theta_pinch
legodude123

intelligent design is creationism under a new label

theta_pinch

theta_pinch

Pro

Creationism in general rather than a specific religions creation myth.
legodude123

Con

This is a speech for all of the people in DDO
Speech
you all may know me and you all seen me before once time to settle this once and for all. I have recently notice that on this site it is only about skill. Also this site makes a big deal out of spelling. Let me tell you something. I dont care what you think about my debating skills or how I spell a word.
- just because I cant spell here does not mean I cant in real life. Also a debate is about gun and getting better with information.
- Debating skills dont matter because you will all lose a debate even the ones who have 100 percentage even the no. 1 debater lost e
-I will continue my speech
theta_pinch

Pro

CREATIONISM: The belief a divine being created the universe and life.

INTELLIGENT DESIGN: Some features of the universe and life are best explained by an intelligent cause.

So intelligent design suggests certain features of the universe are best explained by an intelligent cause. One of those features is "the fine-tuned universe."The fine tuned universe argues that the univeres physical constants seem to be fine tuned for life. So we have two criteria for the intelligent cause:
1. Must transcend space-time(if the intelligent cause was subject to physical laws then it wouldn't have been able to fine tune the physical constants because it would never have a chance to form.)
2. Must be able to "fine tune the physical constants of the universe.

Now the question is what fulfills those criteria; the answer is very clear. A god is the intelligent cause. Only a god would transcend the universe and be able to manipulate the physica constants.

So I've established that God is the intelligent cause.

INTELLIGENT CAUSE-------GOD
CREATIONISM CREATOR---GOD(S)

Both ID and creationism claim that God created the universe. Therefore intelligent design is creationism under a new name.
legodude123

Con

This is a debate that the user expects to win basically no one cares about the existence of anything. Just because your poor in grammar does not mean you cant spell. Reasons why not to judge debating skills.
- it wastes time
- It makes the user feel bad about themselves
- It puts down falls on DDO
- It makes the winner become greedy and most people on this site does not know what the point of debating on this site.
There needs to be a change and also the change must be now. Right.now my opponent is trolling and he is using vocabulary to win a debate he is trying to degrade any bodies win ratio placing offensive comments to religious people.
theta_pinch

Pro

None of con's points are relevant to this debate.

Extend arguments.
legodude123

Con

None of con's points are relevant to this debate

Counter rebuttal
My opponent is trolling and placed the debate tempting me to join it which started from a poll which he instigated th debate.
Problems with troll debates
- It wastes time
-It has no space for it
- It makes the player feel bad
- It is irrelevant. My opponent is referring to creationsm vs evolution and is trying to fail to give burden of the proof by listing sources and not explaining them correctly. He is also trying to prove it from resources like Wikipedia which can be edited. You cant even give valuable proof of your statement and I have to tell you I cannot continue on with this debate until you change your ways
theta_pinch

Pro

Counter rebuttal
Problems with troll debates
- It wastes time
-It has no space for it
- It makes the player feel bad

None of the above are relevant.

- It is irrelevant. My opponent is referring to creationsm vs evolution and is trying to fail to give burden of the proof by listing sources and not explaining them correctly. He is also trying to prove it from resources like Wikipedia which can be edited.

I haven't listed any sources.

CONCLUSION
Con was trolling; he never made any relevant argument instead simply whining about how troll debates(which this isn't) are unfair and make him feel bad. I showed how intelligent design is simply another label for creationism. Therefore I have fulfilled my burden of proof.
legodude123

Con

Please keep your comments to yourself I am giving you a PSA and I am not whining because this true and if I show airmax What I just said he would not take it as a whinning debate. Basically you do not understand what I am saying and you will never evn understand. So is this how you would treat new players? This can help many people coming to this site. You must be copying and pasting everything in your argument and unless you give me burden of proof your is invalid.

CONCLUSION

You failed to give any buren of the proof I don't care if I win or lose so you can spam hate in the comments or voting I don't care I have no time t whine with a bunch of babies on this site
Posted by Defro 3 years ago
Defro
@theta_pinch

About a month ago, I saw this person debating with another person on this debate medium about something I am very passionate about. He and I sided on the same side of the debate, but seeing that he was such a poor debater and that he was very unsportsmanlike, I asked his contender to debate with me the same topic. I lost, but I was very satisfied at how I presented my side.

And now, I see him sabotaging your debate, and I am sorry that this happened to you.

I currently am a high school student taking Advanced Placement courses in Biology. My Biology professor taught me most of the common origins theories of the world, including Evolution, Punctual Equilibrium, CREATIONISM, and INTELLIGENT DESIGN. Luckily my school is not in the United States, otherwise, he would have been fired.

I am very interested in everything he taught me.

Therefore, what I'm trying to say is, if you feel you still wish to debate about this topic, I would be glad to accept your challenge on behalf of legodude123. I'm not sure if I can put up much of a fight, but I will try my best using the knowledge my professor gave me concerning this topic.

To make sure I'm fair, I would like to tell you that I did not read any part of your argument in this debate.

I will understand if you do not challenge me, I simply want to give you what you should have but couldn't get, to compensate for legodude123's ill behavior.
Posted by Defro 3 years ago
Defro
@legodude123

You claim theta_pinch is deliberately instigating this debate because he knows for sure that he will win. You claim him to have placed this debate just to judge his own debating skills.

1. Instigating a debate you know for sure you will win is only something YOU would do, and I say this because I've seen you do this before in a previous debate.

2. After quick glance at theta_pinch's profile I know for sure that unlike you, he is a serious debater and would never do something like that.

3. What is wrong with judging your own debating skills? That's what you're supposed to do after every debate so that you can improve.

4. You constantly state that others should not point it out when you make a spelling or grammar mistake. Let me say this: to be a good debater you must maintain a certain extent of sophistication. You should gladly take the constructive criticism of others to improve on yourself.
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
True not many people have a 100% win ratio but most of the people who tease you probably have one over 70%; roughly twice yours.
Posted by legodude123 3 years ago
legodude123
none* this is what I mean if I spelled that wrong it is a mistake later on you all will complain over a little spelling mistake
Posted by legodude123 3 years ago
legodude123
I know that but I have been teased of my skills when non of you have every had a strait win ratio
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
By the way you aren't exactly a new comer since you've been here for a month.
Posted by legodude123 3 years ago
legodude123
Of course you will I can give you evidence now I wont comment anymore because I have no time to sit around to hear you.
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
SOME OF YOU PLACE debates to judge their debating skills

I didn't even challenge you to this debate so how could I have made it to judge your skills?
Posted by legodude123 3 years ago
legodude123
It is true some of you people are leading bad examples to new comers. SOME OF YOU PLACE debates to judge their debating skills
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
Legodude123;

You should ask airmax if what he thinks about your arguments in that case.
Vote Placed by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
theta_pinchlegodude123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con must be a complete idiot. All he did was complain about things not even kind of related to the debate at hand. And his complaints weren't even valid...
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
theta_pinchlegodude123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wasted a perfectly good debate and as such all points go to Pro. Con please don't do this again, as all you are doing is wasting peoples time when they could actually gain a lot from a rational debate and learn something. If you want to troll and whine go somewhere else.
Vote Placed by SeventhProfessor 3 years ago
SeventhProfessor
theta_pinchlegodude123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't try to debate.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
theta_pinchlegodude123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con basically conceded this debate. The irrelevant complaints about the very nature of debate had absolutely nothing to do with the resolution. Con presented no argument to rebut Pro, so Pro gets arguments. S&G should be obvious. Conduct for Con's behavior--at best it was unfunny trolling. As to sources, no one had any, so no one gets the points. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.
Vote Placed by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
theta_pinchlegodude123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con contributed nothing to this debate. Pro at least made an argument for his point of view.