tazmire
Debater1417

is Harry potter the most important character

Started: 11/14/2013 Category: Movies

tazmire

Pro

Opponent goes first
Debater1417

Con

Harry Potter is not the most important character in the series (both movie and book) because he did not face any of the challenges alone. He always had his friends, Hermione and Ron, with him and they always had to do a lot of the work, seemingly more so than Harry himself. Also, the only reason why Harry is significant in the first place was that he was "the Boy Who Lived". He lived because his mother used the last of her energy to put protecting spells on Harry, saving his life. This further proves my point of that he never did anything alone. And, he has Snape watching over him when he joined Hogwarts, so again he was never alone in his ventures against Voldemort. Harry Potter's friends, again, always made the most significant contributions to his adventures against the Dark Lord, and some have even lost their lives and families because of it. The only reason why Harry would ever be considered the most important character is because he was always the last one left to face Voldemort, which, again, wouldn't have happened without other people helping him. Harry was as good as dead facing the basilisk until Fawkes appeared and helped him. Harry Potter was not the most important character, he was merely the recipient of extremely lucky circumstances throughout his life.
tazmire

Pro

He is to just because he's the"THE BOY WHO LIVED"who else defeated Lord Voldermort. Obviously Harry Potter Main character of the series. Son of James Potter and Lily Evans, husband of Ginny Weasley, father of Albus Severus, James Sirius, and Lily Luna Potter, godfather of Teddy Remus Lupin, godson of Sirius Black, Gryffindor Quidditch Seeker and captain, Auror, founder of Dumbledore's Army, winner of the Triwizard Tournament, Only Known Master of Death, defeats Voldemort.
Debater1417

Con

I don't see how listing Harry's relations, especially his children, makes him more important. And as I've said in my first argument, Harry only lived because of the other people around him who have protected him throughout his life. He is "The Boy Who Lived" not because of his own might, but because of the spell his mother cast on him when he was a baby. I think a more important, and credible to some degree, character is Voldemort. Voldemort is the sole reason for Harry having any significance in his own life, and Voldemort, although evil, achieved his greatness without help from his mother. Voldemort has to be important for him to be conflicting Harry all the time, and again, Harry is only significant because of Voldemort. Without Voldemort, Harry would be any normal child, but without Harry, Voldemort would still be known as "The Dark Lord". Voldemort would still be very significant without Harry, but Harry would have no significance without Voldemort, therefore Voldemort is more important than Harry and Harry is not the most important character in the Harry Potter series.
tazmire

Pro

tazmire forfeited this round.
Debater1417

Con

Debater1417 forfeited this round.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
Is he the most important character of all TV and Movies because he's not.
Posted by MetaWarlord135 3 years ago
MetaWarlord135
Most important of what?
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Lol. I would debate. It wouldn't allow me to though. You do realize that Harry in the books is not actually anything special. He simply receives his scar from Lord Voldemort (Most important character) and is protected by his mothers spells. If he had not had these marks on his forehead, he would have had a very different lifestyle. No doubt he is an important character but remember a number of gryfjndors from the book can do the same things Harry can.
Posted by wisegirl70901 3 years ago
wisegirl70901
I want to debate, but since I just joined, I'm not on your level. :(