MarylinMonroe
Contra

is Marijuana Bad?

Contra

MarylinMonroe

Con

Its not bad because its a good Stress Relief.
Contra

Pro

Marijuna may make someone get "good stress relief" due to the chemicals in cannabis, but it is a drug. Clear and simple. Meth is also a drug, and it makes people "feel good", that is why people use it. But is meth good? A person here; before and after meth usage (long term):

Yeah I don't notice any difference at all.

Back to the case though, marijuana is not good. It may make a person temporarily feel good, but the real health side effects?

- Unsafe for Pregnancy and breast-feeding, associated with childhood leukemia

- Heart Disease: One's heart beat can increase by 20 to 50 beats per minute, and a marijuana smoker is three times more at a risk of heart attack. [2]

- A weaker immune system: Marijuana weakens the immune system, which will make the body more susceptable to infections.

- Seizure disorders: Marijuana can exacerbate the seizure disorders of people who have them.

- Lung Diseases: Long term use of marijuana can make lung problems even worse. Regular long term use is associated commonly with emphysema a lung disease.

http://www.webmd.com...

- Other Short term effects: problems with memory, learning, proper coordination, problem solving, increases heart rate and effected blood pressure (reduced) and other effects are associated with the usage of marijuana.

- Negative Effects on the Brain: Marijuana can cause hallucinations, delusions, imparied memory and disorientation.

- Effects on the Lungs: Respiratory problems including the induction of emphysema, daily cough and phlegm production, acute chest illness, increased risk of lung infections and obstructed airways. Marijuana users are three times as likely to develop head and neck cancer than non smokers.

http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com...

Conclusion:

Marijuana causes numerous negative effects on the body. Yes I do favor drug decriminalization, but I favor drug decriminalization because I think that people should be free to live their life, regardless of they wanted to smoke marijuana, which is nasty. Marijuana may make someone feel good, but marijuana for one's health is overall bad.

MarylinMonroe

Con

Okay Well if Weed is bad how come they put the chemicals into Prescription medicines and We only Hear cases about lung cancer but its bucause of Cigarrets but Not Weed so its really not Bad for a persons Health
Contra

Pro

I had no clue that they put marijuana chemicals in pharmaceutical medications..., and you gave no empirical evidence of this even being true.

Furthermore, lung cancer is caused in one way by marijuana, in fact, my Michigan Driver's Training book said that when using marijuana, you are 3 times more likely to get in a car accident and 3 times more likely to get lung disease.

And in addition to all my other points about the negative effects of marijuana, it is really not a smart thing to smoke. Not that it is smart to smoke anything, besides a roast.

Extend all other arguments, and vote PRO!
Posted by Contra 5 years ago
Contra
I do lack first hand experience with cannabis, marijuana, all these illegal drugs.
Posted by basicallyrad 5 years ago
basicallyrad
I don't believe anyone is qualified to comment on the ramifications of cannabis on health apart from physicians, scientists that are involved in the active research and study of effects, or individuals that have first hand experience of negative effects.

Unfortunately The Contender has used a series of quotes and links that are based on nothing but statistics. Due to prohibition, these statistics are not based on real-world numbers, as most consumers of cannabis are not counted due to them being 'underground'. Also using meth as a comparative and asking if it is 'good' too because it has been defined as a 'drug' is so weak that I'm actually laughing. Alcohol is a drug too. Everyone who has one too many - in fact anyone who gets drunk - is abusing drugs. Meth is such a terrible, terrible substance to try and draw comparisons from. It's not even in the same league!

Granted the advocate has asked a very silly question - asking if something is 'good' or 'bad' is completely irrelevant as there are almost always grey areas. However, The Contender has provided the same old unsubstantiated statistic-based references that only serve to enforce my perception of him as someone who is naive and really lacks the first-hand experience that would actually grant him a valid opinion. I don't think someone who has such an ignorant, 3rd party information fuelled point of view can sanction the legalisation of drugs either, as that discussion requires people who actually understand what narcotics are and understand the fact that statistics are no basis for lawmaking.
Posted by jing91 5 years ago
jing91
I've been weed free for the past few months, and I'm not fussed as far as my mental health goes I can't see any significant effects taking place i.e schizophrenia, but I feel it's a take it or leave it drug from a personal point of view, I mainly smoke it socially and have a good time with my friends on the occasions that I do so. Though it did decrease my productivity somewhat (forgive my inept analysis) because it was better when I wasn't moving. But I didn't do anything nasty or steal to fund my habit, it is a preferred drug to be on though there are definite correlations between excessive marijuana smoking and mental illness though they be small I in some ways would rather not take the risk. The thing I really have a problem with when it comes to smoking it, many who do feel the need to shout it from the rooftops as if they were some sort of amateur Che Guevara, bestowing their rebelliousness upon the world. Well I don't want to hear it thanks do what thou wilt and I'd just rather smoke when I'm in front of the TV with the guys sharing some banter, I don't rely on it my body doesn't crave it, thank you, good night.
Posted by TheOrator 5 years ago
TheOrator
The sad part is I think she did actually try...
Posted by Thatwhiteguy18 5 years ago
Thatwhiteguy18
She didnt even put up a fight. Smh...
Vote Placed by AnalyticArizonan 5 years ago
AnalyticArizonan
MarylinMonroeContraTied
Reasons for voting decision:
Vote Placed by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
MarylinMonroeContraTied
Reasons for voting decision: MarylinMonroe is a superhawt retard.
Vote Placed by waterskier 5 years ago
waterskier
MarylinMonroeContraTied
Reasons for voting decision: Damn con did awful in this.
Vote Placed by socialpinko 5 years ago
socialpinko
MarylinMonroeContraTied
Reasons for voting decision: Unfortunately Con never defined the value measure which would be used to decide what is or is not bad. Therefore Pro's measuring stick of health effects was conceded without argument. Given the standard of health, marijuana was shown to clearly be bad with Pro sourcing all negative effects of the drug. Con would have done well to at least challenge the standard of measurement to attempt to win. S/g to Pro as well. MarilynMonroe couldn't communicate a coherent sentence like....Marilyn Monroe.
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
MarylinMonroeContraTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not present any case and so there is not really anything that can be measured for them. Thus arguments and sources must fall to Pro.
Vote Placed by TheOrator 5 years ago
TheOrator
MarylinMonroeContraTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is not a votebomb. Conduct went to Pro because Con issued one short statement that had nothing to do with the case presented to the Con. Arguments went to Pro for the same reason. S/G went to Pro because... well, just check out Con's only statement. Sources went to Pro because he actually used them while Con used none and based her arguments off of idle speculation alone.
Vote Placed by Doulos1202 5 years ago
Doulos1202
MarylinMonroeContraTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a strong debate. Con offered nothing substantial for Pro to combat. Arguments, sources, and grammar go to pro.