homeschooling should be banned

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Hello today we have four rounds.

1. Acceptance, Definitions, Rules, Status Quo
2. Arguments
3. Rebuttal
4. Conclusion

1. No forfeiting or 7-point goes to the opposition
2. If not follow rules lose the debate
3. No trolling/ flaking
4. Have to follow structure.
5. No comments in voting
6. At least the ELO of 4000 to vote, or counted as vote bombs. It is everyone until

7. People have 0 loses can't vote on this debate.
8. Pro has to say homeschooling should be banned.

1. Homeschool: to teach your children at home instead of sending them to a school

2. Ban: to say that something cannot be used or done

Status Quo

1. Homeschooling or homeschool is the education of children at home, typically by parents or by tutors, rather than in other formal settings of public or private school. Altough prior to the introduction of compulsory school attendance laws, most childhood education occured within the family or community, homeschooling in the modern sense is a alternative in developed countries to attending public or private schools. Homeschooling is a legal options, allowing them to provide their children with a learning environment as an alternative to public or private schools in the indivisual's home.

Debate Eduation SNT

I accept. I hope you don't mind debating against a total newbie to the site, but I can promise you that you that I will put a decent amount of efforts into my posts.

Thanks for Pro to accept. First I will go on my contentions. There will be a lot of contentions, so Pro has to rebut all of them.

1. Home schooling involves good community involvement and social interaction.

Homeschooling families do not operate in isolation. There are extensive support networks (particularly in the USA the nation with the largest proportion of the population homeschooling) that exist to provide companionship, promote sports events and social functions. In addition, standard social provisions for children in civic society – scout movements, sports club – are open to homeschoolers. Homeschooling is not a removal from society but just from state schools.1 Homeschooled children often engage with their local community to a greater extent than their schooled peers.

2 We spend less time homeschooling each day than we used to spend driving. With four kids in four locations last year (including a newborn at home), school drop-off and pick-up took four hours, on a good day. We’d get home at about 4:30 and still have homework, music practice, sports, chores, dinner and bath to fit into the 4 hours before bed. Now we spend about four hours per day homeschooling, instead of four hours in the car.

3 We can’t afford private education. Even on a doctor’s salary, private education has become unaffordable, especially for larger families. Which choice would you make: save for college, save for retirement, or pay private school tuition? Few families can afford for all three, and most can only afford one. As educational debts loom larger for each successive generation, this financial crunch will only get worse.

4 Our kids are excelling academically as homeschoolers. Homeschooling allows us to enrich our children’s strengths and supplement their weaknesses. The kids’ education moves as fast or as slow as required for that particular subject area. They are not pigeon-holed and tracked as gifted, average, or special needs.

5 Homeschooling is not hard, and it’s fun! We bought a “box curriculum” from a major homeschool vendor, and all the books and the day-by-day curriculum checklist came in the mail. We have a lot of fun supplementing material through YouTube and online educational sites like Dreambox, Khan Academy, and others. Our kids do about half of their math online.

6 Use whatever public school services you like. Need speech therapy, the gifted program, or remedial academics? Homeschooled kids are still eligible for all these services. Some homeschoolers come into public school daily for “specials” like art, music, PE, or the school play. Your kids can even join high school sports teams once they are old enough. Our kids are still in sports and scouts sponsored by their old schools.

7 The Opposition seems to be contradicting itself here - in an earlier rebuttal, they mentioned that the average American public high school class size is at 23 or 24 (not much higher than the OECD average, which is between 21 and 23)[[]] - these numbers do not indicate the 'huge classes of unmotivated students' implied that are causing a 'crisis of faith' in public schooling. In addition, there is more and more evidence that says that class size has little to do with performance in schools; countries like Japan and Korea have some of the world's highest achieving student bodies, yet they also have the biggest class sizes. This goes to show that classrooms teach students skills that they will not be able to pick up while learning on their own - discussion, collaboration, debate, and interactive learning.

The 'concentrated attention of an adult who understands them' is a moot point in this debate. We are not shutting the child in school without access to his/her parents - parents will still encourage the child, motivate the child, recognize strengths and weaknesses, help with work, and even introduce college level literature if they think their child is capable of it. We just do not consider this a replacement for school, with its ethnic and socioeconomic diversity as well as taught life skills. Parents nurture children, but school is an altogether different educational experience that no child should miss out on.

8. Kids might be good at some subjects an do not like music. At those times, when you homeschool, you can keep doing the thing you enjoy, however if you put them to school, then there is a exact schedule so they have to do what it says.

9. Parents should have their right to decide how they raise there children. They should decide for the child because they had the child.

10. School environment is not neccesarily the best environment for learning. There is a lack of attention for each indivdual student, education is not tailored to each students need's, amy also learn innapropritate behavior, and the educational experience itself may not be as enriching as learning outside the school with parents or with the help of special guides

11. Some student are not able to learn in school due to there personal reasons. Some have medical problems, others have socilization problems, Hoeschooling provides all that environment where parents and specialized teachers can tailor to such needs or problems.

12. Most Parents who want to homeschool their children do believe that can and in many cases do well and particpate better like school.

13. Many students actually learn more through Homeschooling as they experiment and experience in a lot of things that school fails to provide. For example, students may go on field trips when and where they want to and instead of reading a book of history they can go actually see the museum and how the history began. Such education may be more enriching.

There is no need to ban Homeschooling. All that the government needs to provie various social programs that would enable them to Homeschool in a better an dmore proffesional way. Then we could make Homeschool Better.

Homeschooling State By State

s://; alt="Scaldfjh-medium" width="288" height="399" />

1. Understanding Debate Education SNT

leefa forfeited this round.

My opponent forfeited this round.

Therefore Pro HAS to LOSE because my first rule in round one says...

1. No forfeiting or 7-point goes to the opposition. This means that even if he gives great arguments, he loses 7 points unless I forfeit too. Therefore, Because my opponent has not made his arguments I cannot make any arguments

I hope too see my opponent in the next round.

leefa forfeited this round.

My opponent has not even supported his side. This means that he got convinced so I think that homeschooling should not be banned.

Vote for Con!

leefa forfeited this round.
Posted by YourMomoness 11 months ago
-Strike that, I dont agree, this is school, it's better than public school and and you are allowed to be taught in accordance with your faith so that Christians like myself are not taught all of that "millions of billions of years ago we where all monkeys." nonsense, we are taught the way we should be.
Posted by YourMomoness 11 months ago
I am a homeschooler and i completely agree with all of your points but... You could have been a bit more gracious to your opponent. And i think it would be more fair if you let at least a few more people vote.
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
There are around 6 people with an elo that high last time I checked and votes are hard to get already so good luck
Posted by debate-master1 1 year ago
yeah i am just trying to do it with better people
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Aren't there only a few people who have more than 4000 elo
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Hayd 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited...