tate_c
J.Matlock

homosexual relationships

tate_c

Pro

I believe that you should be able to love whoever you please. i don't think there is a 'wrong or right' when it comes to love. I understand that some people use the bible as a defense against gay marriage, and i believe they are referring to the quote, "a man shall not lie with another man" and if you do believe that then let them go to hell.-"but i want to help them!" "no you don't, you want to force your own western beliefs on someone else.". It's always boggled my mind why people would even care about gay marriage because WHO CARES. They are not harming you in anyway by dating someone of the same sex! Does it give you nightmares that two girls are kissing?"eww"-get over it. If for some reason you just cannot operate knowing that these men are holding hands then i think you need some serious mental help because your priorities seem to be out of whack. They can do whatever they want and so can you, so why would want to spend your time with your panties in a knot over SOMEONE ELES CHOICE!?
J.Matlock

Con

Alright so I will start out with a disclaimer. I am in no way against homosexual relationships in my own personal belief, so I am simply playing Devil's Advocate in this debate.

What my Arguments will hold?

I will argue on a biological standpoint with traces of morality for those of a more religious stance on life. What I mean by a biological standpoint is that two of the same sex eloping goes against surviving the species, and in turn, creates a taboo on those of gay relations. This is the reasoning for why in the Bible, and other religious texts, that eloping two of the same sex is prohibited for it has NO evolutionary gain.

Moral Reasoning
Humanity has this urge to survive, of course. So, when they see two of the same sex showing extreme love it causes a distaste and an urge to stop it for survival reasons. Morality comes from drives and survival instincts. It is for this same reason why bi-sexuality was consider a norm in many cultures of the past and of now. Someone who is bi-sexual still contributes to the surviving of the species so, for example, in Rome there was no punishment for these homosexual acts. But, if one during this time was only homosexual then they were considered taboo same to those who were strongly heterosexual. The natural tendency of humanity is a mix of both.

You are questioning why people get so mad about this; well the reasons are clear. It is taboo. Something that is taboo will be frowned upon and the reason it is taboo can be put in simple terms. It is truly, on a biological level, not right to straight homosexual (oxymoron there). The reason is clear that it causes an imbalance and problem with the survival and evolution of our species. Now, on a personal note; The advancement of our species has made it where homosexuality is now more open due to a lesser need for every person to produce offspring for survival. This would answer the apparent "increase" of homosexuality.
tate_c

Pro

tate_c forfeited this round.
J.Matlock

Con

Well I will take this that my opponent used this as a locale for a rant and not a well thought out debate between two. And take this, I will, as a concession.
tate_c

Pro

tate_c forfeited this round.
J.Matlock

Con

J.Matlock forfeited this round.
Posted by J.Matlock 2 years ago
J.Matlock
@MyDinosaurHands Can you please elaborate moral gymnastics in your terms? That will be greatly appreciated. :)
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
Interesting moral gymnastics routine Con has going here.
Posted by J.Matlock 2 years ago
J.Matlock
@Mr.Lee Yeah I saw this and instantly thought it was just some rant she wanted to post on the site, so I decided to confront by accepting the debate.

@Comrade_Silly_Otter You are literally making an argument with reasons that I stated. I am not arguing that homosexual urges (this is what was accepted, not excepted, during ancient times) but that pure homosexuality (no urge to reproduce and survive the lineage) is not a natural thing of evolution or biology, in general. I state that it does not appear in just humans but those animals go on to reproduce with females of their species. Also, any animal or human with no urge to reproduce (whether homosexual or just no urge to fornicate) is not a natural nor beneficial behavior. If an animal or human has no urge for this then it has something to do with the genetic makeup being varied compared to the standard genome.
Posted by Comrade_Silly_Otter 2 years ago
Comrade_Silly_Otter
I just have to say for the case of the " Natural " hate of homosexuality because it reduces our species chance of survival is somewhat... Bleh..

Homosexuality was quite an excepted thing in ancient times, for example Greece.
Not to mention Homosexuality doesn't only appear in humans.
Posted by Mr.Lee 2 years ago
Mr.Lee
I don't think Pro will win, strictly because of conduct, grammar, and sources. Yes, she referred to the Bible, but did not reference book, chapter, or verse. But, if she is going to bring up the Bible, Romans 1:26-28. That passage talks about homosexuality.
Posted by J.Matlock 2 years ago
J.Matlock
@missmedic I would agree that homosexual urges to occur, and that is why in many societies it is natural to have these homosexual urges and act on them. What these societies would find uncommon would be pure homosexuality and no want to reproduce and survive.
Posted by VelCrow 2 years ago
VelCrow
@tate_c nightmares when two girls kiss? more like wet dreams XD
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
all empirical observation suggests that the purpose of any species is its own survival, reproduction and wellbeing. Homophobia harms the collective, there for it is unnatural. Homosexuality occurs through out nature, that would make the occurrence natural.
Posted by J.Matlock 2 years ago
J.Matlock
Wow my text was a block; sorry about that. And I do concur on the fact let be what doesn't affect you personally. I am just playing Devil's Advocate as a way to get this debate going.
Posted by J.Matlock 2 years ago
J.Matlock
I concur on some points, but if you notice I touch on the fact that in ecology it is witnessed that animals display homosexual drives but in the end produce offspring; I made the analogy of Roman times. My argument is not that we have homosexual drives and that it goes against biology to have them, instead it is that pure homosexuality is against biology. Religion derives from Society and Society derives from true reasons based on biology and ecology. Our adaptations and environment; same with Racism. If you look at another user bsh1 he has a debate that is about Racism being a natural thing of differentiation. There has always been social casting, whether its based on economy (if an economy is prevalent or a major focus) or biological. If we didn't separate ourselves on race we would have simply chosen another way (i.e. Height, facial structure, or body built) Race was always used as a differentiation because of its standing out. The first of thoughts about a person when you come in contact is a note of the color of the skin (Race). Now, you could be commenting on ethnicity which is a socially derived thing, and the basis of most racist slander. Race is derived from skin color. Ethnicity is derived from location and group recognition. I can't think of the sociologist's name, but he did a lot of the research and writing on Race vs Ethnicity and its distinctions. If I find it, I'll make another comment about it. And when you state "society" I am guessing you mean post-modern cultures (North America and Western Europe), because many societies view pure homosexuality as uncommon but do not belittle these people. Just like hermaphrodites in some Asian tribes. They are viewed uncommon but revered by the people.