if you imaigne it to get the answer, you might aswell imagine the opposite

So, the resolution states that "if you imaigne it to get the answer, you might aswell imagine the opposite"

For my arguments, I will be using an example to prove my opponent wrong. But before I use my example, let me point out that the resolution is incoherent due to the sub par grammar that is taking place and the lack of a connection between the first part of the statement (Corrected version: If you imagine something to get the answer) and the second part of the statement (you might as well imagine the opposite.)

My Example:

Let's say that I am taking a test. I have a specific question that I have to answer.

The question reads "An apple falls from a tree and hits the ground. What force causes this process?"

This is not a multiple choice question, but rather, a question where you have to right down the answer.

Based on your resolution, I have two options in mind:

1) Answer "gravity" because that's what I believe what the answer is.

2) Answer the opposite, which I believe would be normal force.

Your logic is telling me that I should answer "normal force" because I don't think this is the answer.

First of all, people shouldn't be required to answer what they think is incorrect, seeing as that is requiring them to try the worst and can lower the grade of that person.
Second of all, choosing the answer you personally feel is correct is using your common sense, which will make you more likely to get the answer correct.

So overall, answering what you imagine is the best answer is a better method to answering something that imagining the oppposite of what you think is correct, because you are more likely to be wrong in that sense, and shouldn't be any sort of requirement, seeing as my opponent said "for sure" in his 1st round, I can assume that means we should "for sure" imagine the opposite of the answer.

maybe some one kicked it of the tree with some advanced kick, maybe not

my point is they are both imaginary, tell me this, which force caused the apple to fall?

"maybe some one kicked it of the tree with some advanced kick, maybe not"

I never stated that there was a kick, and you saying "maybe not" basically makes your point moot.

"my point is they are both imaginary, tell me this, which force caused the apple to fall?"

But common sense is used for one of those imaginary thoughts. And if you have to ask the question, then you cannot refute the answer. You have to show that imagining the opposite of what you believe is the answer is the better method of answering, and you didn't.
Posted by whiteflame 9 months ago
>Reported vote: TheResistance// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Con (S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con was the one who i agreed with in the end, and had better arguments.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain S&G. (2) This is not an RFD, merely a restatement of the decision.
Posted by vi_spex 9 months ago
Posted by BlazingRodent 9 months ago
Lol I know. I had to try my best on the debating master.
Posted by vi_spex 9 months ago
there is no answer.. because the apple falling is not true
Posted by vi_spex 9 months ago
dosnt mention it in the bible
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
I like the dude on con lol
Posted by vi_spex 9 months ago
legit attempt
Vote Placed by Mikal 9 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: vi spex is god