ojmartinez25
Partyboat

immigration

ojmartinez25

Pro

I think that all immigration people all the same like the US citizen. They are not roppers,or killers. I also tink that we should open the border with all central,and southern latin americans. We are like brother or sisters with them.
Immigration people are hardworker like us. They change this country to a better place to live. Even our 4 founding fathers are immigrate too.
Partyboat

Con

I think you are totally wrong on this issue.

1) I agree not all illegal immigrants are rapists or murderers. Most are somewhat innocent people who want to live in a country better for them, and I can sympathize with that, but rapists and illegal immigrants have one thing in common. What they have in common is that they both broke the law. Regardless of one may be more severe or cruel then the other they both broke the law, and need to be punished for it.

2) We should not open our borders to Central and South America. This cause loads of problems. The first problem is National Security. If we open our borders anyone may enter, and this can cause more terrorists to enter our country. We need to keep our borders secured to keep our citizens safe. Also I hardly consider Central and South America our brothers and sisters. Maybe long lost and forgotten 3rd cousin....

3) Also it doesn't matter that they are hard workers, I don't see how that helps your argument. Also they days our founding fathers came and founded this land, and present day are two totally different ideas.
ojmartinez25

Pro

For your information I am a hispanic boy who my parent are from el salvador and mexico. You should not judge a book from its cover. That mean that you should not treat immigrate bad because you don't like people to talk aout your culture. I am a proud HISPANIC BOY!!!!!!!! The only people that are not immagrate are the native americans in this country. Rapists and illegal immigrants are not the same. Illegal immigratts just want to work in this country and have a better life. Rapist are nasty people you break the law and rape little boys,or girls.
Partyboat

Con

First off, I don't care if you are Hispanic or German. You telling me that you are hispanic boy, really doesn't affect mine or your argument.

Second off, "You should not judge a book from its cover. That mean that you should not treat immigrate bad because you don't like people to talk aout your culture." I didn't judge you in anyway. Also I didn't talk bad about any culture. Also I know the Native Americans are the only true natives to this country, but it is the US Government land now.

Thirdly, rapists and illegal immigrants are in the same boat. They both committed a crime. What isn't the same there. I will agree there are differences but, there are similarities of the two.

My fourth and final point is it doesn't matter is illegal immigrants want better lives. We all want to better our lives in one way or another, but you need to respect the laws currently put in place. Think about if we opened our borders, and tons of people poured in our country. There would be economic destruction. Our country is already in huge debt, we can't support that onslaught of people coming into our country.
ojmartinez25

Pro

If all of the illegal immigrant that make up 5% of the american population were gone tomorrow, accordingly about 5% of jobs would be left empty tomorrow. all of these niches would be UNFULFILLED. it is important that we not just send them all away. in fact, you admit this yourself by claiming that there is a problem because they take a lot of Jose from americans. on subject: you back up your argument by saying "the illegal immigrant our taking jobs from our impoverished that would love the job." anytime that anyone ever takes a job, they are destroying the hypothetical opportunity for another to have that job.
these immigrants came here for reason. they came hereto make money because where they came from they were surrounded by poverty. they deserve those jobs, just as much as the next impoverished guy. most illegal immigrants are certainly in poverty.

a problem with your solution that I would like to throw out now, is this:
a large amount of illegal immigrant come here and then have children. these children are natural citizens. tell me:
would you only deport the parents, leaving the children to be orphans, or would you deport the children too, who never broke any laws, are natural citizens, and who you would be putting them in a state of poverty? this is only one of many examples of the various complexities of a project of this magnitude and impact
Partyboat

Con

I am tired your false accusations. I never said about Americans losing jobs. You have a weak argument and you are trying to change the words I say.

Also it is unrealistic to say all the illegal immigrants just got up and left in one day. That would never happen, and would be an impossible feat.

Also your argument:

"a large amount of illegal immigrant come here and then have children. these children are natural citizens. tell me:
would you only deport the parents, leaving the children to be orphans, or would you deport the children too, who never broke any laws, are natural citizens, and who you would be putting them in a state of poverty? this is only one of many examples of the various complexities of a project of this magnitude and impact"

First of all, I don't think that should be a law. I don't think if you are born in the US or any of its territories you should automatically become a US citizen. It should be if one or more of your parents are US citizens you become one. That would eliminate that problem right off the bat. But since that is not the case it should be the parents decision. It should be the parents decision on whether or not they stay or go with them.
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
Martinez, please, I do not mind you using my words....just so long as you make it clear that they are MY words. You could quote me, if you like. It is not fair to copy and paste from another debate if you don't make it clear to the voters that you did not write it.
Posted by RepublicanView333 9 years ago
RepublicanView333
ojmartinez's round3 arguement was copied and pasted from my debate...anyone else wonder why id didn't make sense
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
I am not against immigration and I am not racist , I am against ILLEGAL immigration. My husband came here legally , is serving in the US Army and becoming a US citizen when he comes home on R&R in March. His aunt paid money to get his family sponsored from Scotland , he had to wait months to come here , had to follow all the red tape , so yes I am upset when people just walk in. My grandmother camer here legally from Ireland. Many people come here legally , so why should others just be able to walk in ... I dont care what country you are from , you need to come through the right channels or you shouldnt be allowed in ...
Posted by ojmartinez25 9 years ago
ojmartinez25
We immigrants just want to find a job, feed our family, survive, find a better life. Why can't they just let us through, there's nothing wrong with that. Is it racial problems? we cant be racist cause there's basicly only hispanics in my country. There's not many other race, so how could I be racist? Your point of view is towards an American. You need to look at an immigrants perspective point of view.
Posted by TheMasterBrask 9 years ago
TheMasterBrask
still, since he did not clarify, he therefore forfeits anyhow and you win.
Posted by Partyboat 9 years ago
Partyboat
I assumed he was talking about illegal immigrants. He also talks about illegal immigrants in his one turn. Also since he didn't correct me, I also assumed I was right, and continued with illegal immigrants.
Posted by TheMasterBrask 9 years ago
TheMasterBrask
Your topic of "immigration" is too broad and does not specify what part of immigration, therefore there should be no winner.
Posted by Conspicuous_Conservative 9 years ago
Conspicuous_Conservative
Look at the way Mexicans treat Guatemalans and you go preach for Guatemalan rights in Mexico
Conspicuous_Conservative
My mom is a legal immigrant and it has been a lengthy process to come into the nation legally so I have no sympathy for cheaters of any kind
Posted by RepublicanView333 9 years ago
RepublicanView333
Illegal Immigrants no matter there reason here broke the law to be here so use my solution,;

Build a Giant catapult. make a all gold bucket inscribe with RepublicanView. Then throw a dollar in the bucket and watch all the illegals flock in and then cut the cord...bye bye illegals
Vote Placed by Capt.Herp 9 years ago
Capt.Herp
ojmartinez25PartyboatTied
Vote Placed by fenderjazzerguy 9 years ago
fenderjazzerguy
ojmartinez25PartyboatTied
Vote Placed by Alex_Edwards 9 years ago
Alex_Edwards
ojmartinez25PartyboatTied
Vote Placed by jwebb893 9 years ago
jwebb893
ojmartinez25PartyboatTied
Vote Placed by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
ojmartinez25PartyboatTied
Vote Placed by jathan 9 years ago
jathan
ojmartinez25PartyboatTied
Vote Placed by moderate84 9 years ago
moderate84
ojmartinez25PartyboatTied
Vote Placed by tjzimmer 9 years ago
tjzimmer
ojmartinez25PartyboatTied
Vote Placed by ojmartinez25 9 years ago
ojmartinez25
ojmartinez25PartyboatTied
Vote Placed by adamh 9 years ago
adamh
ojmartinez25PartyboatTied