Hanate333
paulji

iPhone 6s+ vs Samsung S7 Edge

Started: 4/28/2016 Category: Technology

Hanate333

Pro

I will be arguing as Pro that the Samsung S7 Edge is a better device than the iPhone 6s.

Software and hardware are all fair game.
paulji

Con

I currently have the iPhone 6s and it is exactly what I expected out of it. Yes, the Samsung S7 Edge does have an advantage in terms of specs and other stuff, but I think that the iPhone is a better phone because it is more user friendly and it allows the user to become very familiar with the phone. My brother went from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S7, and he absolutely hates it because he does not have iMessage anymore, and it just bothers him. Of course, it is a matter of taste and what you like, but personally, I believe that the iPhone is a better phone, even if it may lack in terms of specs.
Hanate333

Pro

I believe the S7 Edge is better for the following reasons:
1. The device is water and dust resistant, and has withstood over 7 hours underwater in tests. This is a major advantage over an iPhone, which can short circuit if dropped in water.
2. The specs are way better than the iPhones. Especially in multi core tests, the S7 edge beats the iPhone by a massive margin. This translates into faster, smoother performance.
3. The S7 edge is equipped with wireless charging, so just drop it on the charger, wait a few hours (Oh yeah, it has Qualcomm fast charging as well), and you're ready to go. This is an easy and simple way to charge your phone, without the hassle of tangled or broken cords.
4. The fingerprint scanner is faster on the S7 Edge, which makes it all the more easy to get work done.
5. As an android device, it comes with all the compatibility and gimmicks that android has. Themes, massive range of smartwatches, Google now (which is less personable but much better at getting things done and recognizing voice), and Google chrome (which iOS does have an app for, but it isn't optimized like it is for android. Plus, it is the most secure browser available).
6. The camera is much better than the iPhones. More vibrant, WAY better low light, wider camera lens (for wider shots) and an amazing selfie camera.
7. The S7 Edge is much better to hold, thanks to curves on both the front and back, as well as a glass backing that isn't slippery like metal.
8. The display is way more vibrant, has a much greater pixel density, and the edge is gorgeous to look at. I know this is subjective, but the S7 Edge is way more beautiful to see.

Now, to address your points:
You called iOS more user friendly. But the fact is, if you have an iPhone, transitioning to an android is easy to get used to. iOS is more simple, but thanks to that it has way fewer features. Organizing apps on android is much more customizable as well.

You said your brother was frustrated because he lost iMessage. Google hangouts on Android is arguably way more complete and offers messaging across all platforms. This includes Google hangouts on Gmail. So no matter what device you are using, Google hangouts is there.
Thank you for accepting this challenge, and I look forward to your response.
paulji

Con

paulji forfeited this round.
Hanate333

Pro

I hope my opponent will argue, but for now I extend.
paulji

Con

paulji forfeited this round.
Posted by DebaterGood 10 months ago
DebaterGood
How can you debate without software as part of the debate? Software is what really differentiates the two flagship devices.
Posted by Ragnar 10 months ago
Ragnar
No software... I am not sure which would make a more appealing paperweight.