vi_spex
EvangilisticOmega

if religion is wrong, surely satan is not the evil one, and not real

vi_spex

Pro

if satan is not real, then god is not real, and god is evil
EvangilisticOmega

Con

My opponent is clearly not religious and therefore knows next to nothing about a topic that he thinks he can win. I would like him to clarify what this argument is about. Free will? Religion not being true? If you are saying religion is not true then that is correct, but only to you because you have free will, therefore this is an unwinnable debate solely because it is a matter of beliefs. But if I am wrong about what this debate is about then please tell me and please clarify what it is to me.
vi_spex

Pro

i can believe your god is false because i stepped on my tootpaste this morning

its just that, when i ask believers, they says god created everything
EvangilisticOmega

Con

I understand that you can believe what you want for any reason you want, any of us can. I can believe that you are a hermit living under a bridge because I went swimming on Tuesday. But you still haven't clarified what you are arguing.
vi_spex

Pro

i wrote a headline
EvangilisticOmega

Con

Ok well, if religion is wrong, and by the way there are different religions, Then of course satan is not evil because there is no religion.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
it is not moral, because you dont know the presets, you dont know any of it, and sIN is unawarness
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
belief is unknown, truth is known

mind+emotion=spirit=belief

religion is a single passenger alien spaceship ride with preset spaceship functions headed for the unknown
Posted by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
Spiritual people who are not religious are more likely to have mental disorders. Therefore you're right that JUST spiritual is bad because the person's beliefs will have no identity or affiliation. Us humans like to be part of groups working toward a common goal therefore religion provides us with the necessary "doses" of spirituality in order for us to maintain a healthy life by obeying religious laws, revealed to a specific people of a location, for a specific time frame, until that law becomes no longer applicable, and therefore a new law, with a new "dosage" of spirituality is revealed. Its called progressive revelation. Because there is nothing in this world that isn't progressively revealed. So why not religion?

You said maybe human spirit is morality then you said I don't know yet....you mentioned 2 important and open minded words; "maybe" & "yet". So this shows that you are questioning the legitimacy of the human spirit which is awesome. The fact that you don't know that yet is your own problem and a Vi_spex problem requires a Vi_spex solution. Because I could just sit here and yap all I want about why you should believe what a human spirit is and stuff. Instead I will leave you with this, "O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit God! Refresh and gladden my spirit. Purify my heart. Illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. O God! I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life. O God! Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord.

So you see? The spirit is associated with the heart and the feelings you get AFTER you have sided with something to affiliate yourself with. Through this, you will find happiness. When you have a Cause to dedicate yourself to, your spirit becomes understood & true morality is exercised
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
but maybe the human spirit is morality i dont ge it yet
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
religion=religion

spiritulity is all evil
Posted by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
A number of questions...

Clarify your point on what you said in your round 2 argument? "When I ask believers..."

Who are those believers?

Why are all your arguments defaulting to Christianity?

Could I ask you what you think the role of a parent is?

Is it possible to prove the existence of something you don't believe in?

Is it possible to believe in something that doesn't exist?

If you claim it doesn't exist, could it be ignorance that holds you back from investigation?

Say if you were right, would that change the definition of morality?

How can you be good without incorporating even the slightest spirituality?

What's the point of being good?

Does religion suppress our lower, animalistic behavior? Or does it channel our animalistic behavior toward the progression of mankind?

If you push for the disappearance of religion, will the world forget what "being good" means?

If you push for the ousting of religion aren't you ousting virtues, spirituality, and faith along with it?

If you push for falsifying religion, aren't you falsifying the morality your parents taught you as a kid?

what is religion without science?

What is science without religion?

Answer these questions for me please. I'm just wondering how you would answer them. :)
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Just because God is omnipotent doesn't mean we don't have free will. For it is your will to beleive or not, because of his love (Bible talk here) he gives us free will we are not robots even if what we do is known by God it doesn't mean He will intervene. But I like the quote, "if I'm wrong about God I've wasted my life, if your wrong about God you've wasted your eternity." although you may have not wasted your life if you beleive in God because his principles in the Bible are proven good for health and well being.http://adrenalfatiguesolution.com...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
the bible says god is good and real
Posted by EvangilisticOmega 1 year ago
EvangilisticOmega
How can God be not real and evil at the same time.