patriots16-0
goldspurs

if you are a CHRISTIAN gay marrige should be compared to murderers and other sinful people.

patriots16-0

Pro

"Patriots, as a fellow conservative I want to tell you that you have alot to learn. I don't agree with same-sex marriage but I do not think homosexuals are comparible to murderers. I believe it is wrong for more than just religious reasons."

Well i think that gay people are in sin and are just as bad as a murderer or a robber. What is so different about them they are are sinning they are both a violation of Gods law and they both are very seris on how bad sin is. Sin is sin ok its no like 1 there is stealing then there is killing then there is gay people. No, sin is sin. Gay people are just as bad as murderers. You know it used to be like that back in the old days where gay people wouldnt say a word about how they were. It was just left to themselves like it should have been but then the 60s came along and people were aloud to be more open about it. But back then it was considerd a major sin to be that way you would go to insane asilems if you were gay and they found out. Im saying that sensce it was terrible back then it should be terrible now. I think you are to easily persuaded by the world and how it accepts gays these days you need to think about what the bible says. When God whiped put a whole nation because one of the major reasons is that they were gay. That city was Sadamn and Gammora. So obviously God hatse the sinfulness of gay people just as much as he hates the sinfulness of a murderer.

Mayby i do have alot to learn on the debating side of a conservative but what i do know is that i am rite obout is that gays should be compared to murderers and robbers because it is sin in Gods eyes.
goldspurs

Con

Not sure why you felt the need to have 4 rounds in this debate, but ok.

Your debate topic is vague, but I think you are saying that Homosexuals are just as bad as murderers.

I think I can end this debate in one short awnser.

"Sin is sin ok its no like 1 there is stealing then there is killing then there is gay people. No, sin is sin."

You claim that homosexuals are just as bad as murderers because they have sinned. While I agree "sin is sin", couldn't you also say calling your sister a childish name is as bad as murder by your logic?

I do not agree with homosexuality and yes I do think it is a sin. I DO NOT think it comparible with murder. The Bible says in Romans 3:23 that,"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God". I am sure you have committed sins in your life as I have. It doesn't make us comparible to murderers does it?

"When God whiped put a whole nation because one of the major reasons is that they were gay. That city was Sadamn and Gammora."

God destroyed Sodom and Gammorrah for a number of reasons. One was possibly homosexuality. Other reasons included the general wickedness which had prompted the Lord to send angels to the city to investigate in the first place; because the people of Sodom had tried to rape the angels; and the city was destroyed for inhospitable treatment of visitors sent from the Lord. You don't know exactly why God destroyed Sodom and Gammorrah so please refrain from making assumptions.

"God hatse the sinfulness of gay people just as much as he hates the sinfulness of a murderer."

Yes he does, he also hates the sinfulness of somone who cheats on their test as much as a murderer. Once again you wouldn't compare this to murder.

I don't think there is much else left to be said.

Like I have said previously, I don't agree with homosexual behavior and I do agree it is sin, but I don't see how you can compare this to someone who takes the life of another individual.
patriots16-0

Pro

Revelation 21:8 (New International Version)
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the MURDERERS, the SEXUALLY IMMORAL, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Before we start I hope that me and you can both agree that SEXUALLY IMMORAL is refering to rapists, porn adicts, perverts, AND HOMOSEXUALS. That should be clear to you because the verse below is comparing sexually immoral people to Homosexuals now that we are clear on that I will begin my argument.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

Revelation 21:8 clearly states that gays are compared to murders those who practice magic ect. It is making all the sinful acts equal because all those acts are deserving of the same death. (Lake of Fire) Homosexualism is a horrid sin and it has been accepted into days society. Im sorry my response is short but at the same time there is allot in it I cant say much because the Bible speaks for itself.

I look forward to your next argument.
goldspurs

Con

Well, I am very disappointed my opponent did not respond to my points.

"It is making all the sinful acts equal because all those acts are deserving of the same death."

The only thing you said that might make sense. ALL sins are equal in God's eyes. In that sense yes murder is comparible to homosexuality, but so is homosexuality comparible to arguing with your mother.

If you fail to address my points from previous arguments I do not know if I can continue this debate.

You say be a homosexual is just as repulsive as a mass murderer, does that also mean you think there should be capital punishment for homosexuals? I see you are for the death penalty. If you believe murderers should be put to death why not homosexuals? Or how about people that cheat on their test? Or what about the kid who stole a candy bar from the corner store? They have all sinned and according to God there is no diffrence. Right?
patriots16-0

Pro

patriots16-0 forfeited this round.
goldspurs

Con

Not much to say to that. Stupid one hundred characters. ......................................................................
patriots16-0

Pro

patriots16-0 forfeited this round.
goldspurs

Con

Hopefully he forfeited the debate due to a change of heart. I don't see how anyone could actually believe this crap.
Posted by Cg09 8 years ago
Cg09
the subject matter? you said "Christians" as in the general belief of all have to say that being gay is as bad as murder. Um...since no Christian is under the Mosaic Law, the Jews are, then no it doesn't. If you knew anything about this subject then maybe you wouldn't have debated it in the first place.
Posted by mmadderom 8 years ago
mmadderom
"and mmadderom were not under the Mosaic Law anymore so it doesn't matter whether or not it violates one of the Ten commandments"

Considering the subject matter of this debate it most certainly does matter.
Posted by Cg09 8 years ago
Cg09
and mmadderom were not under the Mosaic Law anymore so it doesn't matter whether or not it violates one of the Ten commandments
Posted by Cg09 8 years ago
Cg09
this kid is nuts for putting the level of being homosexual to that of taking the life of an individual....and apparently he didn't understand the bible text he used to justify his ridiculous argument in round 2. Sexual immorality applies not only to homosexuals, but look at the definition of sexual immorality, its anyone engaging in intercourse before marriage not just homosexuals. Also just because its grouped with other descriptions of practices that are considered wrong doesn't make them equal.
Posted by Logos 9 years ago
Logos
How exactly a victimless, consensual act is considered a sin I have no idea. And on par with murder, no less.

Patriots, you bailed on this debate and never looked twice at the one you challenged me to. Please do not start debates if you cannot keep up with them.
Posted by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
wow! toria_2metal you talk ofley lot about God for someone who doesn't believe in him. Great debate, goldspurs! I really like your last round. Ha-ha
Posted by gonovice 9 years ago
gonovice
geez, true conservative, it's like i'm in church or something, or hell.
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
being gay is NOT a sin.
its who a person is. god put us here to be who we are. and if someone is gay then so be it, god still accepts them and so should be.
Posted by true_conservative 9 years ago
true_conservative
Leviiticus 18:22 (NLT) Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin.

How much clearer can you get?

And Blonde guy, its not what I would want or what Patriots would want. We don't decide what sin is. Only God decides that.
Posted by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
patriots, would you rather i kill your mother or i marry a man?
Vote Placed by Rob1Billion 8 years ago
Rob1Billion
patriots16-0goldspursTied
Vote Placed by Logos 9 years ago
Logos
patriots16-0goldspursTied
Vote Placed by Kals 9 years ago
Kals
patriots16-0goldspursTied
Vote Placed by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
patriots16-0goldspursTied
Vote Placed by JackDempsey0305 9 years ago
JackDempsey0305
patriots16-0goldspursTied
Vote Placed by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
patriots16-0goldspursTied
Vote Placed by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
patriots16-0goldspursTied
Vote Placed by gonovice 9 years ago
gonovice
patriots16-0goldspursTied
Vote Placed by MarxistKid 9 years ago
MarxistKid
patriots16-0goldspursTied
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
patriots16-0goldspursTied