ago
sheila49
It's not about fear its about a god that loved us enough to come down from heaven to bear our sins on a cross so we may enter heaven he was the only perfect sacrifice for our sins the father accepted and if we reject his perfect love yes we go to hell well deserving it you cant live any way you want and go to heaven no one enters heaven unless they accept jesus in there life
Posted by sheila49 3 years ago
sheila49
Jesus died for is all to go to heaven you must be born again the Russian no one goes to heaven unless you accept Jesus Christ in your life they go to hell a place of torment if they reject jesus
Posted by TheRussian 3 years ago
TheRussian
"he loved us enough to come and die for our sins"
Not all people are Christian.
Vote Placed by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
sheila49queenofmayhemTied
Reasons for voting decision: Don't know what happened to Pro, but I'm undecided as to the debate, but forfeiting gives conduct points to Con. And as it stands, since Pro also did not bother to post a decent argument, and Con did, I guess Con gets the most convincing argument as well. Maybe Pro got ill or parents made Pro close the account, we may never know.
Vote Placed by goldtrotter 3 years ago
goldtrotter
sheila49queenofmayhemTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Con due to the fact the Pro forfeited and began to bombard Con in the comments. I think everything else is prett self explanatory. Pro used improper grammar and never made an argument, while Con's argument was clear and precise.