zacheryT
LJ81

homework in school

zacheryT

Con

i think there shouldn't be homework in schools because you won't be able to spend time with family or hang out with friends yes homework is educational,but it can put alot of strain on your brain
LJ81

Pro

I believe that hard work reaps the best rewards, and instilling children with a strong work ethic early in life will help them later on. It's about finding balance and managing one's time... two of life's most important lessons.
Posted by SwagWaffle 1 year ago
SwagWaffle
Agreed. Have a great night. Hopefully we may debate again someday
Posted by LJ81 1 year ago
LJ81
No worries my friend. I love good, healthy, mature debate and discussion.

I agree with you about moderation. Everything in moderation, including homework. What's the old saying... "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". I'd hate to live in Japan. I love living in the U.S. The problems we have with our education system is mostly the fault of politicians, which is sad. The teachers are great and the students are willing, it's resources and how they're allocated that's the problem.

Anyhow, take care and it was a pleasure discussing this with you. An alternate point of view is always much appreciated.
Posted by SwagWaffle 1 year ago
SwagWaffle
Oh and I posted the one with poverty rate before I realised you responded, so I kinda looked dumb making a losing point lol.
Posted by SwagWaffle 1 year ago
SwagWaffle
I see. So I guess we should focus on homework only. As I'm not trying to debate here, only discuss the topic, you have changed my point of view. This is what I love about debates. Anyways, doing more research I've found for most students, too much homework is bad, as it limits sleep and makes an unbalanced life. Homework in moderation, like an hour of it can help responsibility and life skills. Finland integrated the system pretty well, so I guess it worked maybe only for them. So thank you for discussing with me :P
Posted by LJ81 1 year ago
LJ81
Again, you're trying to make a connection where there is none. You can have a room full of people with doctorates and if the only jobs available are factory and janitorial jobs, then you're going to have a bunch of highly educated people working low wage jobs.
Posted by SwagWaffle 1 year ago
SwagWaffle
Finland: 2nd lowest poverty rate in the world. Japan has 16 percent relative poverty rate. Nice education system.
Posted by LJ81 1 year ago
LJ81
Education levels have nothing to do with available jobs. A factory worker that earns minimum wage can be highly educated. You know who makes a a decent wage? Garbage men and truck drivers. Two jobs that require little to no education.

The debate is whether or not students should be given homework. I argue that it should as it teaches valuable time management skills while reinforcing the current lessons being taught.

Try being less smug and more right with your next comment.
Posted by SwagWaffle 1 year ago
SwagWaffle
Lol this mini debate. Take notes con
Posted by SwagWaffle 1 year ago
SwagWaffle
Apa.org math test scores 2005: Finland number 1, Japan number 4.
Posted by SwagWaffle 1 year ago
SwagWaffle
However, Japan's teaching doesn't translate into success. "Today one-third of Japanese workers are irregularly employed, including 70 percent of all female workers and half of all workers between 15 and 24. A full 77 percent of the irregularly employed earn wages less than poverty level, and so are working poor." (Theantlantic.com) Nice example of superior education. Just because you lead in testing doesn't mean the education is great.