induced
edenbeth

incestual marriage

induced

Pro

i want to defend incest. i dont see a big problem with it.

please start your arguments in the first round, for why you think that absolutely no close blood relatives should be allowed to get married like everyone else.
edenbeth

Con

I disagree, I think incest is wrong for these reasons.
*Having sex with close blood relations can cause birth defect to unborn childeren.
Close blood relations getting pregnant to one another can cause the child a short life span. This information is stated here, and was scientifically reasearched. http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

I also think love between family is a different thing as any other kind of love.

Scrolling down this page http://en.wikipedia.org... there's a table showing which blood related relationships are allowed and which aren't, i agree with this table.
induced

Pro

well there are gay incestual couples and those who have undergone surgery so that they cant have kids. should they be banned from getting married? i think most of the stigma stems from the ickyness rather than the effects. if children of 2 green eyed parents were more likely to have birth defects, would you ban green eyed couples from getting married? and do you really want the government deciding things like that rather than the couples themselves?

"I also think love between family is a different thing as any other kind of love."
no offense, but get a life. if they really want to be together, let them marry. i dont see how you could see an extra level of love as a negative. if you were in love with someone and wanted to marry them, think of how you would feel if everyone wanted to hate and discriminate against you just because you happen to share some arbitrary connection with your partner? not to mention we are all relatively closely related anyway. life is short, so who gives a damn? if that is what makes them happy, then more power to them.
edenbeth

Con

Sorry, but think about parent-children relationships, there will always be the power imbalance at play. A parent is meant to educate a child, love their child as their child.

What about a question for you? Would you have sex with your mum, your father or siblings? Would you then marry them?

And yes, I agree that you can't help who you fall in love with but seriously? If you can only find an intimate relationship with someone in your own family then perhaps that indicates problems fitting in with society in general? And look at the royal family, they've been doing each other for generations. This could be why they're so screwy.

And you're telling me to get a life? I'm sorry but anyone who doesn't see the ickiness in marrying and finding intimacy with their own family, well...
induced

Pro

induced forfeited this round.
edenbeth

Con

I think that's about all that needs to be said.
Posted by induced 4 years ago
induced
yes, but im talking more about blood-relatives, because even in that extreme, i dont see a good enough reason to ban their marriage.
Posted by Controverter 4 years ago
Controverter
Does this include non-biological relatives such as those of adoptive or step relations?