Katarina
Koopin

illegal immigrants should have paths of citizenship

Koopin
Started: 9/11/2012 Category: Economics

Katarina

Pro

Immigrants are just as important as us, or any other person for that matter! They Contribute alot to our society! They work in horrible condions for very cheap labors and still have to pay high taxes. And they do more work than regualar day americans.
Koopin

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate. It should be pretty short.

Pro says that these people are just as important as us, however he fails to say why. I will await his explanation in round two.

Pro says they should have a clear path of citizenship, yet does not explain exactly what that means.

A major flaw in his argument is the statement "They work in horrible condi(ti)ons for very cheap labors and still have to pay high taxes."

That makes no since. Lots of Illegals don't pay all the taxes they would have to pay if they were legal. Also, just because someone is legal does not mean they don't have to work in these same environments. I fail to see how this helps Pro.

I ask my opponent to elaborate before we go any further. I'd like to see if this debate is worth it before writing an in depth response.

Katarina

Pro

They are also treated very poorly! You see, most immigrants are Mexican or latinoes. People are very racial to those kinds of color. People call them very rude names that all have to do with there color.
Koopin

Con

I thank my opponent for his response. As the audience can see, he has failed to respond to my questions. He has the BOP.I will make a petite argument just for the sake of winning. Illegal immigrants should not have paths of citizenship because then they will have to pay a lot in taxes with very low paying jobs. It is better for them to stay illegal so that they may get through the system without having the United States take their money. Also, they would most likely get on welfare, which would throw the USA into even deeper debt than it is. The United States can not afford anymore debt. (1)

By the way, this is not the responce I'd use in a real debate. I am just making a simple arguement that won't be responded to properly.

(1). www.usdebtclock.org
Katarina

Pro

Katarina forfeited this round.
Koopin

Con

Koopin forfeited this round.
Posted by sadolite 4 years ago
sadolite
They do have a path, It's called go to the back of the line and and wait to go through the legal process just like everyone else. Unless of course the rule of law has no meaning then you can just arbitrarily pick and choose who gets to come and who doesn't using any number of arbitrary reasons. I believe the later is the currently used path.
Posted by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
Indeed. I was about to write out a long response.
Posted by Double_R 4 years ago
Double_R
"I ask my opponent to elaborate before we go any further. I'd like to see if this debate is worth it before writing an in depth response."

Good move. After R2 the answer is obvious.
Posted by Katarina 4 years ago
Katarina
vote 4 my side!
Posted by Katarina 4 years ago
Katarina
Would you like to join!?
Vote Placed by baggins 4 years ago
baggins
KatarinaKoopinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not debate.
Vote Placed by KuriouserNKuriouser 4 years ago
KuriouserNKuriouser
KatarinaKoopinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con showed that Pro needed to develop her claims in order to make them a relevant argument. She failed to do this. Con was the only one who made a relevant argument and Pro failed to respond.