Dustbunny120
Daktoria

illegal immigrants shouldn't be given tuition assistance for college

Dustbunny120

Pro

I personally do not believe that illegal immigrants should receive college tuition assistance. They are here illegally and it is very unfair for the people that are going through the admitting process to be apart of the country and for the American people in general. They should have to wait in line like everyone else. Our own citizens cant afford college, but yet we have money to give to illegal immigrants. Our troops have suspended tuition assistance, but we can give them money? I don't have a problem with people coming to this country to try and live a better life. I don't care what race you are. I don't care what the color of your skin is. If you do things the right and fair way, I do not have a problem with them receiving financial aid for college, but if you are going to come here illegally, then I do not agree that you should receive the aid.
Daktoria

Con

To be clear, before I start, I want to say I personally sympathize with Pro's situation. I'll be arguing as a devil's advocate so my opponent can warm up and actually argue appropriately. That said, no punches will be pulled. I expect this to become a very ugly debate by the end. Please be warned. Do not feel humiliated. I'm arguing this so you can stand up for yourself.

-----End of Warning-----

While it is important to remember that our soldiers defend our country, it is likewise important to remember that our country is built upon immigration. Those who protect and serve need to remember what they protect and serve. They should also feel good about being helpful instead of expecting compensation for everything they do. Who they are helping comes first. This means enabling immigrants who become productive members of civilian life unlike the soldiers who needed to enlist in military life in order to become productive. If anyone deserves to be prioritized, it's those immigrants, illegal or not, who have directly contributed to our economy instead of sapping salaries away from the civilian economy.

Whether Pro wants to admit to it or not, he is effectively racist because he's taking resources away from those who deserve a better life and are aspiring for the American Dream, many of whom who just "coincidentally" come from the same Hispanic origin. Military personnel gave up their opportunity to assimilate into civilian life. Now it's someone else's turn. That doesn't give military personnel the right to take it back. Furthermore, illegal immigrants have contributed handily to our economy's well being in turns of agriculture and construction not to mention how many of them have extensive social networks of honest contributors to society. It's a shame that military personnel, many of whom come from traditional families themselves, seek to split the traditions of fellow hardworking Americans.

Pro has also failed to provide an alternative mechanism for dealing with illegal immigrant naturalization. On the other hand, natives should be ashamed that they don't live in circumstances as bad as illegal immigrants. It could be worse for them. They should be grateful for what they have.
Dustbunny120

Pro

Dustbunny120 forfeited this round.
Dustbunny120

Pro

Dustbunny120 forfeited this round.
Dustbunny120

Pro

Dustbunny120 forfeited this round.