dairygirl4u2c
Controverter

if both healthy baby and mother can be saved, abortion should not be allowed

Controverter

dairygirl4u2c

Pro

in cases where mother wants abortion (or to be free from the baby), but the healthy baby can be safely removed instead of aborted... and thus both mother and child saaved, this should be required. abortion should not be an option.

after six months of pregnancy or so, abortion in the US is restricted to only cases involving health of the mother. (to be sure, this includes much abuse for 'mental health' etc) if even a healthy baby MUST be aborted to save the mother, msot including me would agree it's the right thing to do. to be sure, however.... healthy babies are too often aborted in the name of saving the mother or trivial reasons, when labor could be induced or teh baby somehow otherwise simply removed, instead of abortion
the mother shouldn't have the option to abort a healthy baby when it can jsut be removed.
Controverter

Con

Why does this warrant the forced pregnancy of the mother, especially if she was raped and is under 18?
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

do you mean the forced birth of the baby?
do you mean "include" the forced pregnancy of the mother?

most abortions can occur before the baby is "health" and can be safely removed. if the mother is under 18 and raped, we shouldn't allow the baby to die for it... if the baby is healthy-- there's no reason the baby would have to die in this situation.
i wouldn't squabble though, if we allowed her to abort if underage and raped even later in pregnancy.
Controverter

Con

I have either won this debate already or lost it already because I have no clue how to comprehend what the instigator just said...
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

i couldn't comprehend your first post, and i'm sure no one else could.... so that makes two of us.

here is another try...

try reading your first post and see if it makes sense. cause it don't. explain to me what it means.
do you mean "include" the forced pregnancy of the mother, in terms of requiring rapes by force that require the birth of the baby?

most abortions can occur before the baby is "healthy" and can be safely removed. that is legal and i have no quelms about it.
if the mother is under 18 and raped, we shouldn't allow the baby to die for it... if the baby is healthy-- there's no reason the baby would have to die in this situation.
i wouldn't squabble too much and understand though, if you simply disagreed, and it was on the specific point of allowing abortion for those underage, and raped, even later in pregnancy.
Controverter

Con

Do you mean the forced birth of the baby? This is anti-abortion, I am arguing for abortion being allowed.

Do you mean "include" the forced pregnancy of the mother, in terms of requiring rapes by force that require the birth of the baby? Yes, that would be included in your abortion-ban.

"most abortions can occur before the baby is "healthy" and can be safely removed. that is legal and i have no qualms about it." I am afraid that I don't understand how you can have no qualms about that if you are anti-abortion but I also think that a Baby and fetus have been confused here.

"If the mother is under 18 and raped, we shouldn't allow the baby to die for it... if the baby is healthy-- there's no reason the baby would have to die in this situation." You forget the harm you're doing to the poor little girl.

"I wouldn't squabble too much and understand though, if you simply disagreed, and it was on the specific point of allowing abortion for those underage, and raped, even later in pregnancy." But this point of disagreement tears your debate apart?!

While I appreciate the passion of Pro throughout this debate, I do not appreciate the lack of reasoning put forth.
Posted by Solomon_Grim 3 years ago
Solomon_Grim
This was very confusing
Posted by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
RFD:

Pro undertook to prove that abortions should not be allowed after six months. Pro then agree to allow abortions after six months.
Vote Placed by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
dairygirl4u2cControverterTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.