i dont know means, i know its false

i dont know is a position on an imaginary claim, the maybe, not yes and no

only know is true, and i dont know god

Hola v_spex! Como estas? Thanks for starting this fascinating debate and I hope you don't mind that I've accepted it.

Now, onto my first argument:

Not "knowing" something does in no way mean that it's "imaginary", or somehow "not true. On the contrary, it simply means that you do not know--in a sense it is neither true or false.

For example, a person may not know if they're going shopping next weekend, but this doesn't mean that they may not go shopping. Likewise a person does not know definitively if they'll become a professor or not, but there's a fair chance that if they want to be a professor they will be.

The same is said for G-d, no one knows for sure if he does or doesn't exist; the only thing you can rely on in this situation is belief or lack-of belief. And once again, not "knowing" is neither a truth or a lie.

Not knowing=not knowing.

Not knowing does not=it not being real or a truth.

im talking about, i dont know as a position on an imaginary claim, the maybe position, maybe there is a god..

i am as certain that i see rocks, as i am that i dont see god

A claim such as "maybe there is a god" definitely doesn't constitute an "imaginary claim". Rather it is a realistic claim that is justified in the sense that people do not know if there is a good. The factor here is once again belief [or not] and personal opinion.

If means that if something is going to happen, it certainly does not equate "imaginary" and it can also be used in the past tense and not just the future.

You could argue something like, if Mr Cumming had gone to the shop--he could have bought some wine, or if Mrs Cumming had gone to the cinema, she could have watched a film. Likewise this does apply to the future tense as well when people organize events and decide to do things, like "if" we are going to sunbathe, we should take some tanning lotion". Or "if I'm going to make love to my boyfriend, I should climb on top of him like right now", or "if" he is going to pull my hair, I will moan in pleasure".

So there you have, "if" is a very relevant term that is constantly used to describe and refer to reality.

Moreover, the "seeing rocks" argument used by Con doesn't apply to many circumstances. You can only see rocks if you are in a rock seeing environment. What happens if you're not?

That's right, you can't see rocks.

Not seeing rocks=claim refuted.

Claim refuted-not seeing rocks, how does one even conclude that rocks exist if they can't see them? Hmm?

maybe=i dont know=i have to imagine it=i can at best imagine it

i know i am reading these words on they screen, i dont have to imagine it, and it is happening, not can happen

know being true, and future being false, i can at best imagine what will happen 5 seonconds ahead of now

could=imaginary, not true

a rock could have dropped on your head as you began reading this sentence

if the moon is made of cheese i would take a bit of it if i was standing on it becasue i had a teleporter and i could breathe in space becasue i was god......

i have memory of seeing rocks, it would be false for me to say i have never seen a rock before, but you would have to imagine it

false=anywhere beyond my personal physical experience of now=imaginary=unknown

what are you most certain of right now, what your neighbour is doing? or that you are reading these words

Maybe=something could happen.

Once again, the term "maybe" neither means that it definitively won't or will happen. It simply indicates that there is a possibility of it happening.

I don't know=it could happen.

It doesn't necessarily mean that not knowing is exclusive to your imagination, as the "thing" that you do not know about for sure is naturally a part of your reality.

Once more, the future isn't exactly "unknown" either. While we can't predict the future for sure we can make rational assumptions on as to what it will involve. For example, someone participating in a beauty contest knows that they'll be getting dressed up and wearing make-up--likewise, the make-up artist knows that she/he will be applying make-up to the said contestants. Another example would be someone who has just baked some cookies and now has one of the cookies in their hand; literally they are about to eat the cookie. This is technically a part of their "future" but it will still happen.

Another instance is that five seconds from now I would have finished this sentence. Okay, it just happened! As I knew it would in that extraordinarily short period of time.

As for the rock dropping on ones head, I know that a rock could not have dropped on mine [or anyone else's head reading this debate, unless they live underneath rocks or have partners that drop rocks on their head] as I began reading Pros sentence. The reason I "know" this is because I am writing in my living room where no rocks exist.

Non-existent rock=cannot fall on head.

Regarding my neighbour, they are most likely in bed or watching television at this moment. I could even look at of my window to confirm for v_spex as to exactly what my neighbour is doing.

This again brings us to the point they we are able to logically assert things even if we do not know them for sure.

Seeing rocks=being a rocky place.

Not seeing rocks=not being in a rock place.

The mathematical equations are pretty simple.

any possibility has an opposite, therfore i dont know possibility, can happen is false.. now is happening, you reading these words is happening, not can happen

reality is absolute, not possible

maybe they die before entering the beauty contest thingi thus they never got dressed op

a rock didnt hit you on the head, but it could have, or was it impossible?

a meteor rock could smash through you entire house, thus you get a rock in your head :b

possibilities exist, lies exist

most likly=false=imaginary=unknown

not seeing rocks=not seeing rocks

seeing rocks=seeing rocks

Could simply means that something could happen. The example here that someone visiting a bar or restaurant asks their waiter: "Could I have a glass of wine", or "Could I have a glass of orange juice"? As with the term "if", there is no way that "could" translates as false, unknown or imaginary. Essentially it's just a word in the English language that is used to describe either a want, a desire, or a possibility--three things that are very much part of reality.

It's the same as someone saying: "We could visit our family today", which if they *want* to they very likely will do.

The "ifs" and "could's" are an integral part of our daily lives, which take place within reality.

Anything is in fact possible in the reality of life. Purchasing some candy is possible, additionally eating a strawberry is possible.

As for the beauty contest example, I was arguing along the lines of them being at the contest at that direct moment--just before they are about to get ready and dressed up. The likelihood of Pros suggestion is of course incredibly slim and in terms of reality, they have more chances of going through with the competition than not.

Regarding the rock, I can quite easily state that it was not possible. As with the previous example, the overall chances of a rock hitting me or anyone else on the head while they're in the safety of their own home is very minuscule. Due to the extensive scientific research that goes into astronomy, if a meteor was about to smash my entire house it's again likely that there would be some indication or warning of it; especially if we're talking about a meteor rock that is large enough to destroy my whole villa.

Also, for all Pro knows it may not have landed on my head [assuming that there was one] and I could have somehow escaped the incident ;) It strongly goes in my favour that there have been no recorded meteorites in my area. And the possibility of them is again entirely rare.

Rare=slim chances of happening.

Slim chances of happening=meteorite.

you are just repeating yourself.. the one in the bar dosnt know if the water has wine that why he asks.. also couls is false

they could also die and never visit them..

if dosnt exist in reality.. if the moon is made of cheese a stone will drop on your head as you read this last word

possibilities are false, its possible a man is drawing closer minute by mintues to stab you with a knife, the question is, after he enter your door, will he kill you fast, or slow?

you can state the moon is made of cheese

Not exactly, he/she asks because it's the polite thing to do. They simply look at the menu or the bar selection and then approach or are approached my the waiter.

Looking at the menu=knowing what you will order.

Knowing what you will order=true knowledge.

True knowledge=the drink that you select.

Pro again brings up the prospect of death, but I could counter that example by arguing that death is the one thing that we know that will happen in life--and, more importantly, it happens in the future! If don't know what will happen in the future, how do we know that death will occur?

Because we can, to a great extent, determine what will happen in the future. Death is both a part of our future and a truth.

A truth=not false.

Not false=our future.

Actually, for all Pro knows a stone just may have dropped on my head; which thus suggests that the moon is indeed made of cheese. [1.]

As for the possibility of being stabbed, the doors to my house are locked. And for all Pro knows I may be prepared for the case of a random man coming to stab me.
Posted by Emilrose 1 year ago
Lol xD
Posted by Lee001 1 year ago
Posted by Emilrose 1 year ago
Love it *-*
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
so what does, my mom could be alive right now mean
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
a stone could hit you in the head as you read this last word, or if the moon is made of cheese
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
i agree thou, but could is not true
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
i dont know=i have to imagine it
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
That's my point. I don't see you, so I can't prove it. God could exist in a place you wouldn't be able to see in.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
i dont know, is a position i know

i see that i dont see a dog in my room right now
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
i can be a human trying to make you think i am a bot, or a bot trying to make you think i am human
Vote Placed by TGambit 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: alrighty
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made many grammatical mistakes, such as punctuation missing from the many times they said something along the lines of ______=_____=______=______=______=_______." It's clear that they aren't speaking of a mathematical equation, and the = sign is just a short form for the word equal. In that case, Pro should've just said equal, and included the proper punctuation. There were also a number of spelling and capitalization errors on Pro's behalf.