NotLebronJames
julianhtc

homosexuality is a choice

NotLebronJames

Pro

You have the choice to be gay or not
julianhtc

Con

Your sexual orientation is not a choice. People are born straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, etc. That's just how it is. Ask yourself this question: Was there ever a moment in your life where you had to choose (or simply decided to choose) what sexual orientation you would have? Did you ever say: "Hmm, I think I will be ___" (I don't want to simply assume you're straight without any strong grounds). No, right? The same thing happens with gay people; they never said: From now on, I will be gay.
Also try this: if you say being gay is a choice, try to "make" that choice right now. Try to change your sexual orientation right now. Try to get aroused (this might sound weird, I know) not by what you like (the gender you like), but by you have never liked; so if you are straight, try to get aroused by the opposite sex. You can't do it, right? And I know there's more to sexual orientation than simply getting aroused by the physical aspects of someone, but it is just an example.

Think about this: why would somebody choose to be gay? Being gay in today's world can lead to death in many places. People get disowned by their families, they are hated by many, they are rejected by their friends and many others too. Finding love is a lot harder because the number of gay people is smaller than the number of straight people, so finding a partner you like is way harder. Why would somebody choose to live such a life? Why would somebody choose to make their lives so hard, so difficult, filled with all these negative things? I'm not trying to say being gay means living a miserable life, but these are things that do happen.
So why would somebody choose this?
NotLebronJames

Pro

First off, this ain't the 1960's. People don't get killed or even "disowned" by their parents because of their sexuality. Gay people are more accepted into today's society than ever before. Yes, I am straight, but I can't just get aroused by someone of the same sexuality. That's not how it goes. It's from your surroundings from once you are little to as you grow up that make you gay. That's why people come out as gay later in their life rather than saying they are gay right away.
julianhtc

Con

julianhtc forfeited this round.
NotLebronJames

Pro

NotLebronJames forfeited this round.
julianhtc

Con

julianhtc forfeited this round.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
Do you agree that you have the choice to be straight or not?