ademaio
agreco3

iPhone vs android

agreco3

ademaio

Pro

I will argue that the iPhone is a much better choice than an android phone for several reasons. By "better" I mean a more advantageous choice to any owner.
agreco3

Con

I will debate that Android is a more advantageous choice to any owner over iPhone.
ademaio

Pro

To Begin one reason the iphone is a better choice is the apps.

According to an article by Wilson Rothman on MSNBC.com, "Apple has a commanding lead over all other smart phone platforms with 230,000 and counting in the App Store. But Google's Android platform now claims 70,000. "

The amount of apps and the wide variety of apps available to the user is certainly advantageous. In this aspect, the iphone certainly takes the win.
agreco3

Con

Although the iPhone may have more selection of apps, the quality of apps is better in Android. For starters even the co founder of Apple, Steve Wozniak, believes that Android is better than iPhone. He himself owns one. Steve claims that the Google or Android operating system has that of an iPhone beat. Specifically in voice dictation, Wozniak believes that Android has better voice commands built into the phone. He says that "I have a lower success rate with Siri than I do with the voice built into the Android, and that bothers me."

Source: http://www.knowyourmobile.com...
ademaio

Pro

Reliability. The Android is much more susceptible to freezing and lagging. Apple as done a great job in minimizing the errors and issues in the software.

"While the more recent builds of Android have become a lot more stable and reliable, they still don't match iOS 4 or previous iPhone firmwares. The iPhone operating system is just so solid and stable and reliable. It very rarely crashes or freezes up and it's just straightforward. I find with Android that while it may be quicker at times, it tends to freeze up a lot more than the iPhone OS. Even with the most recent Froyo 2.2 edition of Android, it still freezes up on me and I know i'm not alone with this. Android also seems to be plagued with error messages of failed processes which

Source: http://www.shoutmeloud.com...
agreco3

Con

Android may have had its issues in the past, but it is more reliable in other senses. We find that Android has a better navigation system. The iPhone has a lack of navigation-support in the UK on Apple's Siri. Even the co founder of Apple states that "this is extremely disappointing." Also the navigation system for Android comes free with the phone, where as on the iPhone you must buy the seemingly similar GPS product for 100$. In a test the iPhone 3Gs TomTom navigation system was placed against Androids Google maps navigation's system. In the test one result that was concluded to was that they came to run into errors with the iPhone, and not the Android device.

" We encounter several GPS signal failures during our drive with the iPhone 3GS. These occurred mostly in narrow alleyways that obstructed our line-of-sight to the sky.The Droid, however, made no corresponding complaints about loss of signal at such points, and kept on navigating without interruption throughout our test."

http://www.pcworld.com...
ademaio

Pro

One of the most impressive aspects of the iphone is it's camera because no other smart phone compares. Having such a clear camera to capture any moment is certainly valuable.

"The camera on the iPhone 4S trumps any other smartphone camera I've tried. The HTC One X comes close, but for high-quality photography day or night, the iPhone 4S is your best bet. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
agreco3

Con

The camera on the iPhone may bet better, however the iPhone does not have One issue the iPhone has is that it does not support flash, Android does. SO when you are going on the Internet on your iPhone half of what needs to load cannot because flash is not supported. The Android does support flash and allows for everything to load.

"Web surfing on Android has the potential to be a total game changer. I now realize that I was totally brainwashed into thinking that not having Flash on my iPhone and iPad wasn't a big deal. Boy was I wrong. I can't tell you how many times I have been surfing the web on my iPad when I ran into a site that didn't load completely and I took out my Atrix to view the site. It's a huge difference."

Source: http://articles.businessinsider.com...
ademaio

Pro

The iPhone overall has several things the android does not. These include but are not limited to great apps, excellent software and a very convenient camera feature. It also has the name apple which in itself is a very compelling factor. Apple is a solid company that is innovative and constantly producing new updates and products.

Overall iPhone beats android.
agreco3

Con

Android has several things that iPhone does not. This can be concluded to include better quality of apps, better voice commands, more compatibly with Internet surfing, as well as faster downloads. These are just a few of the qualities that overall makes Android better than iPhone. Thank you very much for your debate.
Vote Placed by Koopin 5 years ago
Koopin
ademaioagreco3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Kfc
Vote Placed by Multi_Pyrocytophage 5 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
ademaioagreco3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's dropping her arguments.
Vote Placed by Travniki 5 years ago
Travniki
ademaioagreco3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro doesn't like cons arguments so she starts talking about the Iphone camera..
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
ademaioagreco3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro dropped all arguments
Vote Placed by K.GKevinGeary 5 years ago
K.GKevinGeary
ademaioagreco3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: counter vote bomb stop telling us about your phone and make a comment about the debate
Vote Placed by X_mitchell 5 years ago
X_mitchell
ademaioagreco3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I own an android and love it people say they lag and cant do anything but yet i have noticed the exact opposite. It also annoys me that people buy into apple because its simply a trend, people nowadays dont look at performance but they like to look at looks, which doesnt make sense in something that should be all power.