hey i need help just wrote a schoalship speech on leadership id like some people to comment and help

Go to the people. Live with them. Learn from them. Love them. Start with what they know. Build with what they have. But with the best leaders, when the work is done, the task accomplished, the people will say "We have done this ourselves"."
Lao Tzu this is what leadership means to me, going to the people, living with them learning as much from them as they lean from you, pushing them forward to accomplish tasks that will benefit the for the long run. Standing far enough into the background that they have the opportunity to work for themselves but close enough to help them grow from their mistakes. Today that is what I'm going to discuss leadership what it is, what it means to me, and what it means to be a good leader.

What is leadership?

Is leadership just simply the act of leading a group of people, or is it something more? Is It standing up for a minority because no one else will? Is it being first to raise your hand in class or pushing a friend into singing in the school talent show and helping her over come her fears? Tom Landry once said Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve. And I agree with this every part but leadership is so much more. leadership can not be just simply defined for each person there is a different definition as well their should be but on thing is commonly known leadership is the ability to point people in the direction that they ought to be going in. as Henry Miller once said the real leader has no need to lead – he is content to point the way.

What does leadership mean to me?

As I said before each individual person needs to have there own definition of leadership, because it in itself is different to each person. This idea this quality this value is so important but how can it be important to every one person with a generic definition if each person is different. It cant, so what is leadership to me? Well for me leadership is going off of the well paved road and creating a path through the tall grass, and even if others don't follow your positions or ideas its standing up anyway and not backing down just because someone doesn't agree with you as Henry A. Kissinger says A leader does not deserve the name unless he is willing occasionally to stand alone. Leadership is about is about going and showing others a new path but it is also the ability to help others grow into who they want to become being able to stand in the back ground when needed and being able step up and take control. For me leadership is not a job or a title its not something that your born with or something that someone can simply teach you it is an abstract quality that many can obtain but very few posses. But what does make a leader and how can we become one? Well that brings me to my next point.

What is a good leader?

Lead and inspire people. Don't try to manage and manipulate people. Ross Perot A
leader can inspire people to go and change the world but a bad leader is that who manipulate and change the people into something that the leader sees fit. Manipulating people is not good leadership, Manipulation and management leads to things like arguments, fighting, war, and even genocide. Any leader that leads a group of people this way is not a good leader. A good leader should inspire others to do something great. A leader takes people where they ought to be. In the words of Rosalyn Carter A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go, but ought to be. A Great leader has the capability of changing a third world country into a great nation however they are able to take each daily task and treated as if it was the same. Helen Keller once said I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. That is the job a good leader as well to take the tedious with the mighty and to inspire people to move forward not just with their words but their actions.

So what have I said today I've discussed what leadership is, and how each individual person has a definition of their own, I have showed you what leadership means to me and what my definition is how its being in the foreground when needed and also background. And I believe I have shown what it is and isn't to be a good leader. Lao Tzu said
Go to the people. Live with them. Learn from them. Love them. Start with what they know. Build with what they have. But with the best leaders, when the work is done, the task accomplished, the people will say "We have done this ourselves".

You repeatedly state that a leader is one who pushes people to make decisions, "getting someone to do what they don't want to do..." What you are describing seems like forced will more than free will, to be forced to be free, the idea of the general will. A leader should represent the people he leads, otherwise, he is no more than a hypocrite, a loud cry in the night. If our elected leaders do what they think is right, and what they think is right and what we think is right are two different things, they're not our leader anymore.

Very well, inspire and lead, but do not manipulate. But what about a torn leader. If an entire nation is asking him to go to war, to commit genocide, what does that leader do? Where do a leader's priorities lie, in what he thinks/knows is right, or in what the people think/know is right? A leader must have a group he is leading, I repeat. You never really define leader, and perhaps should note that people may have conflicting views over who or what a leader is. In Hitler and Mussolini, some found a leader. They led, they inspired. Many tyrants, and infamous war-starters, simply did what every leader does: they followed their people's will. Does that make them bad people? Bad leaders? Try and touch upon that.

But overall, very good speech, and the best of luck to you ;)
Posted by thedude346 5 years ago
congrats, liked it myself ;)
Posted by Amethist17 5 years ago
i won 2nd place jnk anyone wanted to kno won $200
Posted by Amethist17 5 years ago
Ty for the comments and for the help :)
Posted by wierdman 5 years ago
i don't think it is a good idea to post this in a social web
Posted by Cerebral_Narcissist 5 years ago
Someone will take this purely to take the piss out of you.
Posted by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
You should put this in the forums, rather then a debate, that way, more people can comment on it for you.
Vote Placed by m93samman 5 years ago