MIXEDRACERIO
LatentDebater

how many times should you forgive a person for cheating on you

LatentDebater

MIXEDRACERIO

Pro

i think personally you should not forgive the person ever but too many people these days get walked over and get back together although the man has cheated over 10 times its not right coming from a man what do u think?
LatentDebater

Con

I think that you should forgive the person because to not do so merely puts an emotional burden on you.

You are left alone, but no new boyfriend/girlfriend comes along for a long time usually.

You are left depressed because you wish you could have them back but know that since you have devoted yourself to not forgiving them, this will never happen.

You wonder if they really have changed but out of a grudge you limit yourself of the happiness they could offer you for the sake of protecting yourself from pain (when ironically being in a more painful situation after all).
MIXEDRACERIO

Pro

i hear what you are saying but its part and parcel of life people get hurt all the time

why take the person back and be forever paronoid incase they cheat on you again

wouldnt you rather be alone than with a person who is constantly cheating on you

fair enough one time is forgivable more than that then you are a door mat
LatentDebater

Con

I like that saying because it supports the pro side of this argument.
"It's part and parcel of life that people get hurt all the time."

Now onto my rebuttals.

"wouldn't[sic] you rather be alone than with a person who is constantly cheating on you?"

This is simply a question and actually does not constitute a contention at all nonetheless I shall answer it for the sake of being cordial to my opponent.

My answer: Not if they could love me better than anyone else could. I believe that this cancels out that point and is a sufficient rebuttal.

"fair enough one time is forgivable more than that then you are a door mat" So now my opponent has seemed to think that the 'amount' that Pro speaks of is inherently more than one. Well okay then I can easily argue that if you forgive them once, it is equally stupid as the millionth time since the immorality of cheating is constant for each time it occurs and if anything the pain the second time would be far less since you'd already have had experience of how to deal with it and would overcome it quicker (emotional resistance works like immunity to disease).
MIXEDRACERIO

Pro

a person constantly cheating on you is not love so therefore they can not love you better than anyone else because the right person would not cheat on you.

i still stand by the fact that you should not forgive a person if its more thann once

know the saying

cheat once shame on you, cheat again shame on me its that real

p.s im a young lad keep your words in laymans terms

cheers
LatentDebater

Con

First Error: My opponent switched from affirming zero times in their opening speech to then saying one time in round two meaning I had to completely alter my rebuttal to their different standpoint.

Second Error: No evidence given at all, not even 'logical evidence' meaning a coherent justification.

Third error: Never rebutted my points.

I shall now reinstate my contention that would oppose forgiving once being any more or less stupid than more then once.

As I said in round 2, "If you forgive them once, it is equally stupid as the millionth time since the immorality of cheating is constant for each time it occurs and if anything the pain the second time would be far less since you'd already have had experience of how to deal with it and would overcome it quicker."

I think I have won but leave it up to the voters.

Thanks for the debate.
Posted by MIXEDRACERIO 4 years ago
MIXEDRACERIO
thats your personal opinion so i cant dispute that but keep an open mind now cheating is like saying your not good enough never will so i will sleep around with anyone who i want and when guys no they can get away with it they will keep doing it

so personally i would hope you would feel like your worth more than being cheated on
Posted by lit.wakefield 4 years ago
lit.wakefield
Nonsense! Cheating has no relevance to my worth (or lack of it) in my mind.
Posted by MIXEDRACERIO 4 years ago
MIXEDRACERIO
i agree with you there deadlykris once is enough

and for lit.wakefield then its down to you whether you forgive them or not but its gonna come a point where you think to yourself your worth more than being cheated on
Posted by lit.wakefield 4 years ago
lit.wakefield
They can cheat on me ALWAYS.
Posted by Deadlykris 4 years ago
Deadlykris
I would forgive once. There would never be an opportunity for them to need it a second time because I would also end the relationship with that person. But that's just my opinion.
Vote Placed by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
MIXEDRACERIOLatentDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not clearly state their resolution and suffered from it in the arguments. Con made two clear unrebutted arguments: (1) It is better to forgive, as this does not imply taking them back, and means you can move on with your life; (2) it is no smarter/stupider to forgive the fifth time than the first since the ethical transgession is identical and one's abiity to cope with it has likely improved with experience. Pro also put little effort into S&G.
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
MIXEDRACERIOLatentDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: zzz. PRO, next time state your resolution clearly.
Vote Placed by Deadlykris 4 years ago
Deadlykris
MIXEDRACERIOLatentDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: I remain undecided on this issue, in part because it's poorly worded from the outset. However, it's clear that Con had the better arguments and S&G.