moairr
debatedude

hockey vs soccer

moairr
Started: 11/27/2012 Category: Sports

moairr

Pro

hockey is better!
1. we are non stop. rarely in a game of hockey do we even stop for "out of bounds". we do not have the option of running out to get a breather.
2. we skate at about 35 mph. go at that speed makes hockey the fastest sport on earth without a car. this is also for about a 2 min. shift. at that speed makes it very hard. also with the possiblilty to get hit makes it even more fun. getting to lay people out with all force and making the crowd scream!
3. scoreing. we shoot a little puck at a little net with a big goalie in the way! for us to score is way more amazing then shotting a big ball in a big net with a little goalie. There for it makes hockey a harder sport and pushs players even more to shoot the puck.
heres just 3 main points
debatedude

Con

your litterally a moron, none of your points has evidence as to why its better than soccer. You mentioned it harder. you said you dont get a breather. why would you want a breather?
moairr

Pro

Collin your stupid. I'm saying in hockey you don't get a breather but in soccer you do. there for forcing the game to come to a stop and not allowing the game to go forward. you didn't even debate a signal point in this debate there for giving up the round to me and letting me win!
debatedude

Con

logical fallacy
moairr

Pro

collin you are stupid! he has gave up there for vote for me! hockey is so much better
Posted by LexiNovak 4 years ago
LexiNovak
Just because you stop for 'out of bounce' doesn't mean that you really stop the game. You are still constantly running and don't get many subs in soccer and in hockey they are like 30 second shifts.
Posted by mattmatt 4 years ago
mattmatt
As a fan of both sports you are both terrible at debating. First off There are no breaks in Soccer they dont even stop the clock, or even stop during a game for a commercial break. Hockey is faster but soccer players are more in shape . Hockey players are more tougher but soccer players are better at agility. Also not all soccer players are wimps , including me but hockey players do have better respect for their opponents. Also point both sports are similar in strategy wise.
Posted by Katy.O 4 years ago
Katy.O
Logos: This is a very difficult debate because the phrase "better than" is a matter of opinion so in most cases a fan or player of hockey will pick hockey and fan or player of soccer will pick soccer.
Posted by LeilaAshley 4 years ago
LeilaAshley
I play hockey myself, but personally I vote for Pro, but if I have not played, Pro had more persuasive and true debates.
Posted by TheHoneyBadger 4 years ago
TheHoneyBadger
Let's best honest, this debate is crap. The sports are vastly different. They aren't even played on the same surface. With that said, I like hockey better.
Posted by korbin_w 4 years ago
korbin_w
Soccer is by far the better sport. High school and college soccer players tend to have higher GPA's than players in other sports. This shows it's not played by idiots. Secondly, soccer is a game based on finesse. Running full speed while dribbling a soccer ball is the same as using the blades of your skates to control the movement of the puck. Thirdly, a soccer ball can be kicked about 45 km/h, and most experience players are advanced enough to kick with the inside and outside of their dominant foot. The difference between the inside and outside of the foot in the way the ball will spin which effects the curve. Now combine the speed of the ball with the amount of curve you desire and a distance from the goal of about 25 yards. What you get is an incredibly difficult shot that has no equivalence in hockey because nothing compares. Fourthly, an average soccer player runs about 8 miles in a game. It's pretty impressive that you can skate 35 mph but you are on a near frictionless surface which requires you to exert minimal energy to move. Lastly, Soccer is the most played sport in the world. While hockey has the stanley cup and football has the superbowl, soccer has the World cup. Where unlike the other two sports, it involves multiple countries from around the world. So it's not really even a compitition as to what is the better sport, is it?
Posted by moairr 4 years ago
moairr
ok crendell, you can think what you want to think, but this debate was which one < hockey or soccer> was better. we weren't debating which sport was the greatest. if you want to debate that, bring it
Posted by crundell 4 years ago
crundell
You both are morons....Volleyball is by far the best sport ever!
Vote Placed by baseballkid 4 years ago
baseballkid
moairrdebatedudeTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate hurts my soul and make me stab myself but at least pro made an attempt at arguments.
Vote Placed by utahjoker 4 years ago
utahjoker
moairrdebatedudeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's points weren't any good, but he gave points.