Julieprincess
Nonsensicality

intermediate students should be able to date and show their affection at school

Nonsensicality

Julieprincess

Pro

intermediate students should be able to date and show their affection at school because some students aren't able to see each other before/after school or on the weekends so school is the only place that they can see each other. adults should be able to trust the students to make good choices especially because they are surrounded by teachers.
Nonsensicality

Con

Intermediate, so as to say middle schoolers? 5-7th graders?

If this is the case, I'll be happy to debate with you.

Intermediate-aged students aren't mentally mature enough to truly, emotionally date. At least, not fifth-seventh graders. They're still going through puberty and are only just developing feelings remotely close to attraction to the opposite/same gender in a romantic light. Their minds are overwhelmed with this new information and whatever they learn from older kids.

I look forward to your response.
Julieprincess

Pro

Look, I understand that you think that the intermediate student age group cannot handle dating and showing affection, but in case you have not noticed, all people are different. Some people have been learning from young and can handle feelings and stuff like that. But I'm not asking whether intermediate students should be able to date and show affection. I'm asking whether they should be able to date and show affection at school. That is because some intermediate students are able to handle dating and I think that they deserve to be able to show affection and date at school. BTW intermediate includes grade 8 too.
Nonsensicality

Con

At school, I think it is completely inapropriate. A, because what about the kids that aren't ready to experience that type of thing? It's PDA and uncomfortable. And school is a place for learning, not a place for romance. Save that for when your education is solid.

Don't think I am being unfair, I can see this from your perspective because I am in eighth grade.
Julieprincess

Pro

I understand what you are saying, and your right but for the people who are mature and who focus on their knowledge too should be able to date at school and show their affection. I would know because I am an intermediate student at my school and I am dating this guy and I tell him that school comes first and he understands and we have a perfect relationship and we only hang out on our spare time and we don't go to far and if teacher's were to give intermediate students a chance, we could prove that we could handle it. But another thing is that, they pretty much HAVE to make the right choice because teachers are all around you and if you make the wrong choice, you can get into trouble. Also, the students should know better because their parents should teach them what's right and what's wrong? That's all I have to say for now, and I can definitely see this from your point of view.
Nonsensicality

Con

I understand what you are saying. However, it is 'unfair' to discriminate against the immature and/or less intellectual just because there are others smarter and more mature. It is extremely unfair to them anyway, and the parents would put up a huge fight at that. And who really knows whether someone is mature or not? I can be very mature, but I can also be immature. At the age we're at, our maturity levels are up and down all the time, so there can be no way to tell.

Teachers are adults, and they've been through more than kids. They have more life experience, and they're aware that there is no way kids are mentally, emotionally, and physically ready for true relationships. It is also completely improper in this day and age to have twelve year olds, for example, making out in the hallways. That is completely unacceptable, and I'm sure teachers know that certain people can be trusted. But they know as well that children around our age are mentally growing and that we really don't know what we want at this age. That's why they're always so careful with students in middle school. High school is when our growth spurts start to level out and we get a sense of what we want. It's still turmoil, but not so much. Some kids just don't care whether they should make the right choice and what the consequences are if they don't, and some kids aren't lucky enough to have parents that teach you what's right and what's wrong. I can see this from your perspective, but I'm a very very conservative eighth grader and this is what I believe.
Posted by jinglebobjones 1 year ago
jinglebobjones
I'm currently in eighth grade and have a gf, whenever we hold hands or hug everyone around comments but in a good way; this includes teachers. PDA is perfectly fine as long as it doesn't go too far like kissing, groping, etc...
Posted by cilla_98 3 years ago
cilla_98
Intermediate students? Dating?! Pfffttt, good one.

Anyways, ignoring that terrible comment of mine, I say that it depends on the maturity level of the student. Obviously (hopefully), 8th graders are more mature than 5th graders. Some people are much more mature than others. I would know, considering that as a freshman in high school, I often don't act my age. I've been called a "30 year-old in a 9th grader's body". Then again, sometimes I can act like a toddler...yea, my parents are pretty sure that I'm bipolar, so...anyways, it's definitely subjective. Honestly, I side with the Con, since most middle-school kids are too busy cracking perverted sex-jokes on "that's what he/she said" and such. They're not quite ready to take a full step into a real relationship. Now, I'm not saying that high school students are either. At the moment, I'm in the middle of a relationship in which the other member is a bit too immature at the moment. See, people have their own separate stages of maturity. Yup, pretty much.
Posted by Nijal.T 3 years ago
Nijal.T
No, definitely not. They aren't MATURE enough to be in an actual serious relationship, they wouldn't actually be in love. But that's not the problem. They'll encourage OTHERS to get together, suck each others face like there is no tommorow, in public during school. And this starts a chain of lil intermediate kids who will suddenly pay more attention to PDA then the actual schooling. Not a good idea.
Posted by Nijal.T 3 years ago
Nijal.T
Posted by Julieprincess 3 years ago
Julieprincess
i am in a school from jk-grade 8 and in my school grade 7 & 8 are intermediates and im in grade 7, so yes i am a intermediate
Posted by swimmergal 3 years ago
swimmergal
So I am assuming ur in intermediate school??
Vote Placed by Nimbus328 3 years ago
Nimbus328
JulieprincessNonsensicalityTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro has several spelling errors, and some sentences do not have proper capitalization. "Place of learning" is an interesting comment, and dating comes more naturally after the person has a car.