vi_spex
Belgian_Problem

if god existed we would know

Belgian_Problem has forfeited round #3.

vi_spex

Pro

no belief involved
Belgian_Problem

Con

If God doesn't exist we would know.

The same argument can be used to invalidate your argument, which in turn makes it a rather bad argument.

However, you cannot prove to me that God does not exist. While, at the same time, I cannot for definite prove that God does exist. That does not mean, of course, that either statement is true or false. However, consider the following.

Think of how big time is. We cannot even start to comprehend how time works, nor can we pinpoint exactly when "Time" started to exist.

Is it not logical, therefore, that it's a very real possibility that life came before us? And that that life that came before us come hold such power that we cannot comprehend? And if this being did exist, and indeed created us, would he not have the ability to hide his presence from us?

To put this into perspective, lets consider an Ant. Now, an ant might believe that the entire world, comparable to our earth, contains a couple of miles of farmland. Now if that's the case, that would make us gigantic living beings that can do Godly things with little effort. To them, we are Gods. This can be applied to our God.

We may be the ants, and he may be a simple being, like us. He could easily manipulate and create life via science, just like we can. His world could be the entire galaxy, his house could be a planet.

This, of course, may seem extremely silly. How can someone survive in space?

However, the matter still stands. We cannot prove that God does or doesn't exist, either until he decides to reveal himself or we get to a level where we can literally disprove him 100% with science.
vi_spex

Pro

if god dosnt exist we would know.. no belief involved

you can believe in a god.. so believing=not knowing

time=space+matter
matter is eternal, no beginning and no end, only now.. but you are complicat"ng the obvius

irrelevant points, a god can hide, or not exist..

if god was walking around mountain high we would know god exist.. no belief involved

god is not true, as we dont know god
Belgian_Problem

Con

I can believe in God.

I don't really understand what believing=not knowing means, though.

I mean, I believe in God, which therefore makes me sure he exists in one form or another.

If matter is eternal, then where did it come from? How was it made?

I am not "Complicating the obvious" I am simply arguing my point, which is what a debate is.

Yes, a God can hide or not exist. Just because he can hide, however, does not mean he cannot exist.

If God was "Walking around mountain high" and didn't want us to know he existed, then he could do so. No idea what you mean by "No belief involved." as I am involving belief to a minimal in my argument.

I don't know your mother. Does that she doesn't exist? Just because we don't know something exists doesn't instantly mean it doesn't exist. I didn't know you existed until this debate, does that mean that you didn't exist until I accepted this debate?
vi_spex

Pro

you can believe whatever you like

knowing is not believing

you can believe there is no god

eternal=no beginning and no end

but you are.. know is non belief, why belief if you know? and why are you not going to answer that question

humans are born little one
Posted by vi_spex 12 months ago
vi_spex
its impossible for a theist to know how stupid he is because he would have to be honest
Posted by vi_spex 12 months ago
vi_spex
creation suggests creator
Posted by canis 12 months ago
canis
We can imagine one. So a god exist. That is all we have to know. At least if that is all you have to know to know a god.
Posted by vi_spex 12 months ago
vi_spex
a theism
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 12 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Better review this debate;
Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!
Hell, Who will go there, and Why?