firesoul139
Logical-Master

in an all out battle Rock Lee would deafeet Shikamaru

Logical-Master

firesoul139

Pro

Rock Lee would kill Shikamaru bacause of his superier speed and tijutsu.
You might say that Shikamaru would use Sadow Possesian Jutsu on Lee making his tijutsu tottaly useless but Lee would be able to block this because he would see the hand sighns and smash Shikamaru before he could use the jutsu. Another plus is that Lee has the correct training to use the Lotus jutsu and the traning needed for the opening of the Eight Gates.
Logical-Master

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for starting this promising debate and wish him the best of luck.

RE: "You might say that Shikamaru would use Sadow Possesian Jutsu on Lee making his tijutsu tottaly useless but Lee would be able to block this because he would see the hand sighns and smash Shikamaru before he could use the jutsu."

Although Rock Lee is fast, the question is whether or not he is quick enough to attack Shikamaru before he uses his Shadow Possession technique. Taking into account that he defeated Hidan (a S class ranking criminal shinobi who is a member of the akatsuki) while being able to use his shadow possession technique, it's highly doubtful that the current Shikamaru doesn't have the physical assets which would be needed to perform a jutsu against someone of Rock Lee's speed.

Though even if speed is a problem, Shikamaru could simply use a shadow clone jutsu to distract Lee while he performed his Shadow jutsu; while Lee attacked the shadow clone, Shikamaru would perform the proper hand seal needed and would have Lee completely immobilized.

RE:"Another plus is that Lee has the correct training to use the Lotus jutsu and the traning needed for the opening of the Eight Gates."

This is true, but in order to use the eight gates (which he definately wouldn't use against a fellow comrade such as Shikamaru), he would need to momentarily gather energy as was the case when he thought Gaara. This would render him defenseless and would allow Shikamaru to immobilize Lee.

In addition, with Shikamaru's new onslaught of techniques from Naruto Shippuden (such as being able to use his shadow jutsu in the form of tendril like attacks) as well as his IQ of 200+, Lee would be at a drastic disadvantage in terms of being unable to use ninjutsu/genjutsu as well as possessing average intelligence. Shikamaru may be of inferior physical stats, but with a techniques like his shadow jutsus, physical strength becomes irrelevant given that he can negate it with ease.

Thus, I shall now wait for my opponent to make his R2 response.
firesoul139

Pro

As the title of the debate stands this would be "an all out battle" so that would mean the two people in the battle would go "all out". Thus under these circumstances Rock Lee would in fact go "all out".

So if Lee would use the eight gates and in some way get the correct amount of power built up then he could obliterate Shikamaru in an easy way of physical destruction. Even if he didn't get that power built up then he would still know how to find the weakness in Shikamaru's jutsu. That weakness would be the suns place in the sky, it maters because the shadows could be long or short if its morning, noon, or night.
The best time for Lee would be around noon, because the shadows would all be the same short length. It would be at that time that he would use the hidden lotus which would then have Lee coming out on top and winning the battle against Shikamaru.

I now thank my opponent for accepting this
Logical-Master

Con

First, my opponent reminds us that this is an "all out battle", thus suggesting that the two contestants would be going "all out." I agree with this, but my reason for doubting that Lee would use the eight gates is because the technique could kill him (or perhaps kill Shikamaru). Lee could still go all out (as in, try his hardest) without having to use the eight gates technique.

RE: "Even if he didn't get that power built up then he would still know how to find the weakness in Shikamaru's jutsu. That weakness would be the suns place in the sky, it maters because the shadows could be long or short if its morning, noon, or night. The best time for Lee would be around noon, because the shadows would all be the same short length. It would be at that time that he would use the hidden lotus which would then have Lee coming out on top and winning the battle against Shikamaru."

I wasn't under the impression that this was the kind of battle where both contestants would have the ability to attack at any time period of their choosing. If this is the case, then what is the stop Shikamaru from simply hiding during the times at which he is at a disadvantage? Furthermore, if Shikamaru were to have this battle take place in a forest (a place where shadows are readily avaialable even during the noon), Lee attacking during this time would prevent Shikamaru from using his shadows.

Finally, given that my opponent has implied that both contestants can attack at the time of their choosing, Shikamaru (with his 200+ IQ) could simply take as much time as he neeeded to develop a plan as well as a trap . We must keep in mind that it was because of being able to plan that he beat Hidan (the S rank criminal of the akatsuki. In addition, he possessed superhuman strength/dexterity as well as immortality) due to having such an advantage. Surely he'd be able to beat Rock Lee (a ninja inferior to Hidan as well as someone who Shikamaru has had more than enough time to understand in terms of abilities) if he had the same advantage.

CONCLUSION: Given that Lee would have to leave himself open to an attack while using the Eight Gates (Shikamaru could siimply immobolize him with his shadow jutsu), given that Shikamaru could simply remain in a forest when dealing with Rock Lee (in order to insure that there would be shadows nearby) and given that my opponent suggest that both contestants would have the ability to decide when to attack (this specifically works in Shikamaru's advantage since skills in regards to preparation between battles has enabled him to defeat one of the most dangerous ninja's in the Naruto universe), I believe I've successfully demonstrated that Shikamaru would defeat Rock Lee in an all out battle.

Thanks for the debate. Vote CON. :D
Posted by Incrdible 6 years ago
Incrdible
Rock Lee is ten times better than Shikamaru. In a battle against each other there would be a few factors that would go in to both sides. During high noon Shikamaru is at his strongest and if Rock Lee knows that he's going to fight Shikamaru then He'll take off his leg weights and go for the kill.
Posted by firesoul139 8 years ago
firesoul139
this was a good debate thank you. i hope to debate with you at a later time
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
"A third grade teacher getting chased by a female student is the central driver of the plot."

I would presume that this female student is thinking about the 3rd grade teacher in that pic, no?
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
I have an idea of what she is doing, but just to hear someone else say, I must ask: What is she doing? :D
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
Don't mind me, just posting an actual page from chapter 42 of Kodomo no Jikan.

http://img338.imageshack.us...
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 8 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
"What is "Kodomo no Jikan" about?"

A third grade teacher getting chased by a female student is the central driver of the plot.
Posted by firesoul139 8 years ago
firesoul139
in round two I meant to say "I thank my opponent for accepting this debate" not "I thank my opponent for accepting" and I do thank my opponent for accepting because this is my first debate
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john

I've watched some Gundam on adult swim a long long time ago, can't really remember it. I'm not a big fan of that genre anyway.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
http://www.onemanga.com...

By the way, do you like any of the Gundam series?
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
You should read more manga. Funny thing is, the manga is better than the anime 90% of the time.

What is "Kodomo no Jikan" about?

Also, if you're the type who doesn't like buying your manga volumes at a book store, just go here:

www.onemanga.com

They have a large variety of manga volumes and the best part is that it's completely free! :D
Vote Placed by Snakepliston 8 years ago
Snakepliston
firesoul139Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Glitchy 8 years ago
Glitchy
firesoul139Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
firesoul139Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by burningpuppies101 8 years ago
burningpuppies101
firesoul139Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by ally93 8 years ago
ally93
firesoul139Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
firesoul139Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Zero 8 years ago
Zero
firesoul139Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
firesoul139Logical-MasterTied