Bjabs
MauriMartinez

homosexual marriage

Bjabs

Pro

Homosexuality is ok
MauriMartinez

Con

Hi!! , I am gay myself, and of course I think that is completely natural, at least for me. I am in favor of gay unions, but I am against gay marriage. Why? . Because one simple reason, the word "marriage" has a religious connotation. I think that the right think to do is to abolish marriage ( all kind of marriage) , and gave civil unions for all the citizens, it would be the same think as marriage, but it would not have a religion connotation.
Bjabs

Pro

Ok I still would like to practice so here is my argument. The deceleration of independence says all men were created equal. Gay men and women are people right. Does it say all men except gay people it also says with life liberty and pursuit of happiness. When people marry they are happy. If we cannot marry then it is unconstitutional as we can not pursue happiness. Now a lot of people bring up the Bible (I am a Christian) and it says homosexuals cannot enter heaven. But that was apart of ancient israils holy laws. Holy means set apart for. Some other laws were certain meat cannot be eaten and no clothes with diffreny fabric. But those laws have been uplifted and the Bible was written more than 2000years ago in ancient Greek the word dosent translate over so the Catholic church added it in. And some argue that it is just weird and unnatural. Actually homosexual is a physical and mental attraction so if God made us who we are then he made us gay. Just like being straight is a mental and physical attraction. So if straight should marry why cant homosexuals
MauriMartinez

Con

Okok , so lets talk of the Bible. If you are telling me that what the bible says about homosexuality should not be taken in consideration for christians, then, Is the bible really relevant for you? , so, the bible would not matter for you?. How can you prove that homosexuality is natural? , what if it is not? , maybe its something psycological and we can really be cure by treatment. The catholic church, as well as many other religions would never accept gay marriage, why? , because it is in the bible, if they forget that part of the Bible, then, the Bible itsel would not be relevant. There is no scientific prove that says that homosexuals are born that way! , so, maybe we will be happier if we get treatment. In therms of healty measures, gay people also have a greater rate of deaths.
Bjabs

Pro

Bjabs forfeited this round.
MauriMartinez

Con

MauriMartinez forfeited this round.
Posted by xXCryptoXx 3 years ago
xXCryptoXx
Pro, regarding your Christianity and believing that homosexual marriage was apart of a set of ancient laws that no longer apply today, you are wrong. Well maybe not about the ancient laws, but you are wrong about it not applying today. There is a book in the bible (can't remember which) where God directly sends people to hell and punishes them for practicing gay sex.

However, to clarify; homosexuality isn't wrong, the act of homosexual sex is wrong according to the Bible.
Also remember, religion comes first in life over your personal social beliefs.