in what ways does Islam justify terrorism

I'm arguing against this notion. I do not believe that terrorism has any relevance to this religion.
Hope someone interesting accepts this challenge. No 12 year olds trolling please.

Hello. I hope you are looking for some clarification on the violence perpetrated in the name of Islam -- whether it is commanded or not.

in what ways does Islam justify terrorism??

Let me start with the word "Islam" itself.

An Arabic word only has one root. The root word for Islam is "al-Silm," which means "submission" or "surrender." There is no disagreement about this among Islamic scholars.

Al-Silm (submission) does not mean the same thing as al-Salaam (peace), otherwise they would be the same word.

As the modern-day Islamic scholar, Ibrahim Sulaiman, puts it, "Jihad is not inhumane, despite its necessary violence and bloodshed, its ultimate desire is PEACE which is protected and enhanced by the rule of law."

Peace that is enforced by law.....yeah that's the Islamic definition of "peace".

So 1) what is the method of "enforcement" laid out in the rule of Sharia (Islamic Law)?
And 2) by what can it be justified?

1a) the Quran and Hadith use violence and intimidation as the method for promoting and advancing "peace" (ironically).

Quran 8:7
"...But Allah intended to establish the truth by His words and to eliminate the disbelievers"

Quran 8:12
"when Allah inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

2a) the actions of Muslims instigating violence against anyone who does not believe in Allah as they see fitly is justified by the two "excellent examples" found in the Quran for muslims to follow: Muhammad (Quran 33:21), and Abraham (Quran 60:4)

Quran 33:21
"There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah..."

also, Quran 60:4
"There has already been for you an excellent pattern in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people, "Indeed, we are disassociated from you and from whatever you worship other than Allah . We have denied you, and there has appeared between us and you animosity and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone". "

---------That right there is the crux of all Islamic terrorists. "..and there has appeared between us and you animosity and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone".

Thats the true spirit of Muhammad, and those who follow him wholeheartedly.

"Muhammad said: I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah""" - - - from Sahih Al-Bukhari 6924, the most trusted Hadith in Islam.

This should be enough to end this debate. Islam is violent and promotes hatred among all those who follow its teachings.

johannalam forfeited this round.

I don't know why you didn't say anything, so I will address something that someone from the peanut gallery said.

Yassine, you said:
"The noun base root of Islam is 'Silm' or 'Salam', both of which mean: calm, tranquility, serenity, peace... . You lost all credibility when you started off with such a horrible linguistic misrepresentation....They are in no way related to "submission" or "surrender".

Oh really? Didn't you read what I said? "There is no disagreement about this among Islamic scholars."

Now, as much as you like to pretend that you are a scholar, let's see what the REAL Islamic scholars have to say about this, when they translated the Quran from Arabic:

Quran 3:19a,20a
"Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam....So if they dispute with you (Muhammad SAW) say: "I have SUBMITTED myself to Allah (in Islam), and (so have) those who follow me." - Muhsin Khan

"Lo! religion with Allah (is) the SURRENDER (to His Will and Guidance)....And if they argue with thee, (O Muhammad), say: I have SURRENDERED my purpose to Allah and (so have) those who follow me." - Pickthall

Not convinced?

Quran 2:136:
"Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down...and to Him we have SUBMITTED (in Islam)." - Mushin Khan

"Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us...and unto Him we have SURRENDERED."
- Pickthall

You see? Islam is SUBMISSION and SURRENDER, if you want to be a true muslim(ie. muhammadan)

Well, that should silence the peanut gallery a little....

Anyways, to continue the debate...

Quran 2:216
Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know."

Quran 8:67
"It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made a great slaughter in the land..."

Its clear. Jihad and terrorism is Islam 101, and anyone who would disagree is naive and blindly ignorant.

johannalam forfeited this round.

I will present some facts and figures from the so-called "religion of peace":

Firstly, Islam's Latest Contributions to Global Peace...

2015.08.15 (Sirte, Libya) - A dozen people are beheaded by the Islamic State.
2015.08.14 (Barkerou, Mali) - A moderate cleric is assassinated by radical co-religionists.
2015.08.14 (Homs, Syria) - Two accused homosexuals are thrown from a rooftop and then stoned.
2015.08.13 (Sadr City, Iraq) - The Islamic State detonates a massive suicide truck bomb in a Shiite market, slaughtering eighty 'charlatans'.
2015.08.12 (Blame, Cameroon) - Islamists torch a village, leaving ten residents dead.
2015.08.12 (Sinai, Egypt) - A Croatian hostage is beheaded by Islamic extremists.

Secondly, I will present, from the reliable sources of Islamic texts, reasons why terrorizing muslim wives is not only allowed, but sanctioned as the will of God, as written in the Quran:

Does Islam permit a man to hit his wife?

Summary Answer:
Yes, but only if she doesn't do as he asks. The beating must cease if the woman complies with her husband's demands. Beating is also intended to be the last resort of coercing submission, behind verbal abuse and abandonment.

According her testimony in the Hadith, Muhammad, physically struck his favorite wife for leaving the house without his permission. It is not known how he treated his less-favored wives.

The Qur'an:
Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great." Contemporary translations sometimes water down this word, but it is the same one used in verse 8:12 and clearly means 'to strike'.

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath..." Allah telling Job to beat his wife (Tafsir).

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that she it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women'" This is Muhammad's own wife complaining of the abuse that the women of her religions suffer relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's father-in-laws (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.

Abu Dawud (2141) - "Iyas bin "Abd Allah bin Abi Dhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not beat Allah"s handmaidens, but when "Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them."

Abu Dawud (2142) - "The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."

Terrorism at home, and terrorism abroad, Islam has proven nothing but that it is a hateful, oppressive, intolerant religious political system of death and destruction.

"Mohammed is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" - Quran 48:29

johannalam forfeited this round.

Hi again,

Here is some breaking news about the wonderful "religion of peace":

Not that this has anything to do with Islam, but all this is straight out of the Qur"an:

"When you meet the unbelievers, strike the necks"" " Qur"an 47:4

"Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment." " Qur"an 5:33

Odd sign in the photo: the Arabic letters appear reversed.

"ISIS "beheads" 12 in battle for Libya"s Sirte," AFP, August 15, 2015 (thanks to Pamela Geller):

Tripoli " Islamic State group jihadists have beheaded 12 people and hung them on crosses during a battle for the coastal city of Sirte, the national news agency LANA reported on Saturday.

The fighting for control of Sirte, hometown of slain dictator Muammar Gaddafi, has been raging since Tuesday, with one top Libyan diplomat warning of a "massacre" in the city.

LANA said the 12 people beheaded were local gunmen who had been battling IS in the eastern Sirte district known as "neighbourhood three".

The agency also reported that IS militants executed 22 other Sirte residents who had taken up arms against the jihadist group as they lay wounded in a city hospital.

It said the jihadists also set the hospital on fire.

Islamists continue to prove how evil, wicked, racist, intolerant, hateful, and utterly vile and disgusting this stupid "religion" is.

Actually, I correct myself. Islam is not a religion, its a satanic cult of death and destruction. Period.

If you decide to disagree with me, go ahead, you will be jumping into the lions den.

johannalam forfeited this round.

So, ultimately, in what ways does Islam justify terrorism?

Simply this: by the teachings and example of Muhammad, and the very "holy" Quran itself.

That's right. The Quran itself justifies favouritism towards Muslims, and violence towards non-Muslims:

Quran 48:29
"Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, but compassionate amongst each other....."

If this verse doesn't speak to you that Islam is a religion of terror and violence, then you just aren't listening.

Posted by Yassine 1 year ago

- As I said, I don't particularly care for the debate. I've seen way too many. It's the silliness of Pro's statements that got my attention. If he quoted the Bible as the Qur'an I would've mentioned that too.

"Yes some questions rose about your Sahih Al-Bukhari. The mentioned Hadith shows either Ali[ra] had committed a big sin or your book contains wrong hadiths and not trustable!!!"

- Which is?
Posted by shalal12 1 year ago
@ Yassine,
Yes some questions rose about your Sahih Al-Bukhari. The mentioned Hadith shows either Ali[ra] had committed a big sin or your book contains wrong hadiths and not trustable!!!
Posted by shalal12 1 year ago
"Your statements are mainly personal opinions."
What I mentioned about Irtidad was not personal options. It was Islamic rules.

"What the Koran and Muhammad said and id are the only things that matter. Making apologies is not acceptable."
I doubt you regard what Quran or Muhammad (pbuh) say as the main matter!
Thaqalayn hadith from Muhammad (pbuh):
"Verily, I am leaving behind two precious things (thaqalayn) among you: the Book of God and my kindred (`itrah), my household (Ahl al-Bayt), for indeed, the two will never separate until they come back to me by the Pond (of al-"Kawthar on the Day of Judgment)"
Which means Quran should be beside Ahl-albayt's sayings and interpretations however, you bring Quran verses with weak English translation and you avoid using Ahl-albayt's interpretations and Islamic rules.

"The first Man who become Muslim. Here is what the Koran says--"
It is obvious that when I said Ali was the first man who became Muslim I just meant among the society of prophet (pbuh) and his age, when he started to preach Islam.
And in the verses which you mentioned its like the same case.

"Denying sahih hadiths of Bukhari or Muslim is probably taqiyya, used by the Shia to protect yourselves from Sunni oppression."
With full respect, you know nothing about Taqiyya and your brain is influenced by propaganda.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago

And yet you could stand your religion getting accused of justifying terrorism.
Posted by mgwillardmatthew 1 year ago
it it true
Posted by Yassine 1 year ago

- It doesn't matter. I don't particularly care about the debate. I just couldn't stand my language getting stupidly violated.

@ shalal12

- Why did you mention me? Is there question I am supposed to answer?
Posted by JIMJFOX 1 year ago
So you are Shia- the 10% of Muslims considered apostates or blasphemers by Sunni Islam.

I care NOTHING for the many schisms within the Muslim world- you are all Muslims therefore subject to
the Koran- and slaves of Allah. Denying sahih hadiths of Bukhari or Muslim is probably taqiyya, used by
the Shia to protect yourselves from Sunni oppression.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
Any religion can justify anything..That is the thing about religions. poletics. And any believes you believe.
Posted by JIMJFOX 1 year ago
Your statements are mainly personal opinions. What the Koran and Muhammad said and id are the only things that matter. Making apologies is not acceptable.

*The first Man who become Muslim. Here is what the Koran says--
Contradiction: Q2:131 says Abraham
Contradiction:"Q2:37 says Adam
Contradiction: Q6:14 says Muhammad
Contradiction:"Q7:143 says Moses

Islam and Koran are a fraud. So many errors. NOW everyone can read Koran in many translations and see all those mistakes. I fear Muslims have been lied to for 14 centuries and only NOW can we all see the truth. Thousands of Imams, Muftis, Sheikhs all trying desperately to hide the truth and spouting so much nonsense in doing so. I pray Muslims will see, understand and leave islam in millions.
Posted by shalal12 1 year ago
@ JIMJFOX,Yassine,

First I should tell you that apostasy (Irtidad: The action which is carried out by a Murtad) has got different kinds and as I know the death penalty punishment is carried out for a Harbi Murtad. During my whole life I only heard about one Harbi Murtad in Iran, while I saw many people who have left Islam and they are still alive with no punishments. The knowledge of Islam is so complex that you cannot judge it reading some bias webpages!

9.84.57 is a very interesting saying from Sahih Bukhari.
I just wonder how Sunni Muslims call that book "Sahih=correct"!!!!. There are so many contradictory sayings in that book which are not accepted with Shia (Shitti) Muslims.

I never accept that hadith and I just wait for Yassine (as a Sunni Muslim) how he is going to justify such hadith about Ali!
Ofcourse you will find many justifications on internet carried out by Sunni Muslims about this and other relevant sayings which are not really logical.
I only talk about Ali (ra) in a short sentences
*His mother gave him birth inside Kaaba. (It was a miracle)
*The first Man who become Muslim.
*The child who lived with Muhammad (pbuh) and trained by him in every field.
*Muhammad (pbuh) said: I'm the city of knowledge and Ali is its door.
*The cousin of Muhammd (pbuh) and the husband of Muhammad's daughter (Fatimah) and the person who was one of the Ahl-albayt (household of prophet).
Quran 33:33:
"And abide in your houses and do not display yourselves as [was] the display of the former times of ignorance. And establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household (Ahl-Albayt), and to purify you with [extensive] purification."

Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago