bluesmokey115115
Commondebator

illegal immigrants SHOULD be brought back accross the border and be incarcerated

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner

bluesmokey115115

Pro

Over the past decade it is obvious that countless of illegal aliens have crossed our borders with means of "having a better life." By crossing that border what are they impending on honest tax paying American citizens?
A. Higher taxes to support USFG organizations
- Puts pressure on US economy
- Takes away from police officers, city workers that make our life the American lifestyle
B. Possibility of terrorism
- If any Mexican citizen what keeps away the ISIS agents and the Al Qaeda terrorists groups
- Makes it that much easier for another 9/11 or Boston bombing
C. Transport of disease
- diseases are much more open to spreading into the country
- another instance of the Ebola entering into US recently
D. Higher cartel activity-
- with such an open border, drugs, money, and violence, can enter at a very high rate
- puts more drugs on the streets makes it harder for law enforcement, and easier for our youth to obtain

By removing these aliens and bringing them to justice in their own country of origin, it will help us secure our borders, our freedom, and our families.
Commondebator

Con

My opponent has not given any evidence based on the statements of A, B, C, and D.

My Case:

Upon investigation, it seems like my opponent objects the fact that immigrants come here for having a better life, based in the quotation provided. My opponent further argues (without sources) about the possibility of terrorism, transport of disease, and higher Cartel activity. My arguments would be that immigrants are not so threatening as described, and they really do come here for better life.

I. Congress irrationally restricted the number of immigrant visas for Mexicans.
The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 prohibited unskilled Mexican laborers from receiving Legal Permanent Resident visas. Ignoring the high demand in the U.S for the laborers, and the large number of unskilled Mexican laborers. Not surprisingly, the number of immigrants from 1965-1970 tripled.

II. Long Immigration waits
The state department reports that Mexican Immigrants who are now being processed have a 18 year waiting list. When, it is much easier to get to the U.S when you can simply cross the border, sometimes by foot.

III. The threat of punishment does not dissuade illegal immigrants.
According to a study, one of the strongest noneconomic determinants of intentions to migrate illegally is whether people have friends or family members who have tried to cross illegally into the United States. A vast majority says it is ok to disobey the law, when no one is agreeing with it (78%). However, 55% agreed that disobeying the law is sometimes justified. This shows how unauthorized migrants justify their violation of U.S. immigration law, and how such justifications might make noncompliance with this particular law possible among otherwise law-abiding individuals. If the punishment to law wouldn't affect the number of immigrants, whats the point of taking them back and incarcerating them?

Rebuttals:

"another instance of the Ebola entering into US recently"
My opponent seems to be implying that illegal immigration can stop the Ebola. That is false. The Ebola is there because legal immigrants from Africa have affected some people in America.

Although, the other possibilities of consequence for illegal immigrants cannot be argued against, my main argument is that not ALL illegal immigrants should be incarcerated.

Sources: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
http://www.cdc.gov...
http://www.deseretnews.com...
bluesmokey115115

Pro

bluesmokey115115 forfeited this round.
Commondebator

Con

I have no argument or rebuttals to present, due to the fact my opponent has forfeited.

I hold my previous argument, and since my opponent has not replied, I assume he has no objection to what I have said.

Nevertheless, I hope my opponent is ok, and will be looking forward for a late argument in the comment section.
bluesmokey115115

Pro

bluesmokey115115 forfeited this round.
Commondebator

Con

Again, my argument rests.
bluesmokey115115

Pro

bluesmokey115115 forfeited this round.
Commondebator

Con

Unfortunately, I have nothing to say.
bluesmokey115115

Pro

bluesmokey115115 forfeited this round.
Commondebator

Con

Nothing to say, for the last 4 rounds.

A major disappointment.