DATXDUDE
Balacafa

i need a frend:(

Balacafa

DATXDUDE

Pro

plz b0ss im so lonly.
Balacafa

Con

I accept. You do not need a friend.
DATXDUDE

Pro

DATXDUDE forfeited this round.
Balacafa

Con

Introduction

Thank you datxdude for initiating this debate. I hope that it will be an intriguing one. I am negating the resolution and therefore it is my role in the debate to prove that my opponent does not need a friend/frend.

Contention 1: Loneliness is good

Loneliness is scientifically proven to boost your creativity. This can be good in the long term for job oppurtunities [1].

Loneliness 'relieves depression'. A 1997 study found that although teens didn't describe solitude as a positive experience, many reported increased feelings of well-being afterwards [1].

Being alone allow you to also reflect upon your actions and this allows you to develop physically and mentally as a person [1]. Furthermore, it also, on balance, produces a positive effect in terms of characteristics and your personality [1].

My opponent's argument sole argument is that they are lonely. I have refuted this and shown that loneliness actually has the opposite effect. The resolution is negated! Vote Con!

[1] http://www.huffingtonpost.com...;
DATXDUDE

Pro

DATXDUDE forfeited this round.
DATXDUDE

Pro

Con's first contention is invalid. I'm pretty sure he just wasted 20 minutes reading that study, and I have a simple yet irrefutable counter statement.

Brace yourself Con, you might cry after this.

I wouldn't me with my frend during every second of my existence. This means that I would be alone for the rest of the time.

I will now further analyze Con's argument.

"Loneliness 'relieves depression'. A 1997 study found that although teens didn't describe solitude as a positive experience, many reported increased feelings of well-being afterwards [1]."

Well that's interesting, but I'm not a teen. I'm a 143 year old pastry chef who currently lives in Swaziland.

"My opponent's argument sole argument is that they are lonely. I have refuted this and shown that loneliness actually has the opposite effect."

Nuh uh. I said I was lonly.

Note to self:
Lol epix pwnage. Balacafa doesn't stand a chance.
Balacafa

Con

Actually my opponent statates that they are 143 years old which is immediately false because by looking at their profile (which is the only evidence that we have), we can conclude that Pro is 20 years old and also claims to make $1.5 million per year [1].

My opponent then states that they aren't lonely they are lonly. Lonly is not a word and therefore, I classify this as a typo and I am allowed to change that to what I think is suitable in its place. Given that the resolution states that you want a friend / frend, this means that the most suitable word replacement for lonly would be lonely since if you have no friends/frends, this makes you a person with nobody to talk to and thus you are lonely [2]. In fact, the definition of lonely, according to Oxford dictionaries, is somebody that is sad because they have no friends or company [3]. My word replacement is justified as a result of this.

[1] http://www.debate.org...;
[2] http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...;
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
Sorry, I was out of the state. I'll do my best to get an argument in.
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
Meh. If you don't know someone in real life, I wouldn't say they're your friend.
Posted by Balacafa 1 year ago
Balacafa
In essence, they are the same thing.
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
I forgive you this time. Next time I won't be so lenient.
Posted by Balacafa 1 year ago
Balacafa
That was a typo sorry. I meant to write frend. Here is the definition of frend: http://www.urbandictionary.com...
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
That wasn't the resolution you pathetic pile of scrap metal. Friend and frend are two different things. I hope next time you will learn your lesson before debating with the likes of me!
Vote Placed by TheResistance 1 year ago
TheResistance
DATXDUDEBalacafaTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF Pro didn't really attack. Bala hit hard with first contention. Pro's arguments were messy and out of structure. Bala had his first contention standing still and he defended well.