Lookingatissues
retrovision

if you wanted to wreck/ destroy, a country.

Lookingatissues

Pro

Societies /nations, develop and flourish for a while and then as in life's cycle, end, to be written about as the once powerful Rome of ancient times has been recorded. Has America's enemies slipped a trojan-horse inside the gates of America, its government, its educational institutions,just awaiting the appointed time to attack from within the nation and bring the country to its final destruction. A former Governor of Colorado, once gave a speech which has been titled," Eight Steps To Destroy America."
"......Dick Lamm .....former Governor of Colorado.....his thoughts are particularly poignant. The former governor said.
"Last week there was an immigration-overpopulation conference in Washington, DC, filled to capacity by many of American's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor named Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, Mexifornia, explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal - was destroying the entire state of California. He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream." He said, "If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America. It is not that hard to do."
"Here is how they do it," Lamm said: (First) ;"Turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bi-cultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual."
Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentrically and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.'" Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural sub-groups living in America reinforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities."
I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."
"I would place all subjects off limits ~ make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate."
"Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-culturism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' (Eighth:) I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America , it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant sympatric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them." if you wanted to wreck... destroy, a country, how would you do it, it seems like Dick Lamm .....former Governor of Colorado had something when he expressed his thoughts on how to destroy America.
What would be your ideas on how to destroy this country if that was what you wished to do. Perhaps you might think that you don't have to lend a hand in destroying America, as there's already a enemy within who is doing a find job of destroying America already.
Quotes taken from
MainPage
http://www.rense.com......
retrovision

Con

There is no American culture to corrupt or diffuse. The culture is different from towns 5 miles apart. Sometimes the cultures have no geographic distinctions at all. Some of our immigrants are criminals. It's probably 4X our numbers. But that's still a whole lot of immigrants more or less minding their own business, which is the main principle of American values.
Lookingatissues

Pro

You responded,"There is no American culture to corrupt or diffuse."
Defining Culture , from the web page," Livescience"
"American Culture: Traditions and Customs of the United States"
by Kim Ann Zimmermann, Live Science Contributor | January 15, 2015
Definding Culture:
American culture encompasses the customs and traditions of the United States. "Culture encompasses religion, food, what we wear, how we wear it, our language, marriage, music, what we believe is right or wrong, how we sit at the table, how we greet visitors, how we behave with loved ones, and a million other things," said Cristina De Rossi, an anthropologist at Barnet and Southgate College in London.
So by this definition given above, America has a culture of its own.
"....The term Western culture often refers broadly to the cultures of the United States and Europe. ...."
"American as apple pie" has come to mean something that is authentically American"
American holidays....."celebrated only in the United States...."
".....Many holidays are celebrated only in the United States..."
".....Many holidays are celebrated only in the United States. Americans celebrate their independence from Britain on July 4. Memorial Day, celebrated on the last Monday in May, honors those who have died in military service. Labor Day, observed on the first Monday in September, celebrates country"s workforce. Thanksgiving, another distinctive American holiday, falls on the fourth Thursday in November and dates back to colonial times to celebrate the harvest. Presidents" Day, marking the birthdays of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, is a federal holiday that occurs on the third Monday in February. The contributions of veterans are honored on Veterans" Day, observed on Nov. 11. The contributions of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. are remembered on the third Monday in January."
European culture is the base Culture of America, Immigrants have added their cultural influence to American culture but theirs is only an minuscule addition, not a elimination of America's own national culture,
The Question that I asked was,"..if you wanted to wreck/ destroy, a country, and so your response drifted away from the topic question although the flooding of foreign aliens could be considered one way to bring about the wrecking/ destruction, and dissolution of America as a nation.
retrovision

Con

I'm gonna have Chinese Food for Christmas and I'm sure civilization will not end. Will the US culture change because immigrants came in? It has before. Is that the end of the world? It hasn't been.
Lookingatissues

Pro

You posted,"...."I'm gonna have Chinese Food for Christmas..."
... You are what you eat From "The Phrase Finder"
"In an essay titled Concerning Spiritualism and Materialism, 1863/4, Ludwig Andreas Feuerbach wrote: "Der Mensch ist, was er i"t."
"That translates into English as 'man is what he eats'." So if you eat "Chinese food..." Does that then make you a Chinese, not American?
What will bring a country to its end is if many of its inhabitants are Americans in name only who's loyalty is still with the foreign nation from which they came while partaking parasitically of all that a host country had to offer and then refuse to adopt the language traditions , the culture, of the country that allowed them to benefit from the opportunities that country had to offer.
parasite: (in ancient Greece)" a person who received free meals in return for amusing or impudent conversation...."
retrovision

Con

I'm 52 and my life was radically different than my father, as his life was radically different from his fathers. We are still here. If I was going to look for a civilization ending event right now, it would be our FIAT money. It's got to bite us. I don't think immigrants will destroy our country. That would take us.