vi_spex
Berend

imagination is the opposite of logic, illogical

vi_spex

Pro

cause and effect is logic
Berend

Con

I accept. Imagination is not the opposite of logic.

[Definition]

1) Logic - A reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity. [1]

2) Imagination - The faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses. [2]

=============

Imagination is not the opposite of logic and is quite arguably the very part of needed to preform such task like logic in beings such as homo sapiens. Burden of proof is on Pro to prove how it is. Burden of proof is on me to prove otherwise.

=================

Cited Sources

=================

1) Logic - http://www.merriam-webster.com...

2) Imagintion - http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...

vi_spex

Pro

reason is the opposite of logic, logic is true, matter is logic

so how do you create the logic that its not healthy for you to eat a poisonous mushroom?
Berend

Con

Reason is not the opposite of logic. Reason is the power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic. [1] So by that, logic and reason are things used to think critically. Your imagination is used to picture and model and see how thing would or would not happen. Some people will imagine if they died or life without them and all other means like that and that is how they come to the understanding what it could be like. It can be foolish, but very logical at the same time. It's how it is used.

How do I create the logic? Well since I have no professional knowledge on poison berries, so I would use my logic by using reason if everything seems safe or not. Has it had berries possibly eaten and any dead animals or bodies near by? What does it look like on the inside? Does it look like anything you know of? That is using logic to preform reasoned thinking. I can use my imagination to picture berries I do know and compare what I think it is with what I see.

Therefor, logic, reason and imagination are aspects that are all the same and different. It's how it is applied that determines if it is good or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Cited Work
~~~~~~~~~~~

1) http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
vi_spex

Pro

mr vague.

eat a poisonous mushroom in your mind, and when you are done and havnt died tell me about it
Berend

Con

I ate one, and nothing happened. Because it wouldn't affect me in real life nor do I 100% know the effects of said poison. Fails to disprove my point.
vi_spex

Pro

try imagine superman eating a poisonous mushroom

there is no said poison its an example..

if you are in a room with 2 chairs and you can only sit on the chairs, do you sit on the chair that is glowing red hot and almost melting? or the normal chair, which is logical
Berend

Con

What does superman, a being who uses photosynthesis, have to do with humans? And I would sit on the normal chair, it be logical unless the red one was just ain't and not hot, since these are metal chairs. What is the area? Is it freezing cold or average or hot outside? It would be more logical for the normal chair in normal weather since the normal chair wont be a cold piece of metal (since you said glowing and melting, therefor they would be metal), and that logic comes from being able to envision it in my head, therefor you seem to be making a question that favors my side.

Please explain how imagination is not logic and is the opposite.
vi_spex

Pro

it is illogical to eat a deadly poisonous mushroom, why
Berend

Con

I will close with saying I have used definitions and examples to explain quite simply that the words are not opposites and can be used with one another for results that benefit people. Pro, however, has failed to answer my question, sufficiently defend himself and as such, I hope I have made my case clear. Vote Con.
Posted by lol101 2 years ago
lol101
The "v" in vi_spex stands for vague.

and.....

The "i" stands for incomprehensible.

The "s" stands for spontaneous (random arguments)

The "p" stands for poisonous mushroom (he always makes up his logic and is full of it)

The "e" stands for excruciatingly bad

The "x" stands for "Xtroadinarily Strange"
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
you gotta admit its vague, or else you are vague
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
find out*
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
i could do it whenever i could
Posted by Berend 2 years ago
Berend
You could.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
i guess i could know
Posted by Berend 2 years ago
Berend
Sure, but I do not think you know what vague means.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
alright, but i knew you could join or not before you said it, totally vague :)
Posted by Berend 2 years ago
Berend
"Could" is simply an open acknowledgement at the possibility and questioning my willingness to take your debate up or if it's not worth it and ignore it. You know what one I might do. One or the other. at is like essentially the opposite of vague. lol I guess I'll take it up then.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
i mean "could" is vague

at the point of should, is when you begin to really fear my arguments