fo-shizzle
Mech

impromtu

fo-shizzle

Pro

If any of you dont know what impromtu is, let me explain before i tell you the rules.
Impromtu is basically a speech writing category, choosing out of three topics the judge gives you. you have to choose one of these topics, and write an inspirational speech about it.
For example: The judge just gave me three topics.
1.baloon
2.Bird
3.toe nail clippers
I choose number one. "to reach great heights in life, you must be like a ballon. Growing bigger and bigger to reach your highest potential and achieve great heights in life....." etc

ok now that you all understand what impromtu is, here are the rules this round will be posted on.
1:all speeches must exceed at least 3,000 characters.
2:all debaters must have fun in this round and be curteous, for this is not a debate, but a spech arts category.

ready?
Here are your first three topics to choose from.
1:baseball bat
2:speakers
3:stapler

You now choose one of these topics, write a short speech about how they apply to life, then give me three topics for the next round. We will be voted on who is a better speech writer.
Thankyou all and please accept this debate.
Mech

Con

[Stapler]

Staplers are the machines that bind together sheets of paper, similarly, love is like a stapler and its staples together people. One can bring together all their important qualities, their emotions, their desires and focus on binding all these qualities to another person or people - stapling, binding hearts and souls, the paper of who we are. We are driven by love, 'stapled' as it were, to another person to share what we already have, the already existent paper in our lives. This binding brings together, creates a union, one that can be taken back, undone but it always leaves a hole, damage, a tear on the emotions - on the soul of the ones now parted. Our emotions are never the same, the holes left are permanent and we try and remember they are in the corners of ours souls, at the corner of our being; we can overcome this, its just a scratch. This supposed scratch can be seen by many, it lingers and exists even though we think they disappeared from our lives, our paper. We try and re-staple our lives together again and realize the pages we lost, the binding of our soul is gone, love is gone. We live in a world of people torn, scratched and lingering in the limbo of desperation trying to recover what they once had, their paper and this staple mark of bind love. Another staple could fix it but the danger always seems too overwhelming real - we ponder the two holes in our heart and mind. We procrastinate, feel the little tears at the corner of our souls, or being, our missing love.

This machine strikes us all, it nips us in the side and we think we will be okay, we can handle this, then suddenly we have it ripped away, taken because the pages conflict, the story doesn't flow, it can never be fulfilled. As we un-staple the pages of our soul and ponder the depth that was once apparent in this fantasy book we notice the depth of our injuries, the staple marks everywhere we turn - the things we tried to ignore.

There is another danger to this fractured fantasy, this broken book - the ripping left a staple in one and the other is left alone. This staple sticks in the corner of our papers, our soul, fragments of what used to be, what was, where we were before, memories. These memories haunt us, we are attached to the torn fragments of pages, but only enough to make out a few words of this passed passage, love. Your staple is still there, your love is still there, but you reminisce about the missing pages, you still love the pages, your heart and mind still revolve around this staple, these memories. We strive to piece back the missing pages, even write a new word on what was. We pretend we love this word, incorporate it into new pages but we always recognize the throbbing pain of this staple, this irritating baggage and yet our deepest love. I urge you all to remember our pages are many, we only have one story and one shot to allow the stapler to let forth one staple. Read the pages of another carefully before you staple yourself with the stapler of love.

[Please excuse any errors in this piece, I wrote it very quickly while multi-tasking. Hopefully this is what you wanted as a reply as well]
fo-shizzle

Pro

very good speech mech. very inspiring. In essence, it is all very true. yes that was exactly what I was looking for in a reply, if not more. good job. I think you have forgotten to give me three topics to choose from though. but oh well, I shall just choose one of the three I gave you to begin with. him... lets see, how about 'speakers'?

"speaker"

How many of us live are lives in the dark? how many of us go through our day to day lives just 'surviving'? Not involved in anything in particular, and just getting through? You'd be surprised to know that quite a few do. You also might be surprised that you may be one of these individuals. If you do not know yet where I am going with this let me give you an example: Some friendly person meets you and greets you. you give them nothing but a simple reply and continue on drearily through your day.
I would like you all to know that the only way to get anywhere in life is to have efficient speaking skills. this person that you incoherently dismissed from your life, could have done great things for your life. how many of these 'random' people, turn out to be future spouses, or great friends? every time you dismiss these situations you are perhaps giving up a great opportunity.
By not being a good speaker, you turn your life into boring nutshells where alot of people like to be 'uninvolved'. I am sure you all know someone(if you are not that some one) who spends the majority of their days by their lonesome or uninvolved with society. And you probably also notice that these people are not exceptionally happy with their lives. But what some of them don't know, is that they don't have to be deniably miserable. Just by speaking up you can change someone's whole life. A simple hello to start a conversation, which leads into a friendship. Or simply complimenting a stranger. You may not think the compliment was of any interest, but you could have made some ones day just by simply being 'involved'.
You could be a stapler(as mech says in above speech) to someone's life. Be part of society. speak up and do the world some good. How do you think good speaking candidates such as barrack obama or john McCain etc got in elections? certainly not by keeping to themselves. They had an idea that they could do good for America, so they put use to their speaking skills and look where it's gotten them in life. They are highly respected people who have gotten somewhere in life. They have an imediant goal, and have put it to use. This is what we as people need to do.
We need to make ourselves a part of society. This can be accomplished by simply being alive. We all need you do what we can do to be part of something great. doing this not only help yourself but others too.
wasting your life being a pushover WILL NOT get you anywhere you will find out. I would once again like to remind every to me a good speaker for yourself and society. Because you CAN choose the direction of your life. You can mold and shape it however you please once you have just obtained enough speaking skills to do so.
thankyou.
1. rubber band
2.pencil
3. the number 2
Mech

Con

Nice piece :) Sorry about the topic confusion, but I will continue on now.

[The number two]

"It takes two to tango"; well, as the saying suggest it takes more than one person to achieve something extravagant or worthwhile. Relationships of marriage [in majority] revolve around two persons, creating a marital arrangement of love. Its hard to love yourself, you need a partner to share the joy - though some narcissistic or metrosexuals may object this proclamation. Our finest intimate hours are usually spent with another as a couple. Many ideas and conceptual arrangements flow around the mechanism of diametric opposites or two different forces and yet they are balanced - Taoism's Yin and Yang for example. We also have other dualistic philosophical tendencies abounding amongst many cultures. Religiously we have God and Satan, Heaven and Hell etc.

The number two denotes companionship, a treasured union for many. It can be the start of new life, new beginning through the joint union of loins to create the magnificent outcome of offspring - sex is also an arrangement orientated around two, but some even manage to squish another member in, making the duo a trio. Relationships with a couple are formed to compliment, and yet with this complimenting they are apparently opposites - mimicking the dualistic ideas into our very own ideals of partnership and potential lovers; femininity and masculinity [Even in cases of same sex relationships we see one playing the more masculine role and the other the feminine role; it appears naturally instinctive this complimenting and coupling of traits]. Not only is our partnership ideals orientated around the concept of the number two, but most want offspring of two - male and female. Once again this a demonstration of compliments being extended beyond our immediate relationship.

We look to popular culture and we see this dualistic wielding of good guy versus bad guy abounding in our comics, movies and general themes of media. This number also holds the grounds of battlement, conflict and rivalry as well the idea of complimenting and love as I mentioned earlier. History shows us well the correlation between the unions of two groups or two ideologies battling it out to be more dominant - the greater of the equal, as we all are human after all. We have the Biblical figures of Cain and Abel where rivalry and jealousy of one saw the first murder every undertaken - keep in mind these two came from the first human couple, Adam and Eve.

Look at your face and see the features you have [normally] - two eyes, two years and two halves to your face. This symmetry we also use to judge the physical appearance of the ones around us, a sort of balance and aesthetic pleasuring to the two very eyes we are in possession of. Be it the beauty of love, the rogue conflicts between raging enemies or the aesthetic pleasure we see in one another, in comes back to the idea of complimenting or conflicting, balance/symmetry and ultimately the number two.

1. Banana
2. Cheese
3. Broom
fo-shizzle

Pro

again, another marvelous speech presented by my opponent mech. well done :)

BROOM
often, when spending time cleaning a kitchen you often come across many problems. dust or food on the floor in many cases could be a great problem. What do we do in this situation? Of course we sweep up our "problem". Some of might relish over hard trials in life. Well now you can realize that you don't have to. Most of the time you'll find that if you stay lenient over a loss, it will only make your life more and more miserable. But, did you know that it is by pure willpower that can Make these depressions go away? a simple step call moving on, and your problems are gone. If any of you haven't seen the film "the pursuit of happiness" I will make an example out of that. Chris, (The main character of the film) was living in a poor estate, selling medical machines for profit by the little. Soon his wife could not handle the turmoil, and leaves Chris to try and survive with just himself, and their small child.
However Chris, without the support of his wife, manages to get through life and into exceeding wealth through many trials. He accomplished this by simply 'Not giving up' he was faced with poverty, lack of the love of his life, and fending off for a career and a place to live. he single handly took out these problems by simply 'sweeping' it away'. Now if you notice, alot of people like to linger on the prospect that life is horrible and that by simply 'giving up' they will get somewhere. How ever this is not the case.
For you can never be happy until you rid your life of the problems. And to do that, is to get on your feet and sweep up the dust. To attain 'the gift of the goddess' one must sacrifice devotion, and willingness, to achieve ones goals-Shakespeare. In this quote I will apply happiness to being 'the gift of the goddess' and as Shakespeare has said, the only way to attain this gift is to actually try.
Sweeping away problems may not seem so easy. Their are many cases where loss of a loved one, or something very important to the individual, may stand in the way, therefore complicating the trail to happiness. In these situations, true sacrifice is required from said person. In truth, it is hard, in fact very difficult, to step aside from these problems. At many times when broom will fail, sometimes you just need to mop it up. Make yourself a stronger person. You have the ability to do it and you can. But by giving up hope you cannot and will not become what you need to be. and what you need to be is a broom. A big and strong broom that can sweep away anything in its path.
With this being said, Everyone can be a broom. and by being this broom, you can fall on the path to happiness.
thankyou.

1.eraser
2.cat
3.pencil
Mech

Con

My apologies to my opponent I have other things to commit to at this time; as you did not write an impromptu at the beginning of round one, the score should be equal in how many we each write due to my pieces absent in this round. Please could you also stay away from a repetitive topic selection of stationery; best of luck for your next round.

1. Tree
2. Truck
3. Pillow
fo-shizzle

Pro

no offence intended, but it would be hypocritical to say "bananna, cheese, and broom" do not fall under the 'repetitive topic' category, wouldn't you agree? However no matter the topic, one should be able to apply said topic to life in some way shape or form.

TREE

A tree is the greatest symbol of life on existence. It is one of the longest living living organisms in existence. Its life span often inumerable, unless acted upon by another force.
The tree has an instinct to survive, however that many other beings lack. It can find the most unruly places to dwell in, and continue to survive as it chooses.
Unlike humans, the tree does not seek to iolence, nor does it seek to bring about the end of another trees life.
This is one factor to show the trees ease of survival. The trees 'peace' has brought about its enduring life span for centuries and milennia. The tree provideds for other beings as well through its unselfish life-style. it provides shelter for some. It provides food for some. and to cease its existence, it provides warmth and use to all beings.
We humans, are very unlike trees. It is of our nature, to be in some form, selfish to the needs ofjust ourselves and our families. But when one looks beyond that, they tend to find others whose needs cannot be aqqauinted to as well as others. in these situations, there is often attached sadness, for these often end in death or oppression.
We as humans need to strive to be like the tree in sense. For we can surivive ourselves, and provide for others who cannot. in this, we can seek happiness to make our homes a better place.
For the tree does not lay to waste another being withour first giving all of it life giving that being before hand. It will sacrifice its only safricial thing, its own survival. This is what makes a tree so great.
They provide the life this planet has. They provide the essence of everything we breathe.
To be like this tree, We must look towars the greater good of man cause, and not just ourselves. For liberty to be upon us, we must make peace with our brothers and sisteres, and provide for them rather than just ourselves. To say that it is not a sacrifice on our part, would be an understatement.
But does a tree in itself not make the same sacrifices every day to provide for the continuation of life?
No, its undying will, to help even the opresser, is what makes us continue on in existence.
Now imagine, a world without strife or hate, filled with peace towards every man, woman, and child.
To accomplish this sounds a great deal of a challenge. But if everyone could truly understand how easily it could be accomplished, there's no doubt it could be. as long as hate remains, through the world, it will be nigh impossible for us to make a difference. Or at least that's what some may think. The world is changing both for good and for bad. But the influence, remains within YOU.
YOU are the deciding factor for which drives this world into a peaceful state, or a hate driven one.
Now is the time for you to decide which world to would choose to live in.

thankyou
1.sky
2.necklace
3.baby
Mech

Con

Mech forfeited this round.
fo-shizzle

Pro

seeing as my opponent has forfeit this round as well, i have perfect leeway to this myelf, there fore ending the impromtu speech. thankyou friends :) And thankyou mech for accepting this debate. it was very interesting
Mech

Con

Sorry for my absence in the last round, life and other things took hold of me. My opponent pointed out I had one unintentional slipping of similar topics - my apologies - however my opponent presented a constant theme of stationary:

* stapler
* pencil
* pencil
* rubber band
* eraser

Not only did he have a repetitive topic theme to present to me, he even went to the extent of repeating one topic over again - I see this as negligence. I, and I am sure plenty of the readers, will conclude this became boring for me to respond to.

Once again, I am unable to present another piece as I am currently busy. I ask all voters to look for quality and not quantity.

Thank you opposition and thank you voters.
Posted by Mech 8 years ago
Mech
I am not exactly sure yet, it's sort of pending :)
Posted by fo-shizzle 8 years ago
fo-shizzle
like an author?
Posted by Mech 8 years ago
Mech
Thank you very much :) And same to you. I am very uncertain what to do in life, but, I feel it will orientate around English xD
Posted by fo-shizzle 8 years ago
fo-shizzle
I can see becoming something great, like a political leader, or something of the such... put your speech skills to use
Posted by Mech 8 years ago
Mech
Nope, not in any debate team, or impromptu, as my school doesn't provide that -sighs- I focus mainly on English and Literature studies at the moment.
Posted by fo-shizzle 8 years ago
fo-shizzle
are you in debate? you shoould look to joining impromtu, assuming your in high school still
Posted by Mech 8 years ago
Mech
Thank you Metz, I hope the pieces appeal to the rest of the audience with depth and to inspirational :) And 'twas an interesting exercise, I have never really written a speech at all xD
Posted by fo-shizzle 8 years ago
fo-shizzle
thankyou for your positive comments mets. I feel i too could have done better. What i love most about impromptu, though, is that it is not competitive, and every one can be cool to each other and friendly
Posted by Metz 8 years ago
Metz
Even though He forfeited a round, Mech's Speeches were wonderful....

Both sides did a VERY good Job but I felt that Mech had a better depth and inspiration in his speeches...

This round I have to say is a very good example of good speech writing
Posted by fo-shizzle 8 years ago
fo-shizzle
oh sorry i did not notice the topics in the comment box. very good beggining speech by the way mech :)
Vote Placed by jjmd280 8 years ago
jjmd280
fo-shizzleMechTied
Vote Placed by Metz 8 years ago
Metz
fo-shizzleMechTied