grecherme
JosiahWest

heavy metal belongs to satan?

Con Tied Pro

grecherme

Con

generation after generation....music genres such as roc n roll, hard rock, heavy metal and death metal have been tagged as being satanic!

i find that being completely ridiculous because you can't just tag a band for being just because of the type of music that particular band plays.

I'm not saying that there aren't satanic bands out there and i'm not saying that they are few because i have to admit that a considerable amount of death metal bands are at least anti-christian.

On the other hand its completely ridiculous in saying that rock n roll bands such as KISS, guns n roses, led zepplin, the who...ect. I doubt that satanist would sing about love songs because a considerable amount of songs of these types of bands are about love (and sex)

bdw i m a die-hard rock n roller and metalhead
JosiahWest

Pro

I'd just like y'all to know that this is my first Debate.org debate and I hope you enjoy it, sans my lack of professionalism. And I am as well a hard and heavy metalhead.

In my opening statement I must point out PRO's statement; "generation after generation....music genres such as roc n roll, hard rock, heavy metal and death metal have been tagged as being satanic."
This is clearly true and for good reason, but it is not just heavy metal, death metal or hard rock that has been branded as satanic. You seem to have forgotten punk, grunge and the whole spectrum of other musical groups that are clearly satanic. In Metallica's cover song, The Prince, they clearly sing of their desire for the Lord of Darkness, Satan, as they openly sing -

"Angel from below . . .
I WISH TO SELL MY SOUL . . .
DEVIL TAKE MY SOUL
with diamonds you repay
I don't care for heaven
so don't you look for me to cry
AND I WILL BURN IN HELL
from the day I die."

If that is not satanic I do not know what is. But not just Metallica has been accurately branded as satanic, if you search Google for Satanic Bands you will come back with nearly a million entries of bands spewing their hatred for religion and the church. Music made to turn Little Tommy Goodguy into a worshipper of Satan. Even bands such as Led Zeppelin have a hidden agenda, implanting subliminal satanic messages in their songs, namely Stairway to Heaven. Imagine that, Stairway to Heaven containing satanic messages. What a conundrum! A song containing words about going to heaven containing words right out of Beelzebub's mouth! I think I have said enough.
grecherme

Con

First of all....this topic is about the genre in general not about one particular band. I still doubt that metallica are satanists because sometimes james hetfield wears a cross (not an inverted one) during some shows and i seriously doubt that any satanist would wear.

You said that led zep have hidden messages in the song "stairway to heaven", i checked it out and u were that when u play it backwards there is a slight satanic message but apart from a few words here and there you can barely understand it. it was more like...gibbrish that needed subtitles to understand (which were clearly invented). I still think that it was a coincidence because even if u play one of jay-z's song backwards you get satanic essages and the type of music that he plays is rap and that $hit so no one cares about it, led zepplin on the other hand.....

Like i said in the previous round...there are many satanic metal bands but they fall into the category of black metal due to the type of lyrics. some satanic metal bands include:
Deicide
Vital Remains
Rotting christ
Dimmu borgir
Cradle of filth
Emperor
Mayhem
Burzum
Marduk
Impaled Nazarene
Judas Christ
Bathory
Darkthrone
Dissection
Immortal
Akercocke
Gorgoroth
Satyricon
Morbid Angel

All those bands have on thing in common...they sing black metal music!!! Real satanists dont go around singing songs about how they were satisfied by their women(like: acdc, kiss) or about love (like: van halen, kiss, alice cooper)

Black sabbath is the band that gave us metal so i cant help mentioning them in this debate. The have beeen branded satanic for almost 4 decades now, most of this critism has gone towards ozzy osbourne. Most of the people that brand black sabbath as being satanic are the people that have NEVER heard any of their songs! because if u listen to their songs u will find nothing wrong with them. IRONICALLY they have a pro-christian song called "after forever", they have more pro-christian songs but i cant remember their name at the moment.
The part that struck me most in the song "after forever" is:

"Could it be youre afraid of what your friends might say
If they knew you believe in God above?
They should realize before they criticize
That God is the only way to love"

if thats not pro-christian i dont know what is!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
There are even pro-christian metal and rock genres which include : christian rock, christian metal and unblack metal!

Christian metal bands include:
American Resurrection Band
Swedish Jerusalem
Stryper

Christian rock bands:
Skillet
The beatles
john lennon
rolling stones
mind garage
larry norman

Unblack metal bands:
Admonish
Antestor
Crimson Moonlight
Drottnar
Extol (early)
Fearscape
Frosthardr
Frost Like Ashes
Holy Blood
Horde
Kekal
Lengsel
Sanctifica
Slechtvalk
Vaakevandring

i ve def said enough
JosiahWest

Pro

Unfortunately due to lack of internet at my home and extreme lack of time to research I will have to say that once I get back from a family emergency I will be back and raring to knock your socks off grecherme. If you would be so kind as to give me until Monday when I can post my arguement I will be very thankful.
grecherme

Con

All i am trying to do here is increase the acceptance of people towards meal music and metalheads!

I know i can't change the opinion of the whole world but at least i can try to influence as much people as possible. In this debate i just realised that i didn't mention one of the most important things of all. I am a christian, and I feel that this genre hasn't influenced me negatively at all.

In my humble opinion I believe that the picture that people such as sean paul, eminem and others alike present is much worse than the image portrayed by metal, in songs such as "low", "temperature", "get busy", "hollywood" and "like a virgin"

although i did not present a long list that doesnt mean that those videos are the only ones that ar vulgar. all you need to do to realise that i'm right just turn on your television and put it on mtv. You will be paticularly disgusted with madonna's videos. surely 99% naked women is worse for a growing a child than a FEW satanic metal songs.

akon is not renowned for representing a bad image yet look at some of lyrics

I m sorry i wans't allowed to post the lyrics due to profanities

some metal bands such as kiss and acdc are renowned for having sex-related lyrics (sry if i couldn't use the word "sex" but i couldnt think of a replacement word) but most of the metal bands talk about war(most of the time from a negative aspect),death (yes, i amit it but that doesn't make them satanic), life problems, and ironically enoughthere are tons of love metal songs

------the end-------

I'm sorry for your family problems, I hope you will be able to reply. God Bless
JosiahWest

Pro

JosiahWest forfeited this round.
Posted by xeberus 9 years ago
xeberus
Con wins. What a horrible debate, but he presented the best argument.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 9 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
I'd love to see those statistics no?
Posted by Zerosmelt 9 years ago
Zerosmelt
more than half**

(this 25 character thing is really pointless and annoying)
Posted by Zerosmelt 9 years ago
Zerosmelt
It could be argued that metallica went "soft" after their black album. (self titled) they certainly lost more then have of their then fan base when it was issued.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 9 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
"It isn't that Metallica isn't "metal" Ragner (I concede that previous comment); it's just that they are quite bland now. Their earlier stuff was good, but they've gone way soft."

I haven't heard the stuff off Death Magnetic yet, so if you mean that I can't respond, but I have a hard time finding any album of theirs that is "soft." They have certain songs that soften up at times, because the integrity of that specific song demands it. But they have not on the whole "gone soft," they've just outgrown their old categorization. St. Anger, for example, the title song on their most recent album other than Death Magnetic, is certainly not "Soft." It sounds different than the earlier stuff, but it has it's own merits.
Posted by PoeJoe 9 years ago
PoeJoe
It isn't that Metallica isn't "metal" Ragner (I concede that previous comment); it's just that they are quite bland now.

Their earlier stuff was good, but they've gone way soft.
Posted by JosiahWest 9 years ago
JosiahWest
Sorry about the lack of an arguement today but I have been very busy trying to take care of my family as of recently. I will definitely be back Monday unless the emergency takes a turn for the worse. Thank you for your patience.
Posted by grecherme 9 years ago
grecherme
christian metal is still real metal dude!
the lyrics are jut religios but the music is still normal in most bands
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 9 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
Define "Real metal."

Please?
Posted by water123 9 years ago
water123
i agrre with pro because most of that trash has evil words
Vote Placed by ruthsant1992 9 years ago
ruthsant1992
grechermeJosiahWestTied
Vote Placed by mark92m 9 years ago
mark92m
grechermeJosiahWestTied
Vote Placed by Zerosmelt 9 years ago
Zerosmelt
grechermeJosiahWestTied
Vote Placed by grecherme 9 years ago
grecherme
grechermeJosiahWestTied