chreis2002
3DCrew

highschool dropouts can succeed as much as graduates

chreis2002

Pro

many students today are struggling from mental problems and family issued at home as finaicial problems, or even peer presure, that have may cause these students to lose their ability to stay in school and urges to find a job to support themselves in their family. But in the long run they have their knowledge that can reach far as they dream to become in life.
3DCrew

Con

For the record, I am in complete agreement with you and wish that I was on the pro side. For the sake of the debate I will accept the con side in order to point out reasons why society makes it difficult.

Your assertion is that "High school dropouts can succeed as much as graduates". The debate hinges on the definition of "succeed". If you mean that a high school dropout can just as easily become a laywer or a doctor then I might have to disagree. If you mean that one can become successful in the eyes of God then I would completely agree.

Please define what "success" is from your perspective.
chreis2002

Pro

yes easily to become a doctor lawyer and etc..because most people don't used the knowledge which they should but using though using their talents such as rapping which the known group today the soja boy which they posted their songs on myspace for fun and later became millionaires or celebrities that have sibling which they can easily be spoil and become something in life without paying out of their own pocket,But things dosn't always happend that way
3DCrew

Con

To become a lawyer or doctor, for example, would be nearly impossible without the proper education. That's not to say that a high school dropout is less intelligent or lacks the ability or potential. These professions are defined by attaining certain levels of education and certification. You simply must go through the effort and expense of higher education in order to obtain that type of "success".

Talent is a different matter. One can take their God given talent and with passion, practice, and a great deal of effort become the best in their "field". Take your rapping talent for example. There are many rappers out there. Only those that have the drive and the dream to push past the average rapper will even have a shot at fame. Do you need a high school education to be in the entertainment business? Perhaps not if your talent far outweighs your lack of education in a field where education is not required. Even though there are a few places where a high school dropout can excel, I wouldn't agree with your assertion that high school dropouts can succeed "as much as graduates".

If you have such a talent, I would encourage you to strive to be the very best in your field. Be original and push beyond the average consistantly. Still, while you're doing that, you need to also focus on education. Soja Boy might be hot now but their fame and fortune will be short lived. There is much more to life that money. Not having an education in this society is like having a handicap. Yes, you can push past it but the effort to do that far outweighs the effort to stay in school and get a good education. This increases your chances of success greatly and doesn't rely on a fluke MySpace hit like Soja Boy experienced. For every Soja Boy out there you will find a million rappers thinking that they are just as good and ought to be able to make it. Obviously that's not the case as only a few with the right talent at the right time and in the right place get "picked" for fame. In short, don't count on it. Staying in school increases your odds of making a good steady living, owning a home, raising children, and getting them educated. Do that and you can call yourself a "success" every time.
chreis2002

Pro

chreis2002 forfeited this round.
3DCrew

Con

Debates are kind of like High School. Always finish what you start. Stick with it and see what you can learn in the process.
Posted by Joel_Asher 9 years ago
Joel_Asher
I think that last comment I made deserves an apology. I should not be trying to down on those out there trying to make something of themselves. I apologize..
Posted by Joel_Asher 9 years ago
Joel_Asher
That is just embarrasing. Blond guy man your mean but as soon as I saw the debate I pretty much thought the same thing...does that make me a bad guy?
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
Although I agree that high school dropouts can be successful sometimes I have to vote for con. Pro did not present a good enough argument.
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
I do agree with you in some instances.
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
chreis20023DCrewTied
Vote Placed by uiop 9 years ago
uiop
chreis20023DCrewTied
Vote Placed by polishgirlinar 9 years ago
polishgirlinar
chreis20023DCrewTied
Vote Placed by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
chreis20023DCrewTied
Vote Placed by bigdog 9 years ago
bigdog
chreis20023DCrewTied
Vote Placed by 3DCrew 9 years ago
3DCrew
chreis20023DCrewTied