phantom14450
Comrade_Silly_Otter

if gay marriage should be allowed or not allowed in the US

phantom14450

Con

hello to the challenger! I am excited to have this argument. to tell you I am new. I have had 2 debates, and 1 that is going on right now. we are argueing if gay marriage should be ok or not ok in the united states. i will be the one going against it. i hope we have a fun and good time in this debate!
Comrade_Silly_Otter

Pro

I shall be for Gay Marriage.

Good luck to my opponent, please post your arguments first.

Good luck
phantom14450

Con

yes good luck too you too.
1. It"s Not Natural
Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Other People Will Be Gay
Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. It Will Lead To Other Crazy Behavior
Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Marraige Isn"t Open To Change
Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn"t changed at all. Women are still property, blacks still can"t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. The Sanctity of Marriage Will Be Broken
Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed. The sanctity of Britney Spears" 55-hour-just-for-fun and Kim Kardashian"s 72-day-highly-profitable marriage would be destroyed.

6. Marriage Should Produce Children
Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn"t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren"t full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Gay Parents = Gay Kids
Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. It Is Not Supported By Religion
Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That"s why we have only one religion in America.

9. A Male And Female Role Model Is Required
Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That"s why we as a society expressively forbid single parents to raise children.

10. It Will Change the Foundation Of Society
Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. We could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven"t adapted to cars, the downfall economy, or longer life spans.
Comrade_Silly_Otter

Pro

Hahaha

Its funny, me having seen this before on the Internet on a Website called
" Damn Lol ".
phantom14450

Con

phantom14450 forfeited this round.
Comrade_Silly_Otter

Pro

Well since you shot yourself down with all your arguments I don't know what to say.

Life goes on I guess
phantom14450

Con

phantom14450 forfeited this round.
Comrade_Silly_Otter

Pro

Comrade_Silly_Otter forfeited this round.
Posted by Comrade_Silly_Otter 3 years ago
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Yes, I have seen this before on a site named " Damn Lol ".
Posted by JacobG 3 years ago
JacobG
is con being sarcastic?!?!?
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Funny how I have seen this before.
Posted by phantom14450 3 years ago
phantom14450
im bad... i cant help it... ill still try though.
Posted by Complicated_Mind 3 years ago
Complicated_Mind
Phantom, did you copy and paste? Is this a satire debate? Many of your arguments seem self defeating, sarcastic, and beneficial to the pro side...