dairygirl4u2c
TheConservativeSocialist

i can list more lies from trump than u can from hilary

dairygirl4u2c

Pro

i can list more lies from trump than you can from hilary

trump said he was on sixty minutes with putin. putin was in russia the whole time and not with trump.

trump said he wasn't pretending to be his own assistant in the nineties when someone sounding similar to trump was praising himself in the nineties. he earlier admitted it was him.

trump said he saw large crowds of muslims cheering the world trade center falling, on tv. this apparently never happened.
TheConservativeSocialist

Con

Challenge accepted. So far, my opponent has named three Trump lies.

Hillary Clinton:

1. Accused Gov. Pence of slashing education funding.
2. Claimed that she did not send or receive classified information on her private server.
3. Defended her private server by claiming that her use of it was approved.
4. Claimed that nobody ever ran a negative ad against Sen. Sanders.
5. Accused Sen. Sanders of saying that he would delay the Clean Power Plan.
6. Claimed that a white applicant is three times more likely to get a mortgage than an African
American or Hispanic with the same credentials.
7. Claimed we have more jobs in solar energy than in oil.
8. Claimed that she is the only presidential candidate to have a plan to defeat ISIS.
9. Claimed that all legislation she introduced as senator has a Republican co-sponsor.
10. Claimed healthcare costs are the lowest they've been in 50 years.
11. Claimed ISIS used videos of Trump for recruitment. (before it actually happened)
12. Accused the gun industry of being the only industry wholly protected from liability.
13. Claimed the Benghazi probe is the longest running congressional investigation ever.
14. Accused Gov. Scott Walker of rejecting a bill to make college loan payments tax-deductible and raising taxes on students.
15. Accused all 7 GOP candidates of not talking about how they'd address rising college costs.
16. Claimed hedge fund managers pay less in taxes than nurses and truck drivers.
17. Claimed all of her grandparents were immigrants.
18. Claimed that the number of jobs created and people lifted out of poverty was 'one hundred times' greater under Bill Clinton than Ronald Reagan.
19. Accused Sen. McCain of not supporting gender pay equality.
20. Claimed that Americans will save $70 if you drive on average in summer of 2008.
21. Claimed she criticized the war in Iraq before Barack Obama.
22. Accused Pres. Obama's healthcare plan of only including children.
23. Claimed that she had 35 more years of experience than Pres. Obama.
24. Accused the 2005 energy bill of being a step backwards in the path towards clean energy.
25. Claimed that NIH funding decreased under Pres. George W. Bush.
26. Claimed that if English became the official language, you cannot print ballots in any other languages.
27. Claimed that she was the only 2016 candidate that would not raise taxes on the middle class.
28. Claimed that she was the only candidate who was the victim of Wall Street and hedge fund manager negative ads.
29. Claimed that she landed in Bosnia under sniper fire.
30. Accused Pres. Obama of threatening to bomb Pakistan.
31. Claimed that she and Bill left the White House broke and in debt.
32. Claimed that she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary.
33. Blamed the attack in Benghazi on an Internet video.
34. Claimed her email server was in accordance of the rules and regulations in effect.
35. Claimed she has been consistent on issues like same-sex marriage, Iraq war, and TPP.
36. Claimed that she's gotten things done in every position she has held.
37. Accused the gun industry of having 'immunity'.
38. Accused Sen. Sanders of giving immunity to the gun industry.
39. Claimed that she put together the coalition to impose sanctions n Iran.
40. Claimed that United States intervention in Libya was 'smart'.
41. Told our Libyan staff that she would get back to Benghazi.
42. Claimed Chelsea was jogging around the World Trade Center on 9/11.
43. (On website) Takes responsibility for 9/11 healthcare bill - even though it was passed after she left office.
44. (On website) Takes responsibility for CHIP even though the Clinton administration was against it and she had virtually nothing to do with it.
45. Claimed she was instrumental in northern Ireland, despite being nowhere to be seen.

I'll leave it at that for now and turn it over to my opponent.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

i'm not going to respond to each one, cause most of those include just getting things wrong, which isn't a lie. and trump can be found a ton of this type of things anyway. here are the lies I will count.

Claimed that she landed in Bosnia under sniper fire.
Blamed the attack in Benghazi on an Internet video.
Claimed Chelsea was jogging around the World Trade Center on 9/11.

Claimed that she and Bill left the White House broke and in debt.
this one she might be telling the truth, id need more info

Claimed all of her grandparents were immigrants.
if she said her grandparents were immigrants which is more likely, that might be true if shes just referring to some and being sloppy in her language. if she said all of them were and they weren't then it's a lie. it seems more realistic she was just being sloppy

so far I count three lies that id count from you.

here are plenty of exampels that are at least comparable to the ones you gave. I don't notice any blatant lies so i'll see if you can find any more that should actually constitute a lie
http://www.politifact.com...
TheConservativeSocialist

Con

"Claimed that she and Bill left the White House broke and in debt."
Although they did have some debt from Bill Clinton's legal fees, they were far from 'broke'. In fact, after they left the White House, they bought a seven bedroom house in Washington D.C. worth $2.85 million. I would consider it a lie - she said they were broke and they clearly weren't. [1] http://www.politifact.com... [2] http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

"Claimed all of her grandparents were immigrants."
In Iowa, Hillary said (while speaking on the topic of immigration), "all my grandparents, you know, came over here." Her paternal grandfather immigrated from England; the other three were born in the United States. [1] http://www.politifact.com...-/

My opponent completely dismissed 42 out of 45 of the examples I brought up, claiming that many of them were things she got 'wrong'. I'll go back to my list and pick out a few more that I believe constitute as blatant lies.

1. Claimed that she did not send or receive classified information on her private server. The FBI found 110 emails and 52 email chains containing classified information. She used the server - she had to have known. She lied.
2. Defended her private server by claiming that her use of it was approved. The Inspector General said that the server was never approved nor would it have been approved. She used the server - she had to have known. She lied.
3. Claimed she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary, who climbed Mt. Everest. She was born six years before Hillary was known publicly for his accomplishment. She obviously knew this and lied.
4. Claimed she has been consistent on issues like same-sex marriage, Iraq war, and TPP. She was originally against same-sex marriage. Then she was for civil unions. Now she is completely for it. She voted in favor of the Iraq war. Then she opposed it. Same with the TPP. Obviously she knows her own previous ideas. She lied.

[1] http://www.politifact.com...
[2] http://www.breitbart.com...
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

here is an article that shows trump lies more than clinton
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

con claims i ignroed all his examples, but ive given links with plenty of examples that he ignores.

confidential. it was retroactively classified as confidential. it was legit when it was sent, then later determined classified. this isn't a lie, it's just a mechanical error. even past secretaries of state used private servers and have had their emails retroactively classified. this is also how she can claim it was approved, it was an established practice.
as to consistency on those issues, i would just chaulk it up to political maneuvering that all politicans do. im sure trump would claom to be consistent on many things too, but he's changed his position on almost every issue there is. a little exaggeration.

i didnt notice the one she was named after. id say that counts.
TheConservativeSocialist

Con

"here is an article that shows trump lies more than Clinton"
First of all, this debate (according to the resolution) is about who can list more lies - the source (an extremely anti-Trump, pro-Hillary source) my opponent provided only linked to PolitiFact and provided their information.

"con claims i ignored all his examples, but ive given links with plenty of examples that he ignores."
Actually, my opponent only provided one link, and I'll admit I did not see it at no fault to my opponent. In the first sentence of round two, my opponent argues that "just getting things wrong" does not constitute as a lie, therefore, I will evaluate their PolitiFact link with this same rubric. I will give you the David Duke lie and the Rubio is Mark Zuckerberg's senator lie, as they are more than simply getting something wrong; Trump has previous knowledge of both. All others (I read each one) are either misspeaking or there is no way of knowing Trump's intent.

"as to consistency on those issues, i would just chaulk it up to political maneuvering that all politicans do. im sure trump would claom to be consistent on many things too, but he's changed his position on almost every issue there is. a little exaggeration."
Actually, Trump never said anything about being consistent. Clinton, on the other hand has. More specifically, she told Anderson Cooper that she has been consistent on issues like TPP, the Iraq war, and same-sex marriage. She flip-flopped on all three of those issues. Instead of telling Cooper that she was not consistent (which is the truth), she knowingly (I say 'knowingly because they were her own stances) lied about it, thus it is a lie.

I will take back my comment on classified emails and not count it as a lie.

So here are the lies we have agree on and those I have added using my opponents standards just now.
My opponent provided three lies in round one, and two lies (judging by his/her standards) in rounds 2/3 (David Duke, and Rubio/Zuckerberg).
I provided three lies in round one (not including grandparents and broke) that my opponent accepted (Bosnia, Benghazi, Chelsea on 9/11), two unrebuked lies in round 2 (grandparents and broke), one more unrebuked lie in round 2 (name), and one defended lie in round 3 (consistency).

Total lies provided:
PRO: 5
CON: 7

I thank my opponent for this debate and ask the voters to vote Con, as, in accordance with the resolution, I have provided more lies than my opponent.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Letsdebate24// Mod action: Removed<

5 points to Con (Conduct, S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Credit to pro for putting up a decent fight despite the overwhelming odds against him/her. Politicians did not earn their terrible reputations by being honest people. Just about every politician would have a pretty extensive list of lies were they to be written down. Hillary in particular has been a lawyer since before she was 27 making her defense nearly impossible. Unfortunately she has been caught in many lies on video but still faces no consequences in the law or the general opinion of the American public. Hillary is living proof that being a criminal is perfectly acceptable as long as your a smooth talker and you wear formal attire.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain conduct or S&G. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to assess specific arguments from both sides in the debate. The voter does so for neither, instead giving the reasons why they would side with Con. Personal views are not a substitute for an RFD.
************************************************************************
Posted by ILikePie5 1 year ago
ILikePie5
Should have pressed on those emails. The 110 emails on 52 chains were classified at the time they were sent or received. 8 of them had Top Secret information as well.
Posted by cwt002 1 year ago
cwt002
I think this is interesting but Hilary has definitely had her share of lies and unethical behavior throughout her entire career. But overall, I think an interesting addition would be which lies are worse ( I know that can be somewhat subjective).
Posted by BenJWasson 1 year ago
BenJWasson
nice