iPhones are good phones
Debate Rounds (4)
1. They reinvented the smartphone so that it could be used for fun and not just business
2. iPhones are outselling android. This one phone company is outselling, Motorola, Samsung, and LG combined.
3. People say they aren't "original," can we please look at the iPhone 6 and Galaxy s6? They look extremely similar and the iPhone came out earlier too. Just look at the bottoms and they look almost the same. Also they copied the color scheme that most apple products use of gold, silver, and dark grey options.
4. The argument before was "iPhone isn't water proof, it doesn't have a removable battery." Does the s6 have these features? Does the Droid Turbo? Does the Moto x? No none of these do. Plus the fact that there are so many Android phones gives them the option of many different phones having different features, giving them an unfair advantage.
"1. They reinvented the smartphone so that it could be used for fun and not just business"
I have one picture for you, go here (http://cdn.macrumors.com...) and this should cover your statement above (if it does not then i won't mind explaining)
"2. iPhones are outselling android. This one phone company is outselling, Motorola, Samsung, and LG combined"
I think you missed out on the title of the webpage. Here i pasted it for you "apples-iphone-overtakes-android-in-us-sales-for-the-first-time-since-2012". Another thing to indicate is that the rise was due to iPhone 6 was released, resulting in that spike in sales. These have leveled now however.
3. Although i do agree that they look similar on the outside, they have however different operating systems. Just because geometrically it made sense to create them (perhaps the way the internal board is being created it matches eachother) it does not mean that Galaxy was copied from the iPhone. This development might have taken months perhaps even years. They cannot go and reinvent their size just because the competitor has a device that looks the same. These are company secrets and standards that cannot be copied..
4. Well those are just the ones that aren't "water proof" (although that is not even a correct term). Here are some that are :
Sony's Xperia Z3
So don't pick the ones that don't have and compare with the i platform from which none have...
2. Still even if the iPhone isn't outselling them all together they still outsell them alone. Also the fact that one phone was outselling all of these large phone companies at once is impressive as well.
3. I am used to people saying "oh Apple made a smart watch what a copy of the Samsung watch." So I would just like to point out that Samsung isn't perfect either and they aren't completely original. Plus Apple also has a completely unique OS.
4. You didn't rebuke the fact that Android has a better market for having features that the iPhone has. Because they make many more phones than Apple makes it easier to find a phone with something that iPhones don't have. When I just listed those phones I was trying to make a point that many Android phones aren't waterproof and don't have removable batteries.
5. Androids are more buggy than iPhones. According to this cite (http://www.imore.com...) Apple has a higher priority for UI rendering which means that iPhones are less prone to lagging and the touch screen is more responsive compared to Androids. Even IOS 5 can run smoother than more recent Andriod OSs.
Thanks for accepting this debate, this should be fun!
2. You used a fact that was not accurate then you say "still"? Make sure you formulate your debate on true facts, or if you do not wish to at least use intuition. Do not add a quote and say it took it from here where in fact the information on that website is not correct.
3. As i said in the previous round. It takes time to develop a new "design". If they match that does not mean that they copied from each other since the steps necessary to reaching the final product, in this case the watch, it will take more than a few weeks or days. When other people tell you that apple stole the design from Samsung just mention that is not possible. Give them the reason above as to why.
4. Here is the proof that android is more versatile than Apple:  
With the Android the user has more capabilities at managing his/her apps which apple lacks.
Android is run on over 84% of the smartphones world wide, whereas Apple is only 12%. So you can see that the history is on the Android side. 
The difference between iOs 8 and 7 are almost non-existant, whereas the new lolipop update, Andrioid will be incorporating all of the bugs that were found in the previous builds into a new update, which i find it very good. Another thing i will add is that during upgrades from X to X.1 (ie. iOs 7 to 8) apple requires an extended (sometimes 20gb) of memory whereas to android is very minimal.
5. Just to summarize, and i hope this will give you insight into how the Apple is being created/manufactured, which is based on child/young labour. As you might be aware   of the below human conditions that people are being treated in these manufacturing plants, as well as their denial of human rights (some factories have suicide nets to prevent people from jumping) further promote a culture of self-interest of the creators and senior managements and presides of the Apple corporation.
So when you say iPhones are good phones, go to china and ask a child that works as a slave what he/she thinks of it. :)
Your turn :)
He said reinvented not invented. They recreated the smartphone so it would be easier and more fun to use is that not correct? I said it reinvented SMARTPHONES go check. Apple tried to give the smartphone a new face, a phone that evryone could use. iPhones made it easier to get apps and games on smartphones first. It created the app store making it easy to find and download apps.
2. I say still because it is a fact that iPhones outsell Samsung, LG, and Motorola individually in the US. Thats a "true fact." (http://www.cnbc.com...) Also according to this cite (http://bgr.com...) "The note suggests that 50% of Apple"s iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus buyers are coming from other brands, mostly Android. Of the previous Android owners who purchased a new iPhone, it appears most of them have ditched Samsung handsets in favor of the iPhone 6." Many Android users are switching brands now. Also "according to Citi, the iPhone 6 is the No.1 phone in U.S. and China, which are obviously major smartphone markets for Apple, Google and Samsung. However, the phone has convinced just 20% of existing iPhone users to upgrade, suggesting 80% of buyers are new smartphone users or are converting from other platforms."(http://bgr.com...)
3. How did Apple and Samsung both get close to the same design if it takes so long to make one? And get the same colors? Based off of your thinking that it takes so long to change what the phone looks like then since the iPhone 6 came out earlier that leaves the possibility that Samsung saw the design ideas before it came out and "borrowed" some ideas.
4. You know why that's the case that Android is run on so many more phones? Because they make many more types of phones. Apple only made 2 this year and Android has many more than that. (couldn't find an exact number) IOS 8 did add many things and fix bugs. They fixed face time, added apple pay (where is android pay btw?) and added a new fitness app to go with at the time soon to come out apple watch. IOS 8 takes up 5gb plus the fact that they added 5 more apps with it makes up for it. On my 64gb iPhone I don't find it that annoying and I have barley even used up 20 gbs of data (including the update) after having the phone for 9 months. Also not all of the latest Android phones will be able to update to Lollipop, is that not correct?
Oh and 3 phones that are waterproof? Wow so many. You can just buy a case and it will be waterproof. Problem solved. And it says that the deepest a s4/5 should go is 3 feet of pressure. With a Lifeproof case, which I have, you can go up to 12 feet. You can get a waterproof case for those phones too, but all I'm saying is that you can solve the problem. :D
So you concede the fact that iPhones have a better UI? :)
You didn't even talk about it. :)
*Oh and your software on iPhone will always be up to date unlike Android where it varies. If you have an iPhone model that is less than 5 years old then you can update.
And very few Android phones have as good as a camera as iPhones. (only the Note 4 and G4) (http://www.businessinsider.com...)
They by far have the best fingerprint scanners. My friend with the S6 edge constantly complains about it. (http://www.businessinsider.com...)
5. This isn't a debate on the work conditions yes they are bad. But android must treat their well and pay them lots right? (implying you need proof that android treats their factory workers well) ;)
I guess they can go work for Samsung and get cancer. (http://www.theguardian.com...)
"However, new investigations by CLW have revealed that the treatment of Samsung"s Chinese factory workers is far from model. Indeed, the list of illegal and inhumane violations is long, including but not limited to well over 100 hours of forced overtime work per month, unpaid work, standing for 11 to 12 hours while working, underage workers, severe age and gender discrimination, abuse of student and labor dispatch workers, a lack of worker safety, and verbal and physical abuse." (http://www.chinalaborwatch.org...)
They both treat their employees bad. So drop it and stop acting like Android is perfect.
Ask the people with cancer about how they feel about the conditions.
6. Androids are more buggy than iPhones. According to this cite (http://www.imore.com......) Apple has a higher priority for UI rendering which means that iPhones are less prone to lagging and the touch screen is more responsive compared to Androids. Even IOS 5 can run smoother than more recent Andriod OSs. (just putting it again in case you didn't see it :D)
7.I would also like to add that the S6, S6 Edge, G4, and Note 4 all came out later in the year so they can see what Apple had put out so they can upgrade things like camera and the screen resolution so it could be better than the latest iPhone.
Your turn ;)))))))))))))))))))))
2. A item that is newly introduced into the market place, with the correct amount of marketing and vogue distribution, the produce will be successful. This type of behavior has been tested and researched into. 
Due to Apple products receiving a periodic update (usually in their appearance) of the geometry of the device,minimal internal improvements (I am aware of the iOs8 changes which should have been corrected long time ago), the individual will want something that looks new.
3. Google Play (formaly Android Market) has oertaken the Apple store in revenue market as well as available apps. 
"That's not all - according to data from AppFigures, Google Play has now overtaken Apple's App Store in terms of the number of apps it hosts, and also the number of developers working on the platform"
Another fact to consider is that a large portion of Google Play apps are free, whereas to the Apple store they aren't 
"But Google Play's worldwide downloads were 60 percent higher than iOS App Store downloads - and much of that growth is coming in emerging markets (this doesn't take into account the variety of other Android app stores that exist" 
As you can see people like free stuff. Now i do give credit to iOs App store, their revenue markets are higher due to a high percentage of payed apps.
4. "Worldwide, all those companies making Android phones sell a lot more units than Apple sells of the iPhone, says IDC. In the fourth quarter of 2012, Android had more than 70 percent share, vs. 21 percent for the iPhone." 
As you can see Android platform supporting smart phones are far more popular than their competition. Another reason to note the value of the 2. iPhone 6 and Plus being priced between $839-$969  whereas the LG G4 considered the "best Android device" according to Android Central  is valued at $600.
5. It was the case of loss of life of one individual (23 yr old) and another 2 people. Lets have a look at apple now shall we?
Foxxconn suicides  from which 24 people have attempted to commit suicide, from which 19 have been declared deceased.  How do these sound like?
6. This is true, it is a tad laggy.
7. This is based on belief, not true fact. It will be discarded. And as I have pointed out, the development of a new product or upgrade does not happen over night... Just because the competition put it out 2 weeks before your released your product it does not mean you copied.. Manufacturing of hundreds of thousands of components and devices does not happen in 2 weeks...
1. I'll list the ways it redefined the smartphone
-could be used as a music player
-It had no buttons
-you didn't use a stylus (was popular at the time)
-it had better stores for a better experience buying one (android stores???)
-It was much faster than phones at the time
-Oh and the Play Store has ads now (http://techcrunch.com...) I'll pay for apps over having ads.
2. I guess you have nothing to say about the Android users switching over. And I just want to end the money argument now because Apple is the biggest company in the world.
"A item that is newly introduced into the market place, with the correct amount of marketing and vogue distribution, the produce will be successful. This type of behavior has been tested and researched into. 
Due to Apple products receiving a periodic update (usually in their appearance) of the geometry of the device,minimal internal improvements (I am aware of the iOs8 changes which should have been corrected long time ago), the individual will want something that looks new." What does this have to do with my second argument?
And what you said about how iOS 8 isn't everything people wanted, at least people can upgrade the software of the phone they just bought. (Don't say we should be disappointed when many Android users can't even upgrade.)
3. Again, nothing to do with what I said.... (the "correct term" is overtaken not oertaken) I guess point 7. is your response. The S6 came out in April, which is 8 months. That's a lot of time." 2 weeks before your released your product it does not mean you copied." But that's none of my business... :)
And what you said about how iOS 8 isn't everything people wanted, at least people can upgrade the software of the phone they just bought.
4. It's hilarious how many ways i can rebuke this so I'll make a list
- that stat is from 2012 :)
-they make more types of phones and they make those cheap ones you find in the grocery store, so people who can't afford iPhones there only option is Android. :)
-with a two year contract that price drops to $199 for iPhone 6 and $299 for the 6+ (why would you buy a phone that can't even make calls?) :)
-Apple is also newer to the scene of phones, only having made smartphones :)
5. they are both terrible so don't act like Android is perfect ( just repeating this to show Samsung is bad too,"100 hours of forced overtime work per month, unpaid work, standing for 11 to 12 hours while working, underage workers, severe age and gender discrimination, abuse of student and labor dispatch workers, a lack of worker safety, and verbal and physical abuse.") Also I haven't heard about people getting cancer from iPhone factories.
6. you concede :)
7. The only thing that isn't true for is the G4, the rest came out months later giving them more time to work on it and see what Apple did. :)
I will conclude with the following.
Pro, you have not been able to fully rebut my arguments, other than providing some smiles. [I'll give you one also at the end :)]
The debate was revolved around whether or not iPhones are good phones. I have given reasons as to why iPhones are just like any other phone out there, the only difference being price and operating system "name". In essence they all do the same thing and at no point does one overtake the other in quality. These are all branded items meant mostly for entertainment. Since it is as such, there will always be different perspectives since everyone can be said to be "entertained" differently.
I suppose the votes will show who had better conduct and evidences.
Good luck and thank you for the debate.
PS. I apologize for the spelling mistakes, hope they didn't confuse you too much.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.