zezima
TN05

homosexuals should be moved to Mars

TN05

zezima

Pro

they ruin this planet with their evil and discusting ways. they can not reproduce therefore they are not human.
TN05

Con

My opponent's hypothesis is interesting - move all homosexuals to Mars. He notes that "they ruin this planet with their evil and discusting ways. they can not reproduce therefore they are not human". Unfortunately, this fails to explain why Mars is the best destination. Mars is named after the Roman God of War - homosexuals have not warred against straight people! Why not move them to Venus instead? Venus is named after the Roman God of Love and Beauty. That is clearly a more appropriate planet to send homosexuals to, because everyone knows all homosexuals fit the 'flaming feminine gay' stereotype.
zezima

Pro

gays and most lesbians are not beautiful. they should be moved to mars because there is no air
TN05

Con

Ah, but most gays and lesbians are interested in beauty, right? Aside from this, no planet in this Solar System aside from Earth has air - I assumed you would be nice and build them houses on Mars, but it appears you are a cruel, evil, and sadistic person who believes that we should let them all suffocate to death. To that, I say a firm and resounding 'No'.

Instead, we must build them a colony on Venus. Venus is the perfect location for such a colony - living in its unique environment would enrich our knowledge of the universe, helping humanity discover the unknown. Venus is far more appealing for a colony than Mars in that regard - we should send all of North Korea to Mars instead. This would solve the Korean crisis by giving Kim Jung-un his own planet to play with, and the resources available on Mars are far better than those in North Korea.
zezima

Pro

ok so you dont want to send homosexuals to mars. but at least we can agree that they should kick them off the face of the earth, and for that i thank you.
TN05

Con

I assume by 'kick off the face of the earth' you mean 'voluntarily move', no? Wait, you don't? Well then, good sir, the answer would be a resounding "No!"

Homosexuals deserve the right to move wherever they want. A colony on Venus is a gift to them, an opportunity to claim an entire planet for themselves. In the process, humanity's understanding of the universe would be increased. While many homosexuals will balk at this concept, I expect a few brave homosexuals will accept this daunting challenge - not for the good of homosexuality, but the good of mankind. Homosexuals have the right to live here, but why not start a country (let's call it 'Gayland') on Venus where their actions are socially acceptable by all (because the population would be entirely gay, or the adopted offspring of the gay)?
zezima

Pro

with the fact you cant grow food there and it will be next to impossible to get it there without them starving, then yes i agree they should start their own country that wont last longer then a year.

also they cant reproduce so...
TN05

Con

Science has produced many miracles before. I expect such a mission to only be launched when scientists are confident that food can be grown.

While homosexuals cannot reproduce, artificial insemination could be a viable alternative, provided there are both gays and lesbians on the Venus colony.
zezima

Pro

lets just hope that doesn't turn out...
TN05

Con

I'm not a fan of artificial insemination, but its their choice.

Vote Con because I'm not wishing death on millions of people, but rather a legitimate scientific endeavor!
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
don't feed the trolls
Posted by TN05 3 years ago
TN05
Lexicaholic - I hoped my remarks were insane enough to be relatively obvious (I obviously don't support moving homosexuals to Venus and North Korea to Mars), but I don't think I got that across clear enough. My bad on that. I hope my opponent is trolling, but that is not likely - he reflects very, very poorly on my side of the political aisle. :(
Posted by Lexicaholic 3 years ago
Lexicaholic
Oh, thank goodness. Knowing that, TN05, I will give you the better argument vote as well.

My faith in humanity was lost long ago, but at least this isn't an instance of reaffirmation.
Posted by TN05 3 years ago
TN05
Lexicaholic - Of course I'm not serious here; I used this as a troll debate.
Posted by Lexicaholic 3 years ago
Lexicaholic
This is the most messed up debate ever.

On the one hand, Pro wants to send homosexual people to Mars - which we at least think we can colonize - but he wants to send them there to *die.*

Con argues that we should send them to Venus to *live*- for the few seconds *anything* could survive the incredible pressure and immense heat of completely inhospitable Venus. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

This is a failure on moral, ethical, scientific, and, frankly, every logical ground conceivable.

I feel trolled. I'll give the debate to Con, if only because his heart was in the right place.
Posted by LiberalActivist 3 years ago
LiberalActivist
"they cannot reproduce therefore they are not human." Bull****! I assume that judging by that idea all infertile men and women should also be eradicated? All I see here is a EXTREMELY badly executed, thinly veiled attempt at hiding prejudice against homosexuals, and don't even try to claim its gods will because
A. We no longer live in the 16th century
B. God really just wants you to treat people equally, fairly and nicely if you ask me
C. RELIGION IS BULL****

Also how is homosexuality evil? (if answer is god please refer to above rant)
*keep in mind homosexual marriages have a higher success rate than heterosexual

Lastly, how is it any more disgusting than the straight men who have sex with straight women? Sure you may claim it because of anal intercourse but just as many straight men engage in it. Plus both homosexual and heterosexual intercourse is about passion (mostly) and by that principle homosexual intercourse is even more passionate without reproduction. Also, when you contemplate it, both types are equally disgusting.

Sincerely,
Those in society who will leave you and your bigotry and prejudice behind us.
Posted by StevenDixon 3 years ago
StevenDixon
Hanky, prove they don't deserve to die.
Posted by Hanky18 3 years ago
Hanky18
If a women can't have a child because of a health reason, does that mean she's not human?
Ellen degeneres is a homosexual- she's beautiful.
Neil patrick harris from how I met your mother is a homosexual - He's hot.
Anderson cooper is a homosexual - He's attractive.
Mark Feehily is a homosexual - He's hot.

They do not deserve to die or be kicked off or sent anywhere they don't want to go, nor does anyone regardless of their sexual orientation.

Your argument is completely invalid.
Posted by Nyx999 3 years ago
Nyx999
ikr, I didn't know a person could be so moronic... (I'm talking about Zezima.) :)
Posted by Babeslayer 3 years ago
Babeslayer
wtf
Vote Placed by Lexicaholic 3 years ago
Lexicaholic
zezimaTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: See my comment, below.
Vote Placed by Ameliamk1 3 years ago
Ameliamk1
zezimaTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Im sure zezima was trolling, but it still rubbed me the wrong way.
Vote Placed by Legitdebater 3 years ago
Legitdebater
zezimaTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments to Con for actually making them. S&g to Con since Pro had capitalization errors.
Vote Placed by wolfman4711 3 years ago
wolfman4711
zezimaTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Well.... That was interesting.... And doubting Dave he's probably just a baptist, also nyx what?
Vote Placed by YYW 3 years ago
YYW
zezimaTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: *vomits*
Vote Placed by DoubtingDave 3 years ago
DoubtingDave
zezimaTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is probably a self-hating self-denying gay person.
Vote Placed by drhead 3 years ago
drhead
zezimaTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I'd have a hard time believing that Pro was serious about this.
Vote Placed by Nyx999 3 years ago
Nyx999
zezimaTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro, you are ignorant and cruel, you had no viable points. Gays CAN reproduce, just not with one another. (Unless a gay guy and a gay girl have sex, then they can reproduce) Oh, and just wondering, but do you think that men who get vasectomies aren't human just because they can't reproduce? Do you think that women who are barren or children are not human just because they can't reproduce? That seems silly. Oh and Mars is a MUCH friendlier planet than Venus. And IF there's going to be a colony on Mars, I think that straight people should be allowed there too. :)
Vote Placed by Babeslayer 3 years ago
Babeslayer
zezimaTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: this makes no sense