linaguemar
MassiveDump

home schooling better than public schools?

MassiveDump

linaguemar

Pro

As I am for home schooling i would like to feed you with some facts about homeschooling HS :

Imagine this :

You beleive in a religion but this religion stops you from eationg certain foods such as: Pork, chicken etc... But when you homeschool its totally different because you can choose what you eat!

However :

When you go to a public school you wont have any freinds to comunicate to and you could quite possibly feel stressed out and deppresed ( only if your having a lonely and misserible life) .

But :

Its not all about eating and having freinds is it now matey?

My turn is over up to you now isnt it?
MassiveDump

Con

I thank my opponent for offering me this challenge and wish her best of luck.

Let's Begin:

I find myself in a random building. Suddenly I feel oppressed, degraded, and controlled.

I must be in a public school.

And I wouldn't give it up for any other school in the world.

I will be arguing that public schools are better than home schooling programs.

1. Rebuttal

My opponent stated that when you're home schooled, you have more freedom of food choice to comply with your religion. However, we see that numerous meat substitutes are provided for those who are not allowed to (or simply don't want to) eat meat [http://www.fns.usda.gov...].

2. Extracurricular Activities

Home schooling misses one crucial element in education that many people might over look because it's not a part of the curriculum. Extracurricular activities. Activities sponsored by schools do more than give students something to do, they also boost a student's GPA [http://kon.org...] and furthermore increase a student's chance of being successful.

3. Preparation For Reality

Public schools provide advantages within school hours as well. Take a look:

"Even though public school classrooms do not have the same calm and peaceful atmosphere that a home school has, supporters of public schools believe that the disarray of the classrooms is actually helpful to children in succeeding in the future. Because reality is, the real world is not as calm and peaceful as we would like it to be. They believe that children who are living a very sheltered and protected life are likely the ones who will have difficulty adjusting to the real world after school. They also believe that it is essential that children learn how to interact and to work with one another for them to be able to build real, dynamic skills that are necessary in the real world. Public school supporters strongly believe that the goal of a public education is not just about furthering one’s academics. They say the mission of a public school is to teach children the skills and be able to use and apply them through meaningful, needed interactions with their peers and also their teachers."

[http://www.publicschools.org...]

Here's what we see from this:

- Public schools prepare students for the chaos of the real world.
- Public schools provide street smarts along with book smarts to enhance one's ability to be successful.

These are experiences one cannot receive when being home schooled.

Conclusion:

Because public schools provide alternative meat options for lunch, my opponent has provided no significant reason why home schooling is better.

Furthermore, public schools provide significant social advantages through extracurricular activities and a realistic class setting.

The resolution has been negated; Vote Con.
linaguemar

Pro

Very well done..

Remember :
I am for homeschooling

Let us begin :

So your saying :

'Public schools have a better atmosphere'
I would like to ask you one question about that lovely comment you have made please.. You have not told me yet how it is a better atmosphere yet mr..

If you home school it creates a wonderful environment for you and your child. HS makes learning fun.
For example: your at school and the subject your teacher is explaining with the class (and you) is Maths and say your worst subject is Maths, and your doing the same thing all day: Bar Charts .
But when you home school you/your parents can make Maths into a game which automatically makes Maths now you favourite subject.

Vote Pro and I promise I will give you a cheese burger!
MassiveDump

Con

1. Rebuttal

I countered my opponent's argument on dietary freedoms in public school by saying that meat alternatives are offered. My opponent no longer disagrees with this, therefore her initial argument no longer carries any validity.

My opponent went on to quote me on 'public schools have a better atmosphere', the epitome of paraphrasing; you'll find that that was not the intent of my original statement.

Her last argument stated that home schooling provides a better learning experience because it makes learning fun as opposed to public school, where you do bar charts all day. I find that I have not done a bar chart in two years, and certainly have never had to do one all day.

Furthermore, my opponent provided no proof that learning in public schools do not make learning fun, because fun is nothing more than a matter of perspective.

2. Extracurricular Activities

My opponent expresses no disagreement with the fact that extracurricular activities provided at public schools boost GPA. If she does not disagree, she agrees, and therefore agrees that public schooling is better, so there's really no debate here. Con is correct.

3. Preparation for Reality

I think this is what my opponent wanted to counter when she repeated the quote that I never made. But once again, there's no disagreement from my opponent that public schools do a better job at preparing students for reality, and enhancing students' social abilities. Therefore, there's no disagreement that I am correct in saying public schools are better.

What we have seen is a near complete agreement between my opponent and I that public schooling is the better option.

So vote Con.

I would love a cheeseburger, but I'm trying to get in shape so.
linaguemar

Pro

*Note. I would like to say that this debate is the first one I have ever done..

first of all when you made this remark: 'you do bar charts all day' I didn't say it for only you yes, you have not learnt about bar charts in two years, nevertheless most people in all probability have.
MassiveDump

Con

*Welcome to Debate.org. When starting your first debate, be sure to check one's win ratio before challenging them. I do appreciate that my opponent has not forfeited. Thank you for that :D

Now unfortunately, I have to get back to business:

1. Rebuttal

Extend my meat argument.

Until my opponent proves that the majority of students do bar charts all day, that argument carries no weight, and since burden of proof is not on me, we should all still assume that public school makes learning just as fun as home schooling.

Arguments 2 & 3

Extend all the arguments! :D

Conclusion:

Once again, not only has the resolution on home schooling being better because of food choice and fun been negated, but the extra advantages to public schooling still remain.

Thus, the resolution is false.
linaguemar

Pro

okay you win
MassiveDump

Con

Great first debate to pro and I hope she does well on her next one :D
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
I she concedes so, then yes.
Posted by bossyburrito 3 years ago
bossyburrito
So public school is better because it's worse and more chaotic?
Posted by linaguemar 3 years ago
linaguemar
vote meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ( Pro)
Posted by linaguemar 3 years ago
linaguemar
im rubbish :(
Posted by staraa 3 years ago
staraa
no the public schooling is far more better than home schooling . as in home schooling there is only study but in public schools there is over all personality development which led to a happier and successful life in future and forever...
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
for pro*
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
Until that's argued by Pro, using that premise to vote con will be vote-bombing. But thank you for the info.
Posted by ms.attitude 3 years ago
ms.attitude
the contender is wrong in round one when he said homeschooling dose not have extra curricular activites for there are tons of homschooling programs that do indeed have extra curricular classes for you to add to your schooling to help you get credit
Vote Placed by Anon_Y_Mous 3 years ago
Anon_Y_Mous
linaguemarMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Due to an error (or just extreme short-sightedness) in the schools system, I'm currently taking my third consecutive year of biology. And word is they plan to bump it up a grade next year, too. So some people will be going to the same class again next year. Biology is by far my least favorite area of science. Despite this terrible situation, I couldn't imagine being home schooled. I'd probably have to quit band, too. At this point in time that is simply not an option. Spelling and grammar goes to Con, because his spelling and grammar was better. Same story for sources. I feel Pro's arguments were almost all invalid. I have a vegan friend and a Jewish friend. Neither are suffering from malnutrition. I personally went almost two years essentially without friends to communicate at. I'm not stressed at all. . . Wait. I forgot to do my six page essay on bar charts. OH NO I'M DOOMED!!!
Vote Placed by Walrus101 3 years ago
Walrus101
linaguemarMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: You were out of your league on this one. Con had a full advantage in the end, making it impossible for me to give any points to pro.
Vote Placed by Napoleon_Dynamite_915 3 years ago
Napoleon_Dynamite_915
linaguemarMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
linaguemarMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: S&G to Con for what should be obvious reasons. Arguments to Con for making coherent and valid ones, which Pro never rebutted. Conduct to Pro to throw him a bone; he conceded, and he didn't forfeit. Sources to Con because, as someone arguing for home schooling, and presumably home schooled, the very poor sentence structure and S&G sort of belie his position before he ever makes arguments.
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
linaguemarMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.
Vote Placed by xXCryptoXx 3 years ago
xXCryptoXx
linaguemarMassiveDumpTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded in the final round.